1. Collapse Details

Joe I think we need a picture of you in that boat

2. Collapse Details

I need to pick up a new scanner.

3. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member Top Banana's Avatar
    Rhode Island - Summers / Florida - Winters
    Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    One of the most successful Switzer Wing drivers was a guy named Jan Schoonover from Lima, Ohio.
    T2x
    As a lowly J Class driver, that is a name that brings back memories...... of him just blowing by me with his JJ Class boat......but those JJ guys were like that...Oh, sorry T2, forgot you were a JJ too !!!

Great thread....many memories of those great years. Hey, if we can't get these wankers to race in the ocean again, why don't we start up the Salton Sea 500 again??
    Light travels faster than sound....that is why some people appear bright until we hear them speak!!

4. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Charlie:

Schoonover actually ran in UU.....He blew by me too....

The Salton Race would be great as that area is very depressed right now and the lake is basically dead due to the salinity.......

They used it for Kilos last fall...... it was covered as part of the endless "Bob Teague show" in PowerBoat Magazine..

It would be awesome to see the outboards and Inboard race again on that body of water. By the way they do run the Parker Enduro each year in October. It was resurrected a couple of years ago by Ron Hill......

T2x
    Allergic to Nonsense

5. Collapse Details

62 Imerial
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Page07Small.jpg   Page04Small.jpg   Page05-06Small.jpg  

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar

The Salton Race would be great as that area is very depressed right now and the lake is basically dead due to the salinity.......

They used it for Kilos last fall...... it was covered as part of the endless "Bob Teague show" in PowerBoat Magazine..

T2x
    Actually Schwarzenegger just set aside a bunch of money with Mary Bono's mission to ressurect the lake....They are supposed to put big filters and start cleaning the water. It actually is a very beautiful place but right now the whole place is ghettoga....lot of meth labs and stuff....one of the biggest problems is all the run off of the fertilizers and pesticides from the neighboring agricultural industry and it is a huge industry!!!! It is a great area and they do have a nice marina there....The potential is phenomenal!!!!
    Last edited by Sean Stinson; 04-22-2009 at 09:49 AM.
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

7. Collapse Details

Plus you get all the pleasure of boating in salt water without any of the hassle of actually being in the ocean!

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

8. Collapse Details

Charlie:

Schoonover actually ran in UU.....He blew by me too....

It would be awesome to see the outboards and Inboard race again on that body of water. By the way they do run the Parker Enduro each year in October. It was resurrected a couple of years ago by Ron Hill......

T2x
    Thought you may find this interesting, I was going through my past memorabillia and found my world championship ring from when I worked for Mercury on the OPC team and we won Havausu which was for world championship, Not sure if you ever saw one or not. It has the Kiekhaefer Mercury Logo on either side, as well as Mercury Racing Team and at the top says World Champions 1970 , My initials, and there is a Molinari with single stacker on the top I think it was Stickle or herring. Garbrecht had rings made for everyone on the team, I believe it was the only time Merc. ever did this for the team, Mike Butler should remember, anyway it`s priceless and a great find for me, cant` believe it was only 39 years ago. All the best to you and Darren.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 7xchamp View Post
    Thought you may find this interesting, I was going through my past memorabillia and found my world championship ring from when I worked for Mercury on the OPC team and we won Havausu which was for world championship, Not sure if you ever saw one or not. It has the Kiekhaefer Mercury Logo on either side, as well as Mercury Racing Team and at the top says World Champions 1970 , My initials, and there is a Molinari with single stacker on the top I think it was Stickle or herring. Garbrecht had rings made for everyone on the team, I believe it was the only time Merc. ever did this for the team, Mike Butler should remember, anyway it`s priceless and a great find for me, cant` believe it was only 39 years ago. All the best to you and Darren.
    we would love to see some pics of the ring
    Parabellum FJ²B

10. Collapse Details

Me too

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tommymonza View Post
    Me too
    I`ll see what I can do, I`ll get my daughter to help. She was our team charm in 1992 through 1994 when I won three world superboat titles and set two World kilo records, the team used to kiss her on the head, then go racing, she was a baby, now almost eighteen and a pre professional ballerina, time flies.

12. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Switzer Wings still fly.........

at least mine does.........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FPW10D46CNY-1253[1].jpg   FPW10D46CNY-1289[2].jpg   FPW10D46CNY-1276[1].jpg  

Allergic to Nonsense

13. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cool picture, but you needed it too be bigger.....

Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

14. Collapse Details

That is bad ass !
    Parabellum FJ²B

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    Actually Schwarzenegger just set aside a bunch of money with Mary Bono's mission to ressurect the lake....They are supposed to put big filters and start cleaning the water. It actually is a very beautiful place but right now the whole place is ghettoga....lot of meth labs and stuff....one of the biggest problems is all the run off of the fertilizers and pesticides from the neighboring agricultural industry and it is a huge industry!!!! It is a great area and they do have a nice marina there....The potential is phenomenal!!!!
    If anyone has been there in the last year, as I have, you would want absolutely nothing to do with the place, or the water, or any of it. Ghetto is exactly right. And nothing decent within driving distance either.

16. Collapse Details

I know all about bro.....I used to live in Palm Desert....The lake used to be the hotspot back in the day and could again if they would clean it up and get rid of the criminal element....That was all I was stating!!!!!

17. Collapse Details

So Ed Henry when are you going to stop taking pot shots at all my friends......don't wake the sleeping giants it didn't work out so well for Japan!!!!!

18. Collapse Details

Registered
    T2x, Great shots of the wing. Was that a vintage race or exibition you were in ?

19. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JOLLEY View Post
    T2x, Great shots of the wing. Was that a vintage race or exibition you were in ?
    Exhibition......some of the guys in the big inboard hydros get pretty racey at some events. That hasn't bitten the OB guys too hard .....yet...
    Allergic to Nonsense

20. Collapse Details

are you bringing that too Grand Island? I'd love the chance to see it up close.