Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Guillotine Toilets
    Guillotine Toilets.
    Have a hotel room with one.
    Scared the hell out of me at least four times today.
    You raise the seat to drain a few beers out of the bladder, and staring at the wall, as you're trying to get things started flowing, and SLAM! the seat falls down.
    Start making a quick check to make sure no equipment was injured as the seat fell, although knowing the radious of the trajectory of the seat couldn't possibly hit the equipment - and never mind that you would have already been fully aware if any damage had been done.
    Even worse, if you wind up needing to hold the seat up with your left knee, balancing full body weight on one leg and trying to get the job done.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor glassdave's Avatar
    lemmie get this straight . . . . you started a thread about a toilet seat that keeps falling down?

Tim . . . .you gotta get out more . . .
    Last edited by glassdave; 03-06-2009 at 01:28 AM.
    Throttles- Cleveland Construction/Traffic Light Racing 377 Talon cat

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glassdave View Post
    lemmie get this straight . . . . you started a thread about a toilet seat that keeps falling down?

Tim . . . .you gotta get out more . . .
    OK, here's what's behind it...
    I spent the day in a hotel room in AZ.
    I had the rental car - dropped wife off at 7:30 this morning, and then drove around for 5 hours. Found a West Marine, and hung out there for an hour, and then found a Marine Max dealer, and hung out there for an hour.
    Went to Denny's and had breakfast ( YES - more BACON!!)
    Went to the neighborhood of the new house, and actually drew a map of all the local businesses around the place in a 2-mile radius ( Home Depot, Best Buy, food,....)
    And then drove past ASU to check out the college girls heading for lunch.
    Headed back to the hotel and was getting waved down by an unattractive hooker.
    Went back to the hotel, and read a magazine and watched TV for another 5 hours - being very careful of only one beer per hour so I didn't get sloshed before picking up the wife at work and meeting her boss.
    NO computer in the hotel room (wife took the laptop to work with her).

A frustrated, dormant mind starts thinking funny things.
    I figure some here will not understand, and some will fully embrace the significance, and the importance of a discussion such as this.

4. Collapse Details

Dude, if you are equipped in such a way as to accidentally slam your wang in a toilet seat, while standing up, you are in the wrong business...

That said, I too hate those F'in' "women's" toliet seats...

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor glassdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    I had the rental car - dropped wife off at 7:30 this morning, and then drove around for 5 hours. Found a West Marine, and hung out there for an hour, and then found a Marine Max dealer, and hung out there for an hour.
    Went to the neighborhood of the new house, and actually drew a map of all the local businesses around the place in a 2-mile radius ( Home Depot, Best Buy, food,....)
    Went back to the hotel, and read a magazine and watched TV for another 5 hours - being very careful of only one beer per hour so I didn't get sloshed before picking up the wife at work and meeting her boss.

A frustrated, dormant mind starts thinking funny things.
    I figure some here will not understand, and some will fully embrace the significance, and the importance of a discussion such as this.

"Found a West Marine, and hung out there for an hour, and then found a Marine Max dealer, and hung out there for an hour." . . . dude thats funny

go hike hike Squaw Peek . . . i left a camera up top a few years ago . . . see if you can find it. (actually did to)
    Throttles- Cleveland Construction/Traffic Light Racing 377 Talon cat

6. Collapse Details

Problem was, I was kind of "on-call", and couldn't venture out for too long, or too far away.
    Kind of waiting to rescue her and get her out of the office at the first chance.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    Dude, if you are equipped in such a way as to accidentally slam your wang in a toilet seat, while standing up, you are in the wrong business...

That said, I too hate those F'in' "women's" toliet seats...
    Hey, we're not going to comment on the equipment, but, no, there is not a human that actually has to be concerned about getting slammed by the seat, according to the radius, it's impossible. But, when you hear the seat slam down, it still scares the chit outta ya.

8. Collapse Details

Hey, we're not going to comment on the equipment, but, no, there is not a human that actually has to be concerned about getting slammed by the seat, according to the radius, it's impossible. But, when you hear the seat slam down, it still scares the chit outta ya.
    Impossible for you maybe... but then I shouldn't talk, mine's only three inches, FROM THE GROUND!!!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    Impossible for you maybe... but then I shouldn't talk, mine's only three inches, FROM THE GROUND!!!
    I take it back.
    It is completely possible if you are about 5' nothing" and fortunate.
    Sean - aren't you like 6'4" or something...
    Sorry dude - if you catch your equipment in the seat, you were kneeling to pee.

10. Collapse Details

Ha! 6'2" and kneeling to piss only happens when I'm already kneeling to vomit!

Here's the downside of moving out west... late at night you're stuck talking to me on this thing with very little other input.

11. Collapse Details

Ya know... that is really similar to the daily routine of a private investigator, stalker, or serial killer.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

12. Collapse Details

Lot's of hotels bought those poorly designed toilets that Lorena Bobbit designed.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

13. Collapse Details

Just be glad that you didnt have a #2 on deck when you heard the supprise crack of the seat whacking the bowl.

14. Collapse Details

Bouy..I am dissappointed in you, seriously! any reasonably intelligent man, after the first or second incident would have used his that recon info to procure a roll of duct tape and solve the problem. The desert sun is beginning to cook your brain already..not good!
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

15. Collapse Details

Guillotine Toilets.
    Have a hotel room with one.
    Scared the hell out of me at least four times today.
    You raise the seat to drain a few beers out of the bladder, and staring at the wall, as you're trying to get things started flowing, and SLAM! the seat falls down.
    Start making a quick check to make sure no equipment was injured as the seat fell, although knowing the radious of the trajectory of the seat couldn't possibly hit the equipment - and never mind that you would have already been fully aware if any damage had been done.
    Even worse, if you wind up needing to hold the seat up with your left knee, balancing full body weight on one leg and trying to get the job done.
    Been there, done that. I hate toilets like that but like they said earlier, it is nothing some duct tapre can't fix.

16. Collapse Details

We had one of those in the apartment we rented junior year in college. We thought it was hilarious when guys would go to the bathroom - you'd hear it bang down and them start to cuss

Our regular guy friends learned that if you twisted it a little to the side it would stay up. Maybe that would help you?

17. Collapse Details

This isn't that tough. Sit down to pee.

Half the population already knows that.

Or, being that it's a hotel, just piss into the tub. The last guy did.

18. Collapse Details

when you were checking out those college girls were you in an old van?
    Parabellum FJ²B

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

Half the population already knows that.

Or, being that it's a hotel, just piss into the tub. The last guy did.
    Exactly...just piss in the shower

...if you need somethin to do on that side of town try conquering the quadruple bypass at the Heart Attack Grill for lunch.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You guys would be shocked to know how many guys sit down to pee in the privacy of their own home, but don't share this with their guy friends for fear of being harrassed (no way they'd do it in a public restroom for fear of being caught).

Go ahead, say you don't do it, doesn't really matter either way if you stand or sit.

Not speaking for all women, but I know there would be many of us happy if you would sit vs peeing all over the seat before we have to use the porta-potty!
    Queen of Bammin'