Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    '80 24 Squadron/Cig
    Boat has been local on the Chesapeake Bay for decades, engine is a nicely warmed-up 454 that I'm told is in the high 400's hp-wise,BW trans, TRS is recently gone-through with very little run time since...it's for sale only because it's not being used. The hull is very original, and in very nice condition, with the exception of being painted entirely in Imron. Dash is basically original with any changes being being decades old,I.E. Nordskog speedo. Upholstery and cockpit carpet are much newer(and very clean), upholstery is done in a "period" style. Stainless Marine Exhaust, Teleflex dual-ram external hyd. steering, two props (Mirage Plus & 3 bld. cleaver), cockpit and full covers, hydraulic power'd engine hatch, dark-smoke tinted windscreen, indoor/trailer stored until just recently when it started being lift kept in summer. Boat runs well and can be used as-is just fine, or make it a cool restomod project. There aren't many of these left, and this is the only one I've ever actually laid eyes on. The asking price is $24,900...who knows what anything is going to bring these days, and there aren't alot of comparables out there. The boat is currently stored in a helicopter hanger and is easy to view. Constructive input is welcome. This is a brokerage boat, and is listed @ 75606-2037752 on Yachtworld as well. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000_1742.jpg   000_1753.jpg   000_1747.jpg  

www.agyg.com
    ...in or around the Chesapeake Bay...

2. Collapse Details
    Trailer
    Oh yeah...the trailer is a much newer LoadRite and is included with boat...it's not fancy but it's correctly MD. titled, in excellent condition and has the non-marking poly rollers.
    Thanks!
    www.agyg.com

3. Collapse Details

Talk about a true historical rarity...

Is it XEX hull-numbered?

4. Collapse Details

Thanks Chris. Yup...XEX*********
    If I read it correctly, it's either the first, or the tenth hull. I was surprised that there was as little apparent interest here, in the boat itself, regardless of the pricing etc.
    Hugh
    www.agyg.com

5. Collapse Details

You have to remember, a vast percentage of people never even heard of Squaidron. Most of the XEX boats were 27's, then the 39's. The 24 is really rare.

Suggestions- You need more and better pics. I have a cheap digital and it takes those same dull 2-dimensional pics. You also need pics of the transom, deck, hatch, etc. The outside and cockpit look fairlyfresh. The engine compartment looks like it needs work. Part of that might be the camera but a little work woud go a long way. A $70 pair of polished aluminum Ebay valve covers would be an instant and huge improvement.

By the way, the 24 is entirely different that the Cig 24. It's basically a cut-down and shortened Magnum 27. The 39 Squadron was made by screwing 3/8 plywood to the bottom of a 38 Cigarette plug and pulling a mold from it. That's how the 39 ended up with those extra-wide strakes.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You have to remember, a vast percentage of people never even heard of Squaidron. Most of the XEX boats were 27's, then the 39's. The 24 is really rare.

Suggestions- You need more and better pics. I have a cheap digital and it takes those same dull 2-dimensional pics. You also need pics of the transom, deck, hatch, etc. The outside and cockpit look fairlyfresh. The engine compartment looks like it needs work. Part of that might be the camera but a little work woud go a long way. A $70 pair of polished aluminum Ebay valve covers would be an instant and huge improvement.

By the way, the 24 is entirely different that the Cig 24. It's basically a cut-down and shortened Magnum 27. The 39 Squadron was made by screwing 3/8 plywood to the bottom of a 38 Cigarette plug and pulling a mold from it. That's how the 39 ended up with those extra-wide strakes.
    Thanks very much for the input! I have a bunch more pics...no one asked... I also wasn't sure how many photo posts were allowed. I told the seller that ASAP, we need to get some nice outdoor profile shots. Neither of us had a tow-vehicle the day I viewed the boat; otherwise I'd have done so. The engine room pics aren't mis-leading; that's more-or-less about how it appears; there's just general dust and the motor has been liberally sprayed rust preventative. I agree that there's a visual contrast between the engine room condition and the condition of the rest of the boat.
    I had used the Cig/Squadron thing because I thought it would entice some more people to open the thread, and take a look...I realized they are different hulls entirely(connected by a common builder). Sorry if any of that was mis-leading. It is a nice turn key boat that I'd be thrilled to spend my day out in. Thanks again for the comments.
    Hugh
    www.agyg.com

7. Collapse Details

If nothing else, we'd like to see a bunch of pics of a really rare boat

8. Collapse Details

Well, i don't mind the original engine compartment look.
    BUT you absolutely need better representation.
    Those pics do not show enough.
    I'd say a dozen pics to give an idea.
    You can always set up a basic yahoo/flikr account.

9. Collapse Details

I'll help out... here is the yachtworld ad.

Squadron XII

10. Collapse Details

Very cool! I'm hoping to sell a few toys so I can find something like this for the everyday boat. I'd love to see more pics!

Kurt

11. Collapse Details

Registered
    ------Im new to the board but can tell you that last summer I had the opportunity to examine both a 27 Squadron (in need of resto) and an unrigged 24 Squadron hull and deck side by side. They are as you might guess almost identical except for added length. The engine hatches can literally be switched from boat to boat. I like the 24, personally, because its just that much easier to trailer with not too much loss in hull performance!........Bill S

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
    ------Im new to the board but can tell you that last summer I had the opportunity to examine both a 27 Squadron (in need of resto) and an unrigged 24 Squadron hull and deck side by side. They are as you might guess almost identical except for added length. The engine hatches can literally be switched from boat to boat. I like the 24, personally, because its just that much easier to trailer with not too much loss in hull performance!........Bill S
    Bill,, the black 27' was a cool boat, but the legal problems with the bank have still not been resolved from what I hear. Another boat with the 26 mile Rd curse.

13. Collapse Details

Sorry...been out-of-touch a little!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000_1756.jpg   000_1743.jpg   000_1751.jpg  

www.agyg.com

14. Collapse Details

...and a few more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000_1745.jpg   000_1744.jpg   000_1748.jpg  

www.agyg.com

15. Collapse Details

And maybe just a couple more...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000_1755.jpg   000_1749.jpg   000_1752.jpg  

www.agyg.com

16. Collapse Details

pull that pig out of the garage and take some pics would ya.... dont make us come down there....
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

17. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by h2oMag View Post
    Bill,, the black 27' was a cool boat, but the legal problems with the bank have still not been resolved from what I hear. Another boat with the 26 mile Rd curse.

-------That Squadron still needs power, although I have a line on a sweet 510 BB that the 26 mile bandits had built by Andy Andalucci. Supposed to be able to seriously rock the boat!!! Exhaust is gone along with carb and other hang-on stuff. As nice as the black 24 Squad is I still see it at about $7/8000 as it sits, max!!! What do you think, Mark???
    -------Hard to believe but "DONZI Baby" (yes, that DONZI Baby, winner of the 1967 Miami to Nassau race with Brownie at the helm) is still sitting over in New Haven behind a guys house on the ground. It now has a "please just get it out of here" price, with just a bit added on by me to try to get even out of this whole fiasco. It was also wrapped up in the whole 26 mile mess, but is clear of it now.........Bill S

-------Sorry for the deviation, HPOffshore. I cant believe you havent had more interest in your Squad as that is a great heavy water 24 hull. I also think a bit more prep would help the cause!!!

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by stecz20 View Post
    pull that pig out of the garage and take some pics would ya.... dont make us come down there....
    Seems like every time I can get all the pieces in place, the weather goes-to-sh!t.
    As far as the engine room condition goes, I do understand, & the point is taken. However, the boat is described very accurately, as I prefer to do, so no one gets their time wasted or feelings hurt. I will ask that the owner do a little bit of work before I do the new photos. Thanks for the input.
    Hugh
    www.agyg.com

19. Collapse Details

Some more cool stuff that'll come with boat....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled-Scanned-06.jpg   Untitled-Scanned-07.jpg   Untitled-Scanned-01.jpg  

www.agyg.com

20. Collapse Details

And more....
    www.agyg.com