1. Collapse Details
    Help finding block drains on bbcs.
    Got a couple of bbcs with big exhausts.

Feeling around for drain plugs where they would have been on an sbc. (Behind and under engine mounts.)

I am feeling around where I can't see.... am I in the right neighborhood?

Thanks!
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

2. Collapse Details

On the stbd (even) side of the engine just forward of the starter ( if low). The port side (odd bank) is about the same height, just above the oil pan rail in the middle, aft of the mount. I plumbed mine to a central point and use my oil pump to suck them out, so far so good after 3 years of doing it that way. The pump doesnt seem to mind a little sand at first.

3. Collapse Details

On the starter side you will find it obstructed somewhat by the dipstick tube also, nice design that. On mine the plugs are longer and cylindrical, I think they are supposed to drain without removing, but they just screw out now.

4. Collapse Details

Thanks. I wasn't finding by feeling.

I have a one foot square piece of mirror tile. I think that I may lay it in the bilge and see if I can get a lay of the land that way.

They are being pulled in the next couple of days... but it has been cold and I have been out of town on business until today. I just want to make sure that they are dry and uncracked.
    Thanks again.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Fund if they are EFI's the knock sensor may be throwing you a curve. The drains will be in the basically the same spot as sbc.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Fund if they are EFI's the knock sensor may be throwing you a curve. The drains will be in the basically the same spot as sbc.
    Thanks. I am about to go out and explore some more. They are regular carbed and standard ignition system.

7. Collapse Details

Maybe he/she put some allen plugs in so they're not sticking out. It should be a 9/16" open end....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 600_Geronimo_14_.jpg   600_Geronimo_17_.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

That helps a lot. Thanks everybody.

9. Collapse Details

If they are dart blocks the plugs are back futher than chevy blocks, the stbd one is almost behine the starter

10. Collapse Details

Thanks. They have since been yanked. I just wanted to make sure that I got past that cold snap before they were pulled.

Thanks for the help guys. I am all set.

11. Collapse Details