Thread: who's ready??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

registered
    Not really for me. I've got my swim platform off of the boat. It's at the powdercoat guys shop for another week or so.

Other than that, I've got two boxfulls of parts from Summitt in my shop that need to go on the boat. Plugs, caps, rotors, plug wires, fuel separators and impellers. Drive and engine fluids have already been done. A good wash and rub some Leverage on the old girl is the only other thing.

The old timers around where I live have always said St. Pattys Day is the "safe" time to de-winterize, I'm always boating by April 1st. This year won't be any different! WooHoo!!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jmeng View Post
    Jeff, whats the best way to order? Through the website or straight from you?

how ya been..spring is here..thank god..we need to get together on another fun run to Horn island..The races are in a few weeks. I know a few guys are coming over..we'll be going by boat from our house to there weather permitting..on the way back you guys are all welcome, we'll have lunch/supper grilled out and some favorite beverages..I'll even fire up the hot tub

You can order right from Jim at Top Notch or me..give him the package price cause it's less than whats advertised on the web site..better yet just call me and Ill get it shipped to you from him, just need a CC over the phone. Thanks Jeff

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
    We are starting to package these..seeing that's what the latest request is..1 polish, 1-vinyl/leather cleaner with applicator, 1-vinyl/leather conditioner, 1-metal serum or boat soap/salt deposit remover. 5-terry cloth towels. 59.00 includes shipping. Less than you can get at Walmart, and these are premium products..How's that sound. Call me if you have Q's..Thanks Jeff

http://topnotchperformancemarine.com...oducts-c2.html
    That sounds like a great package.
    I have dirty vinyl/leather issues.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    That sounds like a great package.
    I have dirty vinyl/leather issues.

Donnie has shown on a few detailing threads on how bad some of the vinyl is on some of these boats that he has cleaned through out the season..I was shocked how easily they came clean..The main thing is.. the formula is non-toxic, cleans extremely well with out making you're seats feel greasy, and has a soft non-slippery sheen to it. When you go over it with the conditioner it lasts a long time..and the main thing is you never have to worry about you're stitching deteriorating. Let me know if I can help you..Thanks Jeff

5. Collapse Details

how ya been..spring is here..thank god..we need to get together on another fun run to Horn island..The races are in a few weeks. I know a few guys are coming over..we'll be going by boat from our house to there weather permitting..on the way back you guys are all welcome, we'll have lunch/supper grilled out and some favorite beverages..I'll even fire up the hot tub

You can order right from Jim at Top Notch or me..give him the package price cause it's less than whats advertised on the web site..better yet just call me and Ill get it shipped to you from him, just need a CC over the phone. Thanks Jeff
    I'll be calling you soon for a Leverage package. Be good.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
    I'll be calling you soon for a Leverage package. Be good.

do you want the special sauce like last time with you're package

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post

The old timers around where I live have always said St. Pattys Day is the "safe" time to de-winterize, I'm always boating by April 1st. This year won't be any different! WooHoo!!

i like your thinking sir!

8. Collapse Details

Thanks Jeff, will get with you soon to get some heading my way.

Can't wait for summer, working on planning the horn island trip right now. I think we have a decent size group thats going to run over from Lake Maurepas. Haven't made that run in a few years so I'm eager to do it again.

9. Collapse Details

do you want the special sauce like last time with you're package
    Cancel that order. I'm heading to Wal Mart for some Nu Finish instead.

10. Collapse Details

Cancel that order. I'm heading to Wal Mart for some Nu Finish instead.

Damn...I was hopin I could retire off you're one bottle sale..

you thinking of coming down this year.

11. Collapse Details

Big snow over here but warming up soon I'm ready:auto:

12. Collapse Details

Damn...I was hopin I could retire off you're one bottle sale..

you thinking of coming down this year.
    Send the kids to camp and lock up the animals, I'm coming down!

13. Collapse Details

Well, it is not an offshore boat but I did get out on the water last Friday with a boat full of offshore guys and one gal (sorry, honey!). 70's, sunny, and calm winds. Great day for early March in the armpit of America better known as Illinois!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0175.jpg  

14. Collapse Details

Well, it is not an offshore boat but I did get out on the water last Friday with a boat full of offshore guys and one gal (sorry, honey!). 70's, sunny, and calm winds. Great day for early March in the armpit of America better known as Illinois!
    No matter what you still went out while I dream of visitation of my boat April 15th. It feels weird I need to see the boat I have money in the bank and that never happens when I see the boat

15. Collapse Details

I am getting really close. I just need to build 2 big blocks, re-rig the boat, add some nav lights, get the trim indicators working, replace the bilge pumps, install a horn, a gps, some oil coolers, repair/replace a hatch, install new control cables. Do a little 12v rewiring. Oh, and drive showers. Oh, and add some braking. Trailer has a single surge. Need 3 wheel electric over hydraulic. Oh yeah... and wash and wax and stare at it.

So.... I am almost there.
    WOW,
    So you are like me, real close.
    I will be lucky if it see's water by June.

Johnny

16. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    I am getting really close. I just need to build 2 big blocks, re-rig the boat, add some nav lights, get the trim indicators working, replace the bilge pumps, install a horn, a gps, some oil coolers, repair/replace a hatch, install new control cables. Do a little 12v rewiring. Oh, and drive showers. Oh, and add some braking. Trailer has a single surge. Need 3 wheel electric over hydraulic. Oh yeah... and wash and wax and stare at it.

So.... I am almost there.
    lol...sounds vaguely familiar

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 42JOHNNY View Post
    WOW,
    So you are like me, real close.
    I will be lucky if it see's water by June.

Johnny
    I would be ok with June.

It doesn't get nice up here until then anyway.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

18. Collapse Details

I would be ok with June.

It doesn't get nice up here until then anyway.
    June is when I am shooting for as well, but if I get antsy (and the weather is cooperating) maybe mid may

Spring in the northeast is tough....one day it feels like summer, then the next week it could be snowing/freezing rain.

19. Collapse Details

Although awaiting a decision on what batteries to go with, the old ones are topped off and fully charged and all I have to do is toss them back in the boat and she is ready to go. Supposed to be sunny and low 60's Friday with light winds. She just might get a wet bottom soon!!!
    Knot, Don't know what all you're powering but we have had great luck with the Optima AGM Marine Blue Top Batteries. They recharge quicker and hold their charge longer when not in use. I know people that have gotten 10 years service out of them and they are still going strong.
    Our boat will be ready as soon as I change fresh water pump impellers, wax the deck and get some warm weather.

20. Collapse Details

I'm knot ready!!! Need to assemble top end of one Sterling. Need to tear down and have heads done on second Sterling. Exhaust work too. Put in dry pipe fittings at the outlets. Weld off muffler ring outlets, add down pipes into water.
    The Saber will make it by June if knot before. But the fountain may get wet in early May.

Hey Todd, we may have to put on some winter jackets and get out there asap! I'm jonesin' for the water. Been working on boats all winter. It was easier when I couldn't see them all winter.