Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sydwayz View Post
    Also, FWIW...

The Trifecta also clips open right behind the cab, across the front of the bed. Once clipped you can drive with the bed open at highway speeds.
    Trifecta all the way, no snaps! no roll up! no strech! no velcro! fold and go!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsation96 View Post
    Trifecta all the way, no snaps! no roll up! no strech! no velcro! fold and go!
    These are the way to go if you dont do fiberglass!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    I've got a hard cover on mine and love it!! It's called a "undercover". Has two locks on it and I can take it off and put it back on by myself. It is easier with mama helping, but takes just a minute or two either way. Check them out.

Craig

http://www.undercoverinfo.com/
    I had an Undercover on my '04 2500 HD Dmax Crew Cab and liked it. A lot of guys around here are running the Retrax cover. I like the looks of the Extang Trifecta. That is probably the route I would go next time.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ThruHull View Post
    Does anybody know if Tonneau Masters is still in business?
    I used to have a toneau masters. Body shop had to take it off for some paint work, they said they couldn't get parts for it any more so I got a new Extang. better cover. Soft flip up also rolls quickly when needed and no frame across the bed opening when rolled. Also removes completely fairly quickly

5. Collapse Details

Another plug for the Undercover, which I have now. Easy to remove and replace when needed and opens enough to get items that slide to the front of the bed.

If you want to stay with the soft-type covers, I vote for Extang. Had one on each of my previous two trucks before switching to the Undercover.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by inbetween View Post
    I used to have a toneau masters. Body shop had to take it off for some paint work, they said they couldn't get parts for it any more so I got a new Extang. better cover. Soft flip up also rolls quickly when needed and no frame across the bed opening when rolled. Also removes completely fairly quickly
    thanks, I have a feeling I am going to have to do the same thing. I called today and still didn't get an answer. The extangs do look like better covers anyway

7. Collapse Details

I confirmed with our supplier.
    Tonneau masters or Sportmasters (same company) is out of business

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by THUNDER37 View Post
    I confirmed with our supplier.
    Tonneau masters or Sportmasters (same company) is out of business
    Thanks

9. Collapse Details

I have a hard Leer cover. Got it to match the truck. Very secure , lockable and weather tight. Only disadvantage is large objects. I've done large items with the cover bungie corded down. Overall I like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 79db.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

Registered
    Trifecta all the way... Just bought one a few months ago and love it.
    Fastest way to open and close cover. Looks clean, and no rails,snaps, or velcro to deal with. My only concern when I was choosing which one to buy,was that this 3 fold type of cover did not completely fold out of the way (last third next to cab remains) but since getting it, it's never been an issue. The ease of use far outweighs that concern. And if you know you are going to need the entire bed for objects requiring vertical heights, you can easily remove cover in advance, (only two hand clamps to loosen), and its off. Reinstallation is just as easy. In my opinion, it looks cleaner than the velcro/ rail design, as it tends to stand a tad above the bed rails, versus flat across, making it look a bit beefier.(my opinion)

11. Collapse Details

My friend has this one, and after using it I would highly recomend it.
    '
    http://www.truxedo.com/port/truxport.html

We can take it off and on as easily when its zero degrees out as we can if it was 90 out. When other people can't touch their cover because it will never go back on in cold weather, we are rolling and un rolling.

The other companies might have similar styles. The supports roll up with the cover, and when it rolls out,you put the ends in two slots at the back, and it springs into place. No snaps to deal with.