1. Collapse Details
    Cutting exhaust tip flanges?
    The new holes for my two inside exhaust tips are so tight that the flanges of the two tips would overlap each other on the outside of the transom. I need to trim .75" in a straight line off of the 1" flange on each tip to make things fit.

Plasma Cutter?

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    The new holes for my two inside exhaust tips are so tight that the flanges of the two tips would overlap each other on the outside of the transom. I need to trim .75" in a straight line off of the 1" flange on each tip to make things fit.

Plasma Cutter?
    I would use a cutoff saw. It will cut nice and square.
    Use some cutting wax also.

3. Collapse Details

That should be pretty easy. I would probably use a 4 1/2" grinder with a cutoff wheel. IT will be hard to hold the tip in a chop saw. A plasma cutter will work too if you have one, but your still gonna have to grind it and polish it. The plasma cutter will discolor the metal, but only right at the cut.

4. Collapse Details

Can you afford to trim the 3/4" off all trim flanges?
    Or will the holes show?
    My thought is to make a simple jig, and trim them all to keep them all uniform.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

5. Collapse Details

Bouy, picture a pair of firm tits shoved together, that straight vertical line in the center where the two come together is what I need. The rest dont matter.

6. Collapse Details

Draw your straight lines 1st onto the flanges, test fit one on the boat, and mark the transom. do the same to the 2nd tip regardless of which is right or left. cut only 1. test fit again and ck. your transom markings. you can even use the 1st cut off piece as a guide for your second cut on the second flange. I have actually seen guys tig-em back together along the cuts before the installation that way insuring a clean look, also be sure everything on the inside of the boat is going to have proper clearance and line up as well. good luck, you should be just fine ! ps: cut them with a cut off wheel like Trim'd Up said, then file and polish to your liking.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Bouy, picture a pair of firm tits shoved together, that straight vertical line in the center where the two come together is what I need. The rest dont matter.

I'm just going to continue to picture these shoved together tits.....did you say somethign about exhaust tips!?!