Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 03darkshadow View Post
    what happened to the 2-strokes?

epa

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    epa

that sucks. it looks like you can still buy a ktm 2-stroke though.

3. Collapse Details

The bike I am interested in is a 06 EXC not an MXC. It is super clean and I know the owner but I will be using it on an MX track. Will this be a good bike for that?
    VP of Operations, GLOC's Fastest Pontoon 2009

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    When I was stationed at Nellis, we used to ride in the desert alot. I had an '81 KTM 495 and a Honda XR 500. We were out riding and I got lost from my brother who was on the Honda that day. We spotted each other and took of towards each other down this long, straight road at WFO. When we passed, he kept going. I slowed down, turned around and ran him down in under 3 minutes. Fast isn't the word. Scary fast.
    I had a couple of buddies who had XR 500's and they hated to ride in the mountains with me becaseu of all the rocks that thing would lauch of the back wheels.

5. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ILMORdude's Avatar
    Chris- whats the skinny on your KTM? PM me the details.
    ILMOR High Performance Marine
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ZBODaytona View Post
    I want one of those....Wait is that the street legal one..thats the one i want
    Im converting it to street. I got all the BS, lights, stator, etc. for it just need to find some time for myself instead of building and testing the expensive $hit that you guys like to buy!!
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com

7. Collapse Details

ILMOR,

That thing is tight. I've been eyeballing one for a couple years now. I think that would be a perfect bike for running around town and to my shop.

You did good...

Buck
    A thong is like a barbed wire fence, it protects the property but doesn't ruin the scenery.

8. Collapse Details

I really dig the whole supermoto thing... I checked out one of those Suzuki DR400SMs recently. Seems like a nice cheap way to make your neigbors hate you for wheeling past their house every day... The KTM's are awesome but very unlikely that we'd get to convert one for the road in CA and also about 2x as expensive as the Sukuzi...

Of course this is what I'm riding around town right now... Yes I look like a complete tool riding it around.

We refer to it as the off-road moped or the MX-ped since it has knobbies on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1982-Honda-CT110-Red-2510-1.jpg  

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    My last bike was a KTM 495 when they first came out in early 80's. Damn that thing was fast.
    THE KTM 495 still holds the record for fastest dirt bike. 123, or 121 as measured by dirt bike magazine. They actually changed gears in the gearbox to get it up there.

It was a MONSTER capable of dispatching the mighty Maico 490, and easily whipped my YZ465 (which was a GREAT bike).

Even my late 90's cr500 wasnt as fast.

Uncle Dave

10. Collapse Details

Cant wait to get up on the 450 this spring!!

11. Collapse Details

There are still plenty of manufacturers making 2 strokes ie Yamaha YZ 125&250 KTM 50cc up to 300, etc. There is no end in site for 2 strokes. 2009 KTM 300XC/Ws are sold out!

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    The bike I am interested in is a 06 EXC not an MXC. It is super clean and I know the owner but I will be using it on an MX track. Will this be a good bike for that?
    Masher, this bike is a dedicated street legal woods bike. It would be the wrong choice if you are going to primarily ride on MX tracks. The motor is wrong, the suspension is way too soft (springs and valving), and the gearing is wrong. They are great bikes for what they are designed to do, which is woods riding.

The bikes for MX are the KTM SX models. Of course there are the big 4 jap bikes as well, YZ, KX, CRF, RMZ. These bikes are lighter, the motor has more snap, and the suspension is setup stiff for jumping. You really should buy an MX bike if you are going to ride MX.

Bubba Stewart can beat most people on an MX track with the KTM EXC, just like Micheal Schumacher could beat most people at Hallett road course in a Taurus. But those are exceptions.

But hey, they are all fun.

13. Collapse Details

Bubba can beat anyone i think.................just has to keep his lil a$$ on the bike for the whole Main!

14. Collapse Details

Anyone remember the old CR480's or the IT/YZ490's?? Those had some wicked engines back then (old school). Still have a scar on the back of my leg from the 490 kicking back when trying to start it. I Still have my 99 300EXC, only rode it 2 times in the last 7 years (my twins were born 7 years ago, coincidence??). Right side up forks and 1st year for the hydraulic clutch... bought it new, and it still looks like new ... traded my 98 300EXC and some cash for it. I'll probably have that bike till I die! Just got my son a CRF50 ... can't wait till I can take him on the trails with me. Love KTM's ... that one is my 5th one!! Can't see paying $2500 for a little one for my son, so he's learning to ride on a 2007 CFR50 ... and he loves it! I use my friend's XR100 when I ride with my son. The 300 would roost him too much and I don't think I can ride it that slow for it to be enjoyable for my son.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dollabill View Post
    or you could step to one like mine
    Who would have figured you would have the number (69) on it !!! LMAO Dave
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the
    American Military. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

16. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house

17. Collapse Details

I got my lights and new michelins on the bike now!! Headed to the sec of state for the endorsement and plate tomm. Cant wait to ride the hell outta this thing

18. Collapse Details

hope you got your plate.. My freind built one a few years back out of an WR400 (that thing was wicked) He was a mechanic for Yamaha so he did some major work to the thing..reaced it on the 1/8 mile dirt track a couple times....But he never could get it tagged because the title said off-road on it...he had all the right equipment...maybe he just didn't go to the right places..

19. Collapse Details

Im selling the KTM if anyone wants a badass supermoto. 6k its practically new with a street title!

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    ILMOR,

That thing is tight. I've been eyeballing one for a couple years now. I think that would be a perfect bike for running around town and to my shop.

You did good...

Buck
    buck yo bro its ratman...step up and get the 525 or better yet a 560 smr like i just bought and shipped to costa rica, i scare the crap outta the locals when i go by em like they are sittin still