Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Wonder how much $$ in hardware was trashed today for the entire race?
    ________

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean H View Post
    and that's why brad shouldn't be in cup...
    I think Brad did a GREAT job, he didn't do anything different that any other big name wouldn't have done. Great win for him.

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Damn I was positive he was going into the stands. I yelled and woke my wife up. Good thing he wasn't about two feet higher.....

Wow....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Damn I was positive he was going into the stands. I yelled and woke my wife up. Good thing he wasn't about two feet higher.....

Wow....
    Unfortunately, I see a smaller plate for next year. That was too close to being a major disaster.
    ________

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Slowing them more won't change anything. It is the wad of cars that causes the problem

6. Collapse Details

Contributor
    they might have to look at the roof flaps with the cot. if you watch the one replay you can see the car turn and the flaps deployed like they should but a second later the car lifted about a foot or so high , it seems like with the old car would of kept its ass planted to the track. maybe it was just a freak accident also??

7. Collapse Details

Hitting the other car didn't help. It was going after up after that. Kind of like a punt.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Hitting the other car didn't help. It was going after up after that. Kind of like a punt.
    agreed.....

good to see Jr get a decent finish......

9. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    From AP.

The Speedway's medical director said eight fans suffered minor injuries such as bumps and bruises and perhaps a couple fractures. Two fans were airlifted to a local hospital, one with facial injuries and possibly a broken jaw, the other with a medical problem unrelated to the crash.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails edwards.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

It is amazing more in the stands were not hurt

11. Collapse Details

OK Jim... I'm going to ask you this (and I'm sure light of a storm of insults directed at me) but you're a real race guy, how do you watch this crap?! I've wrenched stock cars and sports cars. I've driven late models, sprint cars, super modifieds and any road race car you can name. I love certain types of roundy round racing (Outlaws, short track, supers, Indy cars, etc.) and I can't stomach 4 hours of this nonsense... how do you guys do it?

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

12. Collapse Details

Dude.........Were you mad that the Westminster Dog Show was not on TV?

13. Collapse Details

I don't see how it could have been less boring and more unrelated to actual racing than the Nascrap Taxicab circus is...

14. Collapse Details

I watched MotoGP and a little of the Grand Am race today (F1 on Tivo still and DONT spoil it!)...

Grand Am cracks me up... every time I see a Daytona "Prototype" I think back to what a buddy of mine said... "Dude! Have you SEEN those cars with the body off... It's like someone put a Trans Am car together backwards... Prototype?!? ha ha ha!" That buddy was the gear box guy on the AAR Eagle GTP car... A real prototype...

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    OK Jim... I'm going to ask you this (and I'm sure light of a storm of insults directed at me) but you're a real race guy, how do you watch this crap?! I've wrenched stock cars and sports cars. I've driven late models, sprint cars, super modifieds and any road race car you can name. I love certain types of roundy round racing (Outlaws, short track, supers, Indy cars, etc.) and I can't stomach 4 hours of this nonsense... how do you guys do it?
    The plate races are hard to sit through. I have it on while I do other things. Only the last 10 laps matter to me. I enjoy the other tracks more.

16. Collapse Details

I watched MotoGP and a little of the Grand Am race today (F1 on Tivo still and DONT spoil it!)...

Watch for this terrible F1 accident ......
    ....... it could have been much worse but all involved walked away........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Terrible-F1-accident.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    The plate races are hard to sit through. I have it on while I do other things. Only the last 10 laps matter to me. I enjoy the other tracks more.
    I'm on the computer, reading the paper, and watching golf, Basketball, and the cup race. Multi-task or go nuts......

18. Collapse Details

Banana Bend, Texas 29 50 49.84N, 95 05 17.46W
    Me too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _DSC3020.jpg   _DSC3072.jpg  
    Mark
    Everybody should believe in something; I believe I'll have another drink.

19. Collapse Details

Sean, don't you know about the NASCAR Nap? You watch the beginning of the race, then you nap for a couple hours, wake up in time to watch the last 25 laps or so. Anything you miss in between will be shown on Speed Channel about a hundred times during the next week. :smilielol5:

20. Collapse Details

I agree watching the plate races do tend to bore you to tears at times, that's where the Nascar Nap was invented for.... Although I was driving back home from the lake, a nice leisurely five hour jaunt and it was pretty interesting listening to Kyle's in car on Sirius...

With the exception of the cautions its non-stop for the spotters and crew chief, it did break it up and made it worth listening to. While I like listening to the race coverage at times they always hype it up too much when there just trying to click off some laps...

Fortunately I arrived back home with 30 or so laps to go and it was pretty good from there to the end... Kyle caused his own mess by trying to block way to many times but it was cool watching him try to save it...That in-car had to be pretty wild...

It was a good win for Brad, Carl bit on his feint up high and was just a split second slow trying to cover down at the bottom... I'm glad neither him nor Ryan Newman were injured.

They can slow them down but a wreck like this is always possible when you have several cars trying to win and looking for the same real estate... It was kind of a freak occurrence that Ryan's car lifted Carl's up in the air that high....If he wasn't right behind in the wrong place Carl's car would have just came back to the ground...

As for some good racing we went and caught the first night at Lake Ozark Speedway Saturday and the Winged Sprint Races where very good...Nothing better than Sprints & Midgets...