Page 501 of 542 FirstFirst ... 401 451 491 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 511 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,020 of 10838
  1. Collapse Details

I've been slacking as well. Went to Myrtle Beach for New Years after goofing off most of Christmas week.

I'm switching my shift at work from 6AM - 2PM to 11AM - 7PM. It frees me up in the AM to get some home appraisals done when there is light outside. Plus instead of 18 miles, I'll only be driving 3. Plus 10% extra pay. Plus the wife-to-be works 9AM-7PM 2 days a week so puts us more in sync. Plus I'll be able to goof off more....

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    I've been slacking as well. Went to Myrtle Beach for New Years after goofing off most of Christmas week.

I'm switching my shift at work from 6AM - 2PM to 11AM - 7PM. It frees me up in the AM to get some home appraisals done when there is light outside. Plus instead of 18 miles, I'll only be driving 3. Plus 10% extra pay. Plus the wife-to-be works 9AM-7PM 2 days a week so puts us more in sync. Plus I'll be able to goof off more....
    You'll be able to goof off more than you already do??????????????? I need your life.

I would love to work 3 miles from home. I don't like the 11-7 time. I would feel like I would just get home than have to go to bed and get ready for the next day.
    Queen of Bammin'

3. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefApache View Post
    What the hell is a 5 x 5????

Hey JJ!!! Keep this thread going. Wayne sucks at it.
    I could make it my personal traveling Ho diary, but then it would be borrrrring

4. Collapse Details

We take goofing off very SERIOUS around here!

Wife-to-be works Mon & Fri 9-5 and Tues & Wed 9-7

She's off from her regular job on Thursdays but teaches at Georgetown University in 7 week stretches to keep in the loop of the latest and greatest as well as keep her name and contacts up to date. HUGE plus in the medical field (Nurse Practitionar certified in Pediatrics and Womens Health) to be affiliated with Georgetown and being able to call world renowned Doctors on their personal cellphones when needed. Patients LOVE that! Example from a few weeks ago- she diagnosed a patient with cancer, had the patient in Georgetown the next day, surgery 2 days later and on Thursday she was up there teaching and was able to swing by to check on the patient. When scared sh*tless facing some thing like cancer, seeing your "regular Doctor" has more calming effect than any medicine.

Anyway-

With me getting off at 2PM now, by the time she is home I'm well in to relaxing and ready for bed. She's just getting off and still wired. Then I get up at 5AM and she doesn't get up until 8ish. Out of sync.

I guess to sum up all that crap best would be to say it just looks like me working an off tour would work well for our situation. If I don't like it, 6 weeks from now (now being 1/24 when I start) I can switch back to days.

3 miles from home? The wife-to-be's office is about 500 yards from our front door- now that would be nice!!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    We take goofing off very SERIOUS around here!

Wife-to-be works Mon & Fri 9-5 and Tues & Wed 9-7

She's off from her regular job on Thursdays but teaches at Georgetown University in 7 week stretches to keep in the loop of the latest and greatest as well as keep her name and contacts up to date. HUGE plus in the medical field (Nurse Practitionar certified in Pediatrics and Womens Health) to be affiliated with Georgetown and being able to call world renowned Doctors on their personal cellphones when needed. Patients LOVE that! Example from a few weeks ago- she diagnosed a patient with cancer, had the patient in Georgetown the next day, surgery 2 days later and on Thursday she was up there teaching and was able to swing by to check on the patient. When scared sh*tless facing some thing like cancer, seeing your "regular Doctor" has more calming effect than any medicine.

Anyway-

With me getting off at 2PM now, by the time she is home I'm well in to relaxing and ready for bed. She's just getting off and still wired. Then I get up at 5AM and she doesn't get up until 8ish. Out of sync.

I guess to sum up all that crap best would be to say it just looks like me working an off tour would work well for our situation. If I don't like it, 6 weeks from now (now being 1/24 when I start) I can switch back to days.

3 miles from home? The wife-to-be's office is about 500 yards from our front door- now that would be nice!!
    Wow, her job sounds interesting!

500 yards??? Lucky her.

I'm closer than I use to be. I'm 21 miles from work, but use to be 49 miles.
    Queen of Bammin'

6. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Favor time....oh when will I ever learn.

Mid way across OH, relaying with an eastbound driver and on my way back to NJ in a bit

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Scarab KV View Post

Mid way across OH, relaying with an eastbound driver and on my way back to NJ in a bit
    Why is that?
    Queen of Bammin'

8. Collapse Details

Toledo is getting the snow that was predicted. My drive home was a steady 50 on the E-way..the temp went up to 24, tho! Networks are showing the cancelations in town...
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

9. Collapse Details

West Tennessee got a little more than a dusting of snow. MAYBE an inch.

Schools are closed for 2 days. City Hall cancelled Court. No milk at the grocery store.

10. Collapse Details

I saw Ms.PartyYacht posted today..I miss her.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sellsman11 View Post
    West Tennessee got a little more than a dusting of snow. MAYBE an inch.

Schools are closed for 2 days. City Hall cancelled Court. No milk at the grocery store.
    People got a continuance for court? Yay for the baby Daddy's

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Apache View Post
    People got a continuance for court? Yay for the baby Daddy's
    OMG that was funny!
    Queen of Bammin'

13. Collapse Details

OMG that was funny!
    Don't applaud, just throw money....

14. Collapse Details

It's freaking cold down here in the keys!
    I saw a boat once!

15. Collapse Details

Hey married girl, how ya doing? Hope you two are well!
    ps. every time I see your sig, I want to say : Awwww, you made me ink!

16. Collapse Details

Hey! Things are going pretty well. We're in the Keys now (since Christmas) on vacation and it's a little chilly. We made it all of an hour today out on the boat.

How have things been for you? Haven't heard from you in awhile.
    I saw a boat once!

17. Collapse Details

I have to share my girls laptop, which windows was down. Fund had it fixed. I'm doing well, thanks. I have a dial- up computer, doesn't work with his wireless....

18. Collapse Details

Why is that?
    Don't know the reason why he couldn't take it all the way. Was an easy turn around except for the chit roads in PA. Looked like a junk yard across there. Was back in NJ at 11pm and empty by 5am. It was 41 degrees and sunny, but that all changed on my way back out of the port. Hit the snow again in PA. That makes like 24 days straight that I've hit snow or ice at some point in the day.

19. Collapse Details

Don't know the reason why he couldn't take it all the way. Was an easy turn around except for the chit roads in PA. Looked like a junk yard across there. Was back in NJ at 11pm and empty by 5am. It was 41 degrees and sunny, but that all changed on my way back out of the port. Hit the snow again in PA. That makes like 24 days straight that I've hit snow or ice at some point in the day.
    They have snow in our forecast for the next 5 or 6 days.
    Queen of Bammin'

20. Collapse Details

Toledo schools are open, its a balmy 26, and roadways are slippery. I work all day..