Thread: Marinas

1. Collapse Details
    Marinas
    Lightbulb
    Hello everyone, I just became a new boater in 2008 and had an incredibly hard time finding a marina :nopity:. I searched all over the internet for a marina review/ratings site and couldn't find one. Since I had some experience building internet companies I decided to start one of my own called MarinaRatings.com.

I just launched it about a month ago and am trying to get users to post reviews on marinas they have stayed at or are currently at, so I'm giving away a free Waverunner to a random user. I know, I know, it's not a jet boat, but it's something. Each review you post gets you one free entry, then I draw a review at random and the user tied to the review wins.

So, if you could please take a minute to check out the site and maybe post a review or two it would be great to help us in our launch phase, and you never know, you may end up winning that Waverunner after all!

Hope to see you soon!

MarinaRatings.com

2. Collapse Details

registered
    Welcome! Cool site.
    I added my marina and wrote a review.
    Last edited by cigdaze; 02-19-2009 at 02:21 PM.

3. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Neat site

4. Collapse Details

done. Turkey Point Marina, Edgewater, Maryland.

5. Collapse Details
    Talking
    Thanks guys! Over the next month or so I'll be adding more marinas and users have been reviewing at a pretty steady pace, so hopefully it will turn into a great repository of everyone's comments on marinas. After all, we spend a freakin' fortune on them!

- MarinaRatings.com

6. Collapse Details

registered
    Tell me about it!
    Welcome again.

7. Collapse Details

Registered
    Hey great idea on that. I wish I could help but we only boat LOTO and have a place so no need for marina's unless you are talking about fill ups, food, beverages etc at local marina's then I have some imput.

8. Collapse Details

Well, I may build a N/A into the rating system just for that reason. Right now you have to rate things like Slip and Storage, but it obviously doesn't apply to everyone, so that's one item I'm looking to add soon, then you can probably go ahead and review marinas in your area. Thanks for the feedback, and help spread the word if you can, we're new in town!

- MarinaRatings.com

9. Collapse Details

Registered
    Sounds like you have a plan already set. Site looks good and I will spread the word for you down my way. Keep up the good work!

10. Collapse Details

Cool site, however some updating needed for Marinas around Ottawa Illinois.

Four Star no longer exists, been closed three years. Heritage Harbor purchased Four Star property and did a complete renovation, new harbor, total development.

Might want to add Starved Rock Marina, which is west of Ottawa on Dee Bennet Road. Do no remember the address.

11. Collapse Details

I did it!

12. Collapse Details

Nice site - very helpful. Already posted a tweet about it on Twitter - hope the word gets out...

13. Collapse Details

Thanks guys - you're the best!

14. Collapse Details

BTW - I deleted Four Star. If you ever encounter something bogus, there should always be a 'flag' option, so if you flag it I'll inspect to make sure it's legit. It's just easier for me to have the site self-policed. THANKS!