Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by StraightJacket View Post
    only thing is we Powder coated it, instead of paint
    How did you cure it? IR?

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by StraightJacket View Post
    Joe I have a guy out in green Garden that can sand blast and prime it . I have a welder at the house to add a drive guard, and any other structure that might need attention. I think I'm pretty good with the wiring, and Paint ask Sommer. You should just take a look at our old redone trailer that was under the Scarab , only thing is we Powder coated it, instead of paint

Green Garden? Wheres that? Bad thing is I cant do anything till april 15th on that Target trailer. But I think a month should give me enough time to redo it. I would think sandblasting would be a necessity!

3. Collapse Details

Green Garden is just south and east of me

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    How did you cure it? IR?
    He must know someone with the largest easy bake oven in the world

5. Collapse Details

Mild Thunder, please keep pictures coming as the trailer gets underway, this is great to follow and good luck in your project!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsation96 View Post
    He must know someone with the largest easy bake oven in the world
    Johnny boy you going to bring that boat to the city this summer and run with us in some real water?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Johnny boy you going to bring that boat to the city this summer and run with us in some real water?
    I really would like too, my wife would love that! but will that lake take me out in my little boat? Also can you ride to down town? that would be sweet.

8. Collapse Details

I really would like too, my wife would love that! but will that lake take me out in my little boat? Also can you ride to down town? that would be sweet.
    Yes you can go downtown and no the lake won't take you out, my first ride was a 24' Checkmate.

9. Collapse Details
    Help Mr Wizzerd !
    I'am scard ! // Iam out there in a 271 most of the time , Do'nt worry some one will be there for you BIG !GUY!!

10. Collapse Details

In Fond Remembrance. StraightJacket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    How did you cure it? IR?
    There is a guy up near Joe in the City that does alot of work for Chicago . He has 3 big a$$ ovens , and a few Chalupas that work for him. The trailer has to be completely in pieces. Ours is only for a 30' boat, not sure if Joes would fit.

11. Collapse Details

The trailer under my boat now is about 44ft or so long. The target is about 41ftt i think.

Once I get underway, which might not be for a month or two, I will definitly post pics of the rehab project.

12. Collapse Details

I rebuilt the Target trailer under my Mistress. It was 40' with the drive protector, box tubing and weighted 3625 lbs. I completely stripped all the parts off except one axle and took it to a guy to sandblast, shoot it with etching primer and emron paint and I think he charged me $700. including paint. Took it back home and added leds down the side and across the back. While I was running the new wiring I added reverse lights which I highly recommend. When you are at a busy ramp it really takes all the guess work out for the people behind you what you might be trying to do. Even though your tires look good have the serial # checked to see how old they are. The ones that came on this trailer looked new and after the 3rd blowout I found out there were very old. Don't forget to get bearing buddy's to grease the hubs.
    When I bought the Top Gun it had a Manning under it that I wasn't to happy with. The trailer had a 3" bow in it and with the boat full of fuel the axles would bottoming out on the frame. Chris Merrill, Merrill Power Boats near South Bend was a dealer for Trailmaster in Mishawaka Indiana so we put are heads together and had them build us one of there Vanguards to our specs and went with disc brakes. They even went up to his shop to check the bottom of the boat for measurements. The Brakerite electric over hydraulic that you mentioned is the only way to go no matter if you go with disk or drum. When Betty and I went to his shop to pick up the boat on the new trailer the first time I hit the drakes pulling off his lot if we weren't buckled in I think it would have put us through the windshield. Your Target has drum but didn't see if they we electric or hydraulic. If there hydraulic I would just clean everything up with new shoes, add the pump, wire it and your set. The drive protector is a great idea if you have the time. Those look like the same bunks I had. Mine were some kind of hardwood I think they"ll last forever. The most important thing you have to do with the bunks is make sure they go just past the transum a few inches. If you don't have support under the transum it will put a hook in the hull from not being supported. If you do move them try to leave enough room so you can off load with a fork truck in case you get near some saltwater and don't want to dunk the trailer. If you need any help with the LED's let me know what you need. There is store up the road from me that buys allot of overstock parts from the camper and trailer manufacturers up north. I added 4 more LED to each side of mine before I put it up for the winter.
    If you are looking for a tool box to mount to the side I found K&W mfg in Bronson Mi near Coldwater that will build any size or shape you want. They carry diamond plate or polished and have very nice locking divises. I store a couple dock lines, grease gun, wax, towels, prop wrench and put my tie down straps in there.
    Good luck and keep us posted, Doug

13. Collapse Details

These were suppose to load with last post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trailer.jpg   Top gun.jpg