Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17
  1. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Quote Originally Posted by nortech4play View Post
    Your gonna have to read the entire thread already stated my driver....lol
    Rode the short bus
    ________

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by pullmytrigger View Post
    theres a thing called "find all posts by......" took less than a minute

Kyle Bush is your man?......shoulda' known

he was fast last yr until the chase....when it actually counted.

then saying he and his team choked.......would be the understatement of the year

so there......
    Yeah he did have trouble in the chase but he won 21 races last year and that wasn't too shabby;

8 - Cup
    10 - Nationwide
    3 - Truck

At least he was one of the Chase drivers invited to the Big Dance in NY...was your's....lol

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Davidmnc View Post
    Nice avatar!!!
    They seem fitting for the times were in....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled-2.jpg   untitled-1.bmp  

4. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ILMORdude's Avatar
    Jr and Vickers had a phone convo during the week to talk about things. Heard that on speed last night
    ILMOR High Performance Marine
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com

5. Collapse Details

k-Puss (Rowdy Want-a-bee)won the truck race today.I'am sure you all are very happy!

6. Collapse Details

I'm NOT

7. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Ok guys, the 500 is over. Lets move our nascar talk to my new thread http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forum...ead.php?t=4428
    ________

8. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Oval View Post
    k-Puss (Rowdy Want-a-bee)won the truck race today.I'am sure you all are very happy!

Kind of a boring race....Kyle was so much faster he didn't have any competition....

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Yes Kyle won congratulations.

Big deal . Cup guys should not run Trucks or Nationwide series. So the guys with the most resources and mega buck backing wins.. I am not impressed.

We will see how he does come Sunday. If he wins then there is cause for celebration.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Yes Kyle won congratulations.

Big deal . Cup guys should not run Trucks or Nationwide series. So the guys with the most resources and mega buck backing wins.. I am not impressed.

We will see how he does come Sunday. If he wins then there is cause for celebration.
    LOL.....I'm not going to argue the point whether or not Cup regulars should be running in this series...I agree that the Cup regulars are cherry picking the series but anyway you cut it he smoked Edwards, Harvick, Burton, Biffle, Ragan, Waltrip, Vickers, Nemecheck and some lesser Cup guys like Logano & McDowell....

I would agree that having Cup regulars running in the support series puts the non-Cup teams at a disadvantage but when you beat four of last years Chase guy's that were in the race it's a pretty good day....Nice try at a backhanded compliment but he dominated both races today and ya never know what Sunday will bring...

11. Collapse Details

I did not see the second race. I can't argue his talent. I just don't like him, his car, his character, well nothing about him.

As far as cup guys racing Nationwide and trucks, In my opinion it is wrong. Those series should breed future racers. The kids like Logano should be racing there. The whole mess is a recipe for disaster.

12. Collapse Details

As far as cup guys racing Nationwide and trucks, In my opinion it is wrong. Those series should breed future racers. The kids like Logano should be racing there. The whole mess is a recipe for disaster.
    You won't see an argument from me on that...the Trucks should be exactly that...up and comer's and those on the way down...you need some sort of mix between the inexperienced and experienced drivers to make it interesting...The Nationwide should be for young drivers who are Rookies in Cup or moving up from the Trucks... I've always looked at the support classes as JV and Freshman series and when the Cup Regulars started bringing their teams and money into them it did change the dynamic that had worked well for years... Cup guy's suck up all of the good sponsor's and in today's ecomomic times it's really hard for a Nationwide or Camping World only team to survive... If Nascar doesn't fix it soon the fields will without a doubt start to dwindle down...

I don't agree with some of Kyle's actions at times but I do enjoy his passion for winning and not wanting to settle for anything other than a win...Too many of the so called stars these days are happy with a good run and if it keeps their sponsors happy...I liked the days when the most important thing was winning...

13. Collapse Details

You won't see an argument from me on that...the Trucks should be exactly that...up and comer's and those on the way down...you need some sort of mix between the inexperienced and experienced drivers to make it interesting...
    It just smacks small teams in the face. You start out racing put together a team and try to compete and do well and the multi million dollar teams come and spank you. It must just intimidate many from even considering it

14. Collapse Details

It just smacks small teams in the face. You start out racing put together a team and try to compete and do well and the multi million dollar teams come and spank you. It must just intimidate many from even considering it

I agree I was trying to think of who the first multi-million dollar team was who came down and started the wave or Cup regulars and I'm thinking it was Roush...

15. Collapse Details

I agree I was trying to think of who the first multi-million dollar team was who came down and started the wave or Cup regulars and I'm thinking it was Roush...
    Maybe I don't know. I am sure it is fun for the drivers, but really. If the teams want to field cars put different drivers in them. Don't let cup drivers in until they have run a full season in Nationwide or some other top series like indy car or F1. At this rate in a few years there will be a handful of big teams filling all three series.

16. Collapse Details

Maybe I don't know. I am sure it is fun for the drivers, but really. If the teams want to field cars put different drivers in them. Don't let cup drivers in until they have run a full season in Nationwide or some other top series like indy car or F1. At this rate in a few years there will be a handful of big teams filling all three series.

Yep that's the way I see it too....as for F1 it starts in 32 days and hopefully Ferrari can come out fast this year... should be interesting since most of the top teams will be using the new KERS system on all of the cars....

"Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems, or KERS, become optional for 2009. Such systems take waste energy from the car's braking process, store it and then reuse it to temporarily boost engine power. This and the following diagram show the typical placement of the main components at the base of the fuel tank, and illustrate the system's basic functionality - a charging phase and a boost phase. In the charging phase, kinetic energy from the rear brakes (1) is captured by an electric alternator/motor (2), controlled by a central processing unit (CPU) (3), which then charges the batteries (4)."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KERS.jpg   car_focus_4.gif  

17. Collapse Details

I guess they didn't pull hard enough out of the turns.. It sounds like a little sling shot help

18. Collapse Details

They removed traction control last year...this is their "green" alternative....

19. Collapse Details

I don't follow F1. The little bit I have seen is over the top. Tire warmers computers for trannie, engines, traction control and what ever else. It gets crazy. The boats in Dubai have computers that a gyro driven , control trim and steering. I don't know all the details, but it is getting silly.

20. Collapse Details

I've followed it since Jackie Stewart was racing for Tyrell back in the 70's...they do come up with some pretty off the wall things but if you've ever had a chance to go to a race it's phenomenal and indy or cart are like F1 light....good racing too but not the same...the amount of hp they can pump out of a small displacement normally aspirated engine is insane...that and next to a Top Fueler there isn't anything in racing that's as loud...