Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Pullin the boat apart...
    Well the sunsation is out of the cobwebs and de-iced. After fruitlessly shopping for a new boat (and a loan to go along with it), Ive decided just to put my downpayment into the bilge and get another summer out of my Dominator. Most of the interior has been pulled and awaiting quotes for reupholstering and the dash panels are yanked out still from last summer.

Heres what I need. Ive got between $12k and $15k. I want a great looking, uber-reliable, great sounding set of motors that will still get me 70mph.
    I have the 330HP mercruisers 454's on bravo's in there now. Id like to pull these 800+ hour motors out myself, paint the bilge, clean up the wiring and reinstall a new set or rebuilt motors.

Anybody have any ideas for this? Ive been talkin to a guy that I have a lot of confidence in for getting a set put together on this budget...

If it was you, what route would you go with it? Id love a big nasty set of superchargers and big tubes but its well out of my budget.

350-500HP, 70 MPH, RELIABILITY, great sound and good looks!

$12k-$15k Budget, GO!

2. Collapse Details

Let it sink and start over.........

3. Collapse Details

I know of twin 496 HO's 35hrs on them 16k or bo

4. Collapse Details

it pretty much did, in the yard..
    Poor things been neglected since last year.. know whats funny? We found a bunch of blonde hairs still wrapped around the alternator on the starboard side.. Thank you sunsation for your "rotting back seat".. And the blonde that never came back to the lake that now has a baldspot on the back of her head.. lol

5. Collapse Details

you might be able to find a set of 496 mag ho's, on my little boat, 24 outlaw, i put a 496 mag ho with a whipple , it runs 80 plus and is quite reliable, but i also did a few other things. but my budget was quite larger. good luck.

6. Collapse Details

i cant find anything close to a 496mag HO for that price, where should i be looking?

7. Collapse Details

If it was me and I HAD to stay with your budget I would rebuild what you already have and bump up the HP on them a little.

8. Collapse Details

I can give you his # if you want.
    Anybody looking for a set of low hour HO's? Approximately 35hrs come complete less steering parts ready to drop in just hook up power and fuel. Won't split selling as a pair. $16000.00 or B.O

Pictures coming soon.
    Attached Thumbnails
    Last edited by JFM; 02-11-2009 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Added ad

9. Collapse Details

cool.....show pics of the chicks in avatar

10. Collapse Details

rebuilding what I have is an option. due to a winterizing snafu, ill need a block and exhaust manifolds.

11. Collapse Details

oops
    Last edited by jryan26; 02-11-2009 at 07:50 PM. Reason: I just realized that he only had one left.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by indebt View Post
    I can give you his # if you want.
    Anybody looking for a set of low hour HO's? Approximately 35hrs come complete less steering parts ready to drop in just hook up power and fuel. Won't split selling as a pair. $16000.00 or B.O

Pictures coming soon.
    Attached Thumbnails
    That would be a good deal if they had the exaust for them also, and still had all the accesories bellhousings etc on the back so they were truly ready to install. You'll need to do some wiring changes to the harness to get them to hook up, but with a little monkeying and a few extra parts, I think it might work out.

13. Collapse Details

I don't know much about them other than the guy is very anal with his boat so they are clean and taken care of. I think it comes complete less steering, but don't quote me. I will get his # and email for anyone that wants.

14. Collapse Details

gellner engineering can redo em for 5k a side and be over 400 easy

call dean

15. Collapse Details

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o27280-en.html

Change the cams, add a Hardin HP500 intake and carb, get some decent exhaust, and you should be right around 400-425hp.

16. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by waterboy222 View Post
    rebuilding what I have is an option. due to a winterizing snafu, ill need a block and exhaust manifolds.
    liquid tephlon will fix the block

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o27280-en.html

Change the cams, add a Hardin HP500 intake and carb, get some decent exhaust, and you should be right around 400-425hp.
    Yep. What he said.

18. Collapse Details

15k will get you a seat in mine and run 100 all summer. Better make it 20
    VP of Operations, GLOC's Fastest Pontoon 2009

19. Collapse Details

All great ideas, thanks to everyone for their help...

20. Collapse Details

How fast were you before? I thought you ran 70 stock?
    VP of Operations, GLOC's Fastest Pontoon 2009