Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sydwayz View Post
    2000 Ford Dually.

Read this and make sure you look a this tee. I found it to be the wrong one that they send in the Ford kits. I called them to inform them several months ago of this error. Curious if they updated their parts list to the correct one.

The attached pic are of the tees , chitty pics, but the hole size and if you look close at eh middle pic, the taper on the largerer holed tee is flattened out do to it being the wrong one the difference is obvious. I was chasing a slight leak at this tee till I realized it was the wrong one. It just barely sealed, and not by the taper fit. The small hole tee is the correct one. At least on my truck.

Copied from OSO:

After close inspection, it was appearant that the tee fitting shipped with the controller is for a 1/4" line. My '03 Ford truck has 3/16 lines, so the flare joint DOES NOT seal correctly. In fact, it doesn't seal on the taper, but on the tip by flattening the end of the tees flare. I removed the tee and looked at the flare inside the female end of the tee and the tip of it is flatened because the line isn't large enough to fit over the taper. It also barely screwed into the M/C by a couple threads. Idoubt it seated real good inside the M/C either. A major fug up on their part, that could lead to a major brake failure.
    I found the website for that tee and it is made for a 1/4" brake line pass thru with a 3/16 take off. The one shipped with my controller is pt # 7904. (will be stamped on the side of the tee) The correct one for my Ford is #7933. Napa has them in stock for a few bucks.

http://www.imperialinc.com/pdf/Section_F.pdf#page=6
    'scroll down to F6'

I ended up drilling and tapping the take off port of teh tee to screw the sensor directly to the tee for a much cleaner look. Didn't care for the short tube with adapters look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0187.jpg   DSCN0190.jpg   DSCN0183.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by US1Fountain View Post
    Read this and make sure you look a this tee. I found it to be the wrong one that they send in the Ford kits. I called them to inform them several months ago of this error. Curious if they updated their parts list to the correct one.

The attached pic are of the tees , chitty pics, but the hole size and if you look close at eh middle pic, the taper on the largerer holed tee is flattened out do to it being the wrong one the difference is obvious. I was chasing a slight leak at this tee till I realized it was the wrong one. It just barely sealed, and not by the taper fit. The small hole tee is the correct one. At least on my truck.

Copied from OSO:

After close inspection, it was appearant that the tee fitting shipped with the controller is for a 1/4" line. My '03 Ford truck has 3/16 lines, so the flare joint DOES NOT seal correctly. In fact, it doesn't seal on the taper, but on the tip by flattening the end of the tees flare. I removed the tee and looked at the flare inside the female end of the tee and the tip of it is flatened because the line isn't large enough to fit over the taper. It also barely screwed into the M/C by a couple threads. Idoubt it seated real good inside the M/C either. A major fug up on their part, that could lead to a major brake failure.
    I found the website for that tee and it is made for a 1/4" brake line pass thru with a 3/16 take off. The one shipped with my controller is pt # 7904. (will be stamped on the side of the tee) The correct one for my Ford is #7933. Napa has them in stock for a few bucks.

http://www.imperialinc.com/pdf/Section_F.pdf#page=6
    'scroll down to F6'

I ended up drilling and tapping the take off port of teh tee to screw the sensor directly to the tee for a much cleaner look. Didn't care for the short tube with adapters look.

Thank you so much for this information. I may be trading some more info with you when I get the unit later this week. Thanks again!
    Brian Tillett; Active Thunder Factory Representative
    wwwActiveThunderBoats.com
    brian(a)activethunderboats.com

3. Collapse Details

Got home late tonight, and looked in the box; and they shipped #7904 with mine.

I stopped by Napa and traded the T in on a 7933 today. I also bought another piece of brake line that is hand-shapable, which will make the install around the MC really simple.
    Last edited by Sydwayz; 03-15-2009 at 01:48 AM. Reason: updated info
    Brian Tillett; Active Thunder Factory Representative
    wwwActiveThunderBoats.com
    brian(a)activethunderboats.com