Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 38fountainSC View Post
    Viper where about the same I'm 230 @ 17%. Started out 255 in November. Are you trying Finadrol? I just tried it made my weights go up a bit. I have some calibers but cant seem to consistent readings. I need someone who knows what there doing to show me how to use them.

Magyver I use a scale that measures bodyfat. Tanita here is a link to some:http://www.itinscales.com/pbodyfat.htm
    cool! no im trying "halocore" some guys outa texas make it "Rockhard Formulations" and we seem to sell quite a bit of it too...

the body caliper is the ONLY accurate way to get consistent reading other than a water tank test. ive tryed tons of those scales that measure and they none of them seem to have similar reading. matter of fact, they are kind of frowned on in the fitness biz. not to say that they dont work sometimes.... they just seem to float a lot in readings... i did use one for a while that you held in your hands but i took an average of 3 reading to get close body fat %...

the #1 thing to remember about calipers is that you HAVE to be consistent in your skin fold... i have even marked my clients with markers to keep my skin folds in the same place from week to week.. once you do it for a few years straight tho it gets kinda redundant

if you wanna know how go to exrx.com and check out the skinfold calculator in the fitness testing section... exrx even has a section to show you all seven sites and how to do skinfolds ...
    www.41apache.com

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by viperfitness1 View Post
    ive been doing this for a while now and i have loads of info stuffed in my brain for diets and exercise. i guess when you are around the stuff all day you absorb a little. but im not perfect by no means.

i started my new diet and exercise program on jan 1 this year too. i had taken off 6 months from any exercise and eating healthy and gained about 20 pounds of pure fat!

i weighed 233 pounds on jan 1 with 21.9%...
    on sat i weighed 239 pounds and had 17.1% fat

but im trying to gain some of the muscle i had lost when i stopped working out. i had previously weighed 282 with 13% body fat so im having some issues being the "little guy"

what a *****......
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

3. Collapse Details

shut up stecz!
    www.41apache.com

4. Collapse Details

bunch of metros around here...... andys so perfect he only has to poop once a week....
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

5. Collapse Details

I'll exercise when stecz starts
    Parabellum FJ²B

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Davidmnc View Post
    Okay.....that makes since. I have learned alot from you the last couple days. It's really not that hard to eat healthier if you know how. I am really looking farward to reading the book you recomended. I ordered it yesterday. I am really tired of being a fat guy!
    Dave what is the book you ordered?
    Sounds intewresting and this is a great thread, I tried the Atkins diet and it damn near killed me, gotta be a better way.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Prosno View Post
    Dave what is the book you ordered?
    Sounds intewresting and this is a great thread, I tried the Atkins diet and it damn near killed me, gotta be a better way.
    Here ya go. It was on the other thread.

the Glycemic revolution
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

8. Collapse Details

so all this studying and thinking and test taking etc is scaring me, if the brain is a muscle, and I am working it out so much, how is it gonna still fit in my head by graduation???
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Does any one have a good website where you can look at an accurate GI index chart. I found a lot of conflicting info when searching, One website had several items listed under low GI and then again the same item under medium high.

In reference to the graham cracker crumbs, if you are only using a teaspoon or two I can't believe it would be that bad. there are 120 calories and 5 g of sugar , if you use 2 teaspoons of the g.c. crumbs that is about 20 calories and .4g of sugar. Now if you overdue it that would be another story.

Viperfit, in answer to your question I feel guilty when I don't exercise, the worst is Sunday morning since I don't always feel the best if I have had several glasses of wine or stayed up late. Last Saturday I did not get to bed until about 1:45 AM, no matter how hard I try, I can't sleep past about 7:30, then all day long I feel like crap. This weekend was good, I was able to get a lot of exercise in but my weight is the same, I am sure it is because Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night I had an average of three glasses of wine. I know with me it's the alcohol, I wish I never discovered it...

10. Collapse Details

You wanna be in shape? Follow the redhotsommer weekly plan! This is a typical week for me during the winter...

Sunday - Rest day or long mileage on stationary bike trainer (2 hours +)
    Monday - 1 hour tempo on bike trainer
    Tuesday - 4:30 am 5 mile run (yup, even with MINUS 15 windchill the other day)
    Wednesday - 1 hour interval workout on trainer (like a spin class)
    Thursday - Rest day
    Friday - 4:30 am 5-6 mile run
    Saturday - 1 to 1-1/2 hours on trainer

Mileage and time will increase when the weather warms up enough to ride outside. I'll be training for some ultradistance mountain bike races this summer (100 miler on July 11 in Wisconsin).

And if you want proof of just how nuts I am...you can ask my boating buds. I'm fairly legendary for getting up and going running at 5 am after drinking 'til 2. Did an ultramarathon (31 mile trail run) two years ago, and an Xterra (offroad) triathlon last summer. I try to do something stupid and challenging every year. I bust my a$$ all week so I can drink BEER on the weekend!

11. Collapse Details

Haven't logged on for a few days and WOW! this thread took off. Great stuff!

Can anybody inform me how much crap is in Jagermeiter??? I bet that stuff made me gain a lot of weight in the past. Maybe I should switch to Petron Silver? Opinions please.

12. Collapse Details

Yeah 1 shot of Jager is the stuff called red bull!
    It's great for you

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    you wanna be in shape? Follow the redhotsommer weekly plan! This is a typical week for me during the winter...

Sunday - rest day or long mileage on stationary bike trainer (2 hours +)
    monday - 1 hour tempo on bike trainer
    tuesday - 4:30 am 5 mile run (yup, even with minus 15 windchill the other day)
    wednesday - 1 hour interval workout on trainer (like a spin class)
    thursday - rest day
    friday - 4:30 am 5-6 mile run
    saturday - 1 to 1-1/2 hours on trainer

mileage and time will increase when the weather warms up enough to ride outside. I'll be training for some ultradistance mountain bike races this summer (100 miler on july 11 in wisconsin).

And if you want proof of just how nuts i am...you can ask my boating buds. I'm fairly legendary for getting up and going running at 5 am after drinking 'til 2. Did an ultramarathon (31 mile trail run) two years ago, and an xterra (offroad) triathlon last summer. I try to do something stupid and challenging every year. I bust my a$$ all week so i can drink beer on the weekend!

p u s s y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Collapse Details

Anybody have good suggestions for handling the food cravings when you do a lot of cardio? When I'm in the gym, I find that I will generally gain weight because my hunger goes through the roof especially when I'm running and doing a lot of cardio.

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    , I find that I will generally gain weight because my hunger goes through the roof especially when I'm running and doing a lot of cardio.
    Dah, Dah!! Dude, Don't do cardio, Dude!!!!!!!

16. Collapse Details

Anybody have good suggestions for handling the food cravings when you do a lot of cardio? When I'm in the gym, I find that I will generally gain weight because my hunger goes through the roof especially when I'm running and doing a lot of cardio.
    According to Michael Phelps, the trick is to do your cardio first, then do bongs, then eat a stack of pancakes. Put the bongs first and you screw the whole thing up.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    According to Michael Phelps, the trick is to do your cardio first, then do bongs, then eat a stack of pancakes. Put the bongs first and you screw the whole thing up.
    the man is looking for help and this is what he gets, if i had not masturbated ten minutes ago I would be extremely upset with all of you, but instead i think I will just take a nap
    Parabellum FJ²B

18. Collapse Details

Wait, wait, wait... I'm supposed to hit the bingers AFTER my workout!?

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

19. Collapse Details

You are hungry because your body needs the fuel. I know a good long ride is coming to a rapid end as soon as I start visualizing what I'm going to eat. Ya gotta feed the machine...it's a matter of what you put in it...therein lies your solution. Liquid will fill you up...drink more than normal when you are eating...and I don't mean beer, for once. I'm a human garbage disposal...I eat like crap...but I just burn it all off with more and harder workouts.

Wrink- My big race goal for this year is the Iceman Cometh...40 mile point-to-point mountain bike race up in Traverse City...first week in NOVEMBER. Hopefully I'll get a spot...limited to 2000 entries, first come, first serve...and it sells out every year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cheq2003.jpg  

20. Collapse Details

Redhot I always wanted to do a xtera looks like fun. I have done one marathon, and two triathlons. That was 10 years ago though. I have been thinking of doing another tri this year. They just had the first annual one in Vermilion a small town where we keep are boat.