Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    It's been a while but have a new story!!
    Driving to work today just minding my own business I stop at a traffic light a few blocks from my shop. It is by far, not the best neihborhood hood. I look to my right and there are 3 teenagers doing messing with something on the floor. I roll up a bit to see what they were doing, I thought maybe playing dice. Instead they were there with a small cat that was lying on the floor obviously very messed up. I see them trying to give it water. I jump out of my car, only to have to jump back in when it started rolling away because I didn't put the brake on. I jump out a 2nd time and run over to them. They told me the cat was hit by a car. They said they called the humane society about an hour ago.

I decided to take her to the vet as I'm sure the humane society would have destroyed her.
    I went to pick her up very gently and she tried to get away. the front part of her body rolled over and her front legs tried to run but the rear of her body just laid there and her rear legs didn't move.
    This broke my heart. I picked her up and she must have been in excruciating pain. She let out a screech and bit me. Then she bit me 3 more times. It hurt like i can't even explain. I was bleeding everywhere! I didn't want to drop her because of her condition so i ran to the car with het teeth embedded in my hand.

I flew to the vet, the whole time thinking of the video i posted months back with the trooper writing the tickets to the couple with the dying dog. I tried my best to obey the laws!
    On the way i called my wife for directions and she called the vet so they were ready. they were standing in the parking lot waiting for us. They were incredible!

With this they saw this tremendous amount of blood. They asked where it was coming from on the cat, i let them know it was from my hand.
    They immediately insisted I went to the Emergency room. When I was taking my time leaving the vet screamed at me to go, they would take care of my new adopted friend.
    While waiting for my turn, my breathing started getting very difficult. My hand swelled up to twice the size. The pain was incredible. I am deathly allergic to cats and alway have been. Anyone allergic to cats as bad as i am know it actually the saliva in the cats we are allergic too. Now I have tons if it in my system. My breathing got worse and worse and I was starting to black out. I got the nurse, as soon as she saw me, they ran me in the back and got a doctor. They started an IV so they could start injected about 12 different medicines. They said if I didn't get there when I did, I could have really been in trouble. After 6 hours of IV's, medicines, tests, and x-rays, they let me go home.
    Swelling is down on my hand, (thank God) and feeling better. My little buddy is stable. her pelvis is broken in 4 places, possibly a bladder problem. They will probably operate tomorrow.

This little ordeal is probably going to cost me a few thousand dollars at the vet but hopefully she will be fine.

Under the circumstances, I can't keep her. Is there anyone out there that will consider adopting her? She is very young, probably about a year. She will have all her shots and be in good shape when she leaves here.
    i will post pictures and more details. If you know anyone that may consider taking her, please let me know. I would really appreciate it!!

Oh yeah, I think I'm going to call her Lucky!:drink:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hands cat bite.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Wow! What a story! Very impressive of you for sure to spend the time and money to save a stray cat, not to mention apparently risk death in your case with the allergies.

3. Collapse Details

gino, your fu cking great you know that... what a soul... i hope all is well, and you feel better... love your stories......

stecz
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

4. Collapse Details

you need to carry an EPI pen, allergic reactions are progressive meaning the next is usually worse than the last. the next time your breathing is liable to be compromised rather quickly and the epi pen will save your life. It's amazing the things you get yourself into, consdering they usually begin by you trying to do a selfless act for the benefit of something/somebody else. definit POTW material.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

5. Collapse Details

I never heard of that pen. I will ask my doctor on Monday when I see him.
    I don't know what POTW Material is so I looked it up.

Abbr. Meaning
    ****** POTW Publicly Owned Treatment Works
    ***** POTW Player of the Week
    ***** POTW Picture of the Week
    **** POTW Poem of the Week (website)
    *** POTW Patient of the Week (House, TV show)
    *** POTW Parting of the Ways (Doctor Who)
    * POTW Patents on the Web
    * POTW Point Out the Women (Dota clan)
    * POTW Publicly Operated Treatment Work

Did you mean Point of the women or Poem of the week??!!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Lubejobs42 View Post

Abbr. Meaning

Post of the week -

Never a dull moment, but your kindness is amazing

7. Collapse Details

there's something ironic about a guy with a real fast twin hulled boat being allergic to "cats" - God bless ya Gino - Jeff
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Lubejobs42 View Post

Abbr. Meaning

This from the man who won it with the boat ramp piks......

The epi pen is an epinepherine (adrenalin) auto injector, it will neutralize the anaphylactic (allergic) reaction, long enough for you to get to the ER.... what happens in a severe reaction is that your throat swells shot and air cant pass, then you suffocate.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    This from the man who won it with the boat ramp piks......

Now I'm sorry i didn't post the whole story of how the truck ended up in the water.

10. Collapse Details

thats ok..we fabricated a story for you the other day

I lost a drive yesterday and as I was trying to put the boat back on the trailer it lurched sideways and smoked the boat next to me. That boat then hit the dock so hard it ripped it loose. the dock then floated out into the channel and got hit by a frieghter, jamming it's rudder. this made the frieghter veer off course. It almost hit another frieghter that was unloading, just missed and smashed the pier next to it before coming to a stop. I let out a deep breath of relief that the carnage was over, when I looked thru my binoculars and realized that on the smashed pier was the new lambo I had ordered, it had just been offloaded and was now smashed to pieces.

11. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    NIce Gino, will help you get the word out down there. We have 5 stray cats my wife's adopted now. Don't know that I would have been quite as tough as you but I've got a few scars.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

12. Collapse Details

Gino, you are the man. Take care of yourself!!
    Did anyone see a midget in a black wig and a black jump suit fleeing the scene?
    Wicked

13. Collapse Details

Heal up Gino & Thanx 4 help'n your new furry friend!!!

14. Collapse Details

Very kind thing to do Gino especially knowing you were endangering yourself. I guess you lose your Cat Killer title now.
    Mark Shackelford
    2009 President
    Richmond Powerboat Association

15. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor mikey's Avatar
    Gino very nice job my friend.....post pics of the cat when you get the chance!!!!

Mikey
    Miss Geico Racing # 113

16. Collapse Details

Went to the vet this morning and she looks so much better then the way she looked yesterday. The animal hospital is a pretty big place with a lot of vets there. Between my 3 boys and the occasional stays I bring there, we are pretty well taken care of, I'm sure we are one of their better customers. They did say it may get a bit pricy but they are going to give me a 50% discount which was very nice and unexpected! The nurse taking care of her said she might keep her as she is so sweet and may need some special attention for a while. She is about 3 months old and weighs 3 pounds. I named her Lucky but the nurse said the staff named her Gina. I asked where they got Gina from and she because you can't call a lilttle girl kitten Gino. I thought that was very sweet. Gina dose sound better then Lucky when you think about it!!

17. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ILMORdude's Avatar
    Wow man. Good story that is. Most people would have said f the cat. Good man! I watched a cool little blk male cat get purposely run over by someone leaving the bar. Pissed me off so bad. He was jacked up, just like Gina. Took him to the local humane society and they hooked him up! He had a broken pelvis too, BUT i checked in on him few times and he recovered fully and got adopted!! Love animals
    ILMOR High Performance Marine
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Activeshack View Post
    Very kind thing to do Gino especially knowing you were endangering yourself. I guess you lose your Cat Killer title now.
    That would B "CAT KILLER, KILLER"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Collapse Details

nice job! =)

20. Collapse Details

Just got a call from the vet. Not very good news! I need some help.
    The cat is in worse shape then we hoped. They finally got her stabilized enough to completely check her. She needs a hip surgery which is $1500 and reconstruction of her pelvis for the bargain price of $3500 let alone the current bill for about $1500 plus the meter is running and we will probably see a final bill of about $8000. I took on this commitment and will follow through with it. However if anyone has a friend or a family member that is a vet can we see if we can get any kind of deal on the reconstructive surgery I would be indebted. I know I get friends in distress calls all the time. I could really use help with this one!!
    In turn You and your vet friend can have the 2 back seats in the Mercedes boat for the Islamarada or St. Pete Poker run.