Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by RLJ676 View Post
    Yeah, I don't get the impression the boat would work as well if increased in scale for big water. I think it's mostly designed for lake's like Havasu, etc, as most of those boats with a training wheel are. However, he is a big proponent that you don't need heavy for big waves, just a good design and strong hull.

I'd really like to see some pics of the military version as it is meant for bigger water, and I've read him saying it has gotten some great feedback?

I don't think you can argue with the efficiency guys are getting with a center pod design. I think the two fastest boats out there for the power (in a smaller single) are the Trident and the RPM 26, both of which were designed from a clean sheet and have a pod. But as 26/28's they aren't meant for the type of use a real deep tunnel would be.
    A lot of us design our own Boats. (Hate Splashers ) The last thing I would do is add friction as we work hard at eliminating it, excuse me but I have problems justifying a third element hanging down in contact with the water..
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

2. Collapse Details

I was wondering what happened to this thread!! Glad it is back.

3. Collapse Details

Has anyone here heard of Trident boats out West? He uses resin infusion, and corecell I believe, which I think has been discussed here.

He seems to have done a lot of homework on his hull design and construction. Any comments on it? He used to post a lot on Hotboat and seemed pretty knowledgable and a good guy.

http://www.tridentboats.com/sub/subpagelayout.html
    Hot boat is Hot boat and if you think about it not much has really come from the west coast as far as true offshore boats and besides most of the boats i see in Hot Boat mag are flat bottoms ,drag boats or anything that is powered with a jet drive or other .

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    A lot of us design our own Boats. (Hate Splashers ) The last thing I would do is add friction as we work hard at eliminating it, excuse me but I have problems justifying a third element hanging down in contact with the water..
    I agree 100% with Steve about ( Splashers ) they always seem to let someone else do all the work and try to reep the reward . I have to say that when i was at Skater even after the mold was built there would still be a lot of tweeking involved and to let a splasher get all that for free .

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Hot boat is Hot boat and if you think about it not much has really come from the west coast as far as true offshore boats and besides most of the boats i see in Hot Boat mag are flat bottoms ,drag boats or anything that is powered with a jet drive or other .
    They mostly make "lake boats" out there for sure, but there's more than little hot rods. Trident, DCB, Eliminator all make some bigger boats, but I'd still consider them more lake oriented.

What I don't fully get though, is if there is more drag with these center pod type designs, why would they be so fast. The speeds the RPM 26 and Trident hit with a single is pretty incredible.

Further, properly designed, a "tri-hull" would cut drag, as you get less boat in the water, and more on top of it wouldn't it?. The same way a cat is better than a V? There's more to it than just packing air I think.

6. Collapse Details

They mostly make "lake boats" out there for sure, but there's more than little hot rods. Trident, DCB, Eliminator all make some bigger boats, but I'd still consider them more lake oriented.

What I don't fully get though, is if there is more drag with these center pod type designs, why would they be so fast. The speeds the RPM 26 and Trident hit with a single is pretty incredible.

Further, properly designed, a "tri-hull" would cut drag, as you get less boat in the water, and more on top of it wouldn't it?. The same way a cat is better than a V? There's more to it than just packing air I think.

Their speeds are not incredible! they are a bit off the mark if anything; Remember nothing beats a well-designed Cat period. Hell if adding drag is the key, just stick a few more hulls on the thing.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.