Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

it's for sale in the classifieds

2. Collapse Details
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    This boat? What happened to it?
    We repaired it adding almost one new side ,over half the deck , new blukheads , knees , new floor in cockpit , along with adding a 4 man canopy and the list goes on . i do not know who owns the boat now but it was shipped to Bob Morgans , Big Thunder Marine who had a buyer for the boat . I have ran threads on previous sites trying to find out where the location of the boat is now just out of curiosity .

3. Collapse Details

It belongs to a friend of mine here in Maryland. That pic I posted was from Key West this year, it raced in P class. He also has the Extreme Cigarette that races with OPA. As far as I know he has never had a hull issue with it, you do good work

4. Collapse Details

It belongs to a friend of mine here in Maryland. That pic I posted was from Key West this year, it raced in P class. He also has the Extreme Cigarette that races with OPA. As far as I know he has never had a hull issue with it, you do good work
    thank you for the complment . I have to say that i really enjoyed working on that boat and seeing it go thru all the stages of repair from a total wreck to running on the water again . I was just curious could you post some pics of the old girl and are you sure we are talking about the same boat that Jack Carmondy got killed in that was called CARLOS N CHARLIES X-TREME because the boat i worked on we put a four man canopy on ?

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    We repaired it adding almost one new side ,over half the deck , new blukheads , knees , new floor in cockpit , along with adding a 4 man canopy and the list goes on . i do not know who owns the boat now but it was shipped to Bob Morgans , Big Thunder Marine who had a buyer for the boat . I have ran threads on previous sites trying to find out where the location of the boat is now just out of curiosity .
    Are you sure it is the same boat? What year did you repair it?

6. Collapse Details

Oh, okay, I don't think that is the same boat. It has 2 2 man canopies and 4 seats. I think it was owned by Jack when he died, but not the race boat he died in. In fact this boat has AC and I was told Jack built it for Poker Runs. Sorry for the confusion.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    thank you for the complment . I have to say that i really enjoyed working on that boat and seeing it go thru all the stages of repair from a total wreck to running on the water again . I was just curious could you post some pics of the old girl and are you sure we are talking about the same boat that Jack Carmondy got killed in that was called CARLOS N CHARLIES X-TREME because the boat i worked on we put a four man canopy on ?
    They boats Ted shared is a 46. The one Jack was killed in is a different boat. It think it was a 42 or 3? It was the same later raced as the Yahoo boat I thought.

8. Collapse Details

Oh, okay, I don't think that is the same boat. It has 2 2 man canopies and 4 seats. I think it was owned by Jack when he died, but not the race boat he died in. In fact this boat has AC and I was told Jack built it for Poker Runs. Sorry for the confusion.
    Ted no problem .

9. Collapse Details

Jim the boat was a 42 and we started working on the boat around 02/03 ....................Art

10. Collapse Details

registered
    FYI, I just edited the title of this thread to "construction".....It was bothering me!

11. Collapse Details

It's NOT that boat. This boat was built for a racer that had died ad was never rigged untill 3-4 years later. Art Lilly knows the boat history very well. Hull has @ 50-75 hours on it. Was owned by Steve Stanly for a short time and maybe 2 other owners before him. Jack Carmondy never owned this one. And it has been raced in Key West 2 times, Once this past year and once by a past owner. A few local races here in Maryland, Ocean City and Cambridge.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by scottc View Post
    It's NOT that boat. This boat was built for a racer that had died ad was never rigged untill 3-4 years later. Art Lilly knows the boat history very well. Hull has @ 50-75 hours on it. Was owned by Steve Stanly for a short time and maybe 2 other owners before him. Jack Carmondy never owned this one. And it has been raced in Key West 2 times, Once this past year and once by a past owner. A few local races here in Maryland, Ocean City and Cambridge.
    Scott that is mostly correct. I understood the 46 was the one Jack showed off in Corpus that fateful year. I was there. The boat was there with motors on display having not been installed yet. He may not of ever ran it but it was his.
    David W owned it and raced it in Key West in '01. Steve S had it next and raced it some locally. Todd H has had it since.

13. Collapse Details

WOW, I am always impressed by the knowledge of all our wonderful members here at Serious Offshore.

14. Collapse Details

Here is a pic of it in Key West '01. That was the year Bobby and William Moore joined the team of David and Art.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image013 rig rs3.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	15910

15. Collapse Details

Got me going now. That was a special year.

The first pic is from Sarasota '01. Davids' team ran 3 boats full season. Supercat, SuperV, Factory 2. I was lucky to be included.

Second pic shows the 46 and SuperV moments before the race in Key West the same year.

Name:	racing6 Davids team '01.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	129.3 KB 
ID:	15913

Name:	image009.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	15914

16. Collapse Details

registered
    WOW, I am always impressed by the knowledge of all our wonderful members here at Serious Offshore.
    Amazing, Isn't it???

Thanks for clearing that up Jim!!! That's a cool picture!

17. Collapse Details

The 42'?43' Carlos and Charlies boat was at CK motorsports for awhile.. Has a center pod canopy now.

18. Collapse Details

Here is a nice one of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ToddKW08.JPG   oc race 010.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cowisl View Post
    The 42'?43' Carlos and Charlies boat was at CK motorsports for awhile.. Has a center pod canopy now.
    When i crewed with C-K Motorsports while working at Baker Eng , i was there glass man and did all of the repair and salvage of Carlos N Charlies and Jelly Belly Gone Again and yes we added a 4 man canopy to each boat !!!!! I would like to say once again that the old Carlos N Charlies was a 42 Skater and do you know where the old girl is now ?

20. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by scottc View Post
    Here is a nice one of it.
    Great pic's , thanx