Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

454's with 250 blowers are basically 525SC's.... 525 horsepower, unless there is some other mods that up the HP that much. JMO....

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowpoint View Post
    If the engines were built for the blowers and is not running more than 5-6lbs boost, I can almost garentee the carbs are not 1050's. They will be 750 to 850's probably. Although they will need to be rejetted, they can probably be reused for a N/A application.
    Just reread and saw they were set up with dual carbs. Like you said probably 750's or so. They could probably be tuned for running without the SC's.

Quote Originally Posted by eichhoma View Post
    454's with 250 blowers are basically 525SC's.... 525 horsepower, unless there is some other mods that up the HP that much. JMO....
    250's instead of the 525SC/177s will give a gain of 20 hp or so. Also a compression increase, roller cam, mild head work will be good for another 50-60hp. Done right, you can get about 600-625hp out of 250's on top of 454's.

3. Collapse Details

Thanks everyone for the help.

I'm thinking at this point if it were too cost too much more for intakes and tuning to run without the SC's, I'd just keep on and pay more insurance.

4. Collapse Details

Trust me. You will LOVE the blower whine and the sound of blower motors. Just take care of them and run good fuel.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Birdog View Post
    I owned a "blown" Bullet...Leave them on. You will love it !1
    More like you'll need them! Bullets are heavy boats for their size (I'm pretty much first mate for Hollowpoint's Bullet) and will need all the power you can get to cross the 70 MPH mark.

More than likely you'll be in the 525 to 550 HP range with the 250s on the 454s.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TomZ View Post
    More like you'll need them! Bullets are heavy boats for their size (I'm pretty much first mate for Hollowpoint's Bullet) and will need all the power you can get to cross the 70 MPH mark.

More than likely you'll be in the 525 to 550 HP range with the 250s on the 454s.
    I think I've found insurance that'll work with the blowers......so I wouldn't consider taking them off in this case.

I think these are built fairly strong, as the boat runs 75+.

I will post build sheets here for opinions as soon as I get them.