Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    There should be a surcharge on everyone's phone bills just to cover your shenanigans.
    Now your thinking. I've been an advocate of that for years!

How about pot stirrers prune posts themselves and then have Admin delete so they don't clutter up the thread.

Start a new Apache/Apache Powerboats/Apache Performance Boats/Apache McManus Boats/Chief Powerboats and whatever other name thread to fight over?

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    how many draught horses are needed to safely tow a 36 or a 41? Assume surge brakes.
    Good question, we're gonna need an expert for this..........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails anheuser%20busch%20clydesdales.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

Let's get to some important stuff. Which is the best Apache video?

1) Pt. Pleasant 1985 - Warpath
    2) Key West 1985 - Banner Boat
    3) Key West - Allez Vite

That's my top 3. Pt. Pleasant is definitely number 1. Only those of us that were in that race can truly remember how big those swells were. I think the rest of the fleet was doing about 40-50mph on the eastbound leg. Warpath was doing about 90.

4. Collapse Details

Gotta' agree.

One of my others is the 45' Kid running in big water. The boat mashed one wave so flat that it splashed the cameraman in the helo. It's on one of the old NNRT vids.

5. Collapse Details

I like the Miami-to-Bimini video as well..

Gotta throw in Atlantic City too!!

6. Collapse Details

Just so I know who's pissin and moanin here, can you guys tell me what boats you raced. I've been out of it for a while, and just trying to get a feel for who's who.

7. Collapse Details

Sorry, no racin here just a boat nut. My father grew up with a lot of the legends who came from the Sheepshead Bay area of Brooklyn so the history is part of me growing up...

I've been asked to race and turned it down for various reasons.... I've been around this stuff most of my life and worked hard to have the opportunity to afford my 36', that's about it!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Comanche3Six View Post
    Hey Chris
    I never said one negative thing about Bobby Saccenti. Nor do I think anything negative about him. So knock off your crybaby bullchit. How is that for your taste?
    Ed
    maybe it is me ,or does ed come across as an azz hole?
    Parabellum FJ²B

9. Collapse Details

Here is the 41 Apache Powerboat that Uncle Jobin is restoring. I remember that Apache running the Atlantic Ocean for years off the Jersey coastline.
    Steve is a friend of ours, we boated with him for years. He was a nut and there's some hilarious stories about him! Actually, the guy standing in the middle next to Steve witht the red shirt is my buddy Billy, he's on the board here...

My friend Mark Peterson painted that boat with his brother out in a barn in Freehold....

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Sorry, no racin here just a boat nut. My father grew up with a lot of the legends who came from the Sheepshead Bay area of Brooklyn so the history is part of me growing up...

I've been asked to race and turned it down for various reasons.... I've been around this stuff most of my life and worked hard to have the opportunity to afford my 36', that's about it!
    No need to be sorry. I had the good fortune of racing a long time ago.

I'm guessing if you live in Middletown you run in the Shrewsbury, Navesink, and Sandy Hook Bay. Way back when, I really used to tear up those waterways.

11. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    I agree with Chris on this one. Enough bs man. I know Bobby and he did great things with Apache and is a nice guy. Why so negative?

12. Collapse Details

Ed, are you Jersey guy too?

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by smokeybandit View Post
    No need to be sorry. I had the good fortune of racing a long time ago.

I'm guessing if you live in Middletown you run in the Shrewsbury, Navesink, and Sandy Hook Bay. Way back when, I really used to tear up those waterways.
    Yup, I keep the boat up in the Shrewsbury at one of the marina's on Ocean Avenue. We do most of our boating on the ocean, you know the Apache gets boring in the flat water.

The closest I got to racing was in 2000... I had just joined this company and the CEO asked me if I wanted to throttle a F-2 38' Nortech... That was 9 years ago and I was a bit younger and was psyched about it!!! Around the same time, I was talking to my buddy John who owned the Team Tellium Skater... He asked if I knew anyone who would be interested in co-sponsoring his boat for the season... So I went to the CEO and asked him if he'd be interested.. We set up a meeting and he decided to do the sponsorship... Immediately following the meeting he called me into his office and said; "Frank, sorry but we're not going racing. $10K for the sponsorship is a lot cheaper than going racing." I bowed my head down and walked outta the room.... Oh well, chit happens but the boat did win the World Title that year with our name on the side!!!

Fast forward to last year and my buddy Billy asked me to throttle his Velocity.. I turned it down cause I am now married and have a kid at home and it would also void my life ins. policy....

Anyway, that's my story. lol

14. Collapse Details

I really don't know how it ran with the #3's vs. the #6's. The owners friend posted a lot of pictures of it at the other site.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post-900-1214508071.jpg   post-900-1214508104.jpg   z_PICT0001.JPG  

15. Collapse Details

one more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 365001.jpg   post-900-1214508609.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

I heard the one about the diver. Holy hell!
    There are alot better stories than that with the Apache Warrior. Steve is definately a character & I had a lot of great times on that boat & I hope Uncle Jobin does as well!

17. Collapse Details

great childish post for your new website, and bravely spoken too
    my post still stands, apparently your parents slapped you around during potti-training.(not hard enough)
    Parabellum FJ²B

18. Collapse Details

still brave...that's good
    cough cough pretender
    Parabellum FJ²B

19. Collapse Details

Frank
    Post some more pics of Twistanna with those 6 drives. Also any info on how it runs with them as opposed to the 3A's. Tell about the engines, drive gear ratio's, speeds, all that good chit!
    Ed
    http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forum...6&postcount=26

Twistanna belongs to a good friend of mine
    It's rigged with brand new 6 drives this year but after a short while
    one of the engine over heated and broke down so my friend Christer went mad and decided to take care of the boat during the winter.
    So I think next summer will show more of the potenial this boat has.
    He owns a engine shop here and are Merc dealer.
    His website www.motorteknik.nu
    I'll ask him what ratio the 6's are

Mange

20. Collapse Details

Come on Bob, you can get angrier than that
    you're a bad man.....

not everyone knows you and frank are buds.....

im not really sure why anyone likes frank, oh yeah his sister dee.. my bad....
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....