Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Looking for a bird..
    Looking for a 1970-1979 Firebird,Formula,Esprit or Trans Am. No 6.6 403s or 6s. Would prefere a 400 or 455 but I know they are way more expensive. Looking for a driver condition car, not perfect but no junk. Under 10k

Johnny
    1978 21 Challenger
    1985 Avanti Raceboat
    1998 Kryptonite 27 Raceboat #517 Saris Racing Engines

2. Collapse Details

Oh man, Chris' first car would have been perfect for you! 1977 Firebird Formula...canary yellow with honeycomb rims. He lost a rod and sold it for $500. It was easily worth $5000 running. $6,000 with the fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror!
    www.blackduckcafe.net

3. Collapse Details

I've got one for ya..........

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1228-11.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	14980

Just kidding!!!!
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Gladhe8er View Post
    Oh man, Chris' first car would have been perfect for you! 1977 Firebird Formula...canary yellow with honeycomb rims. He lost a rod and sold it for $500. It was easily worth $5000 running. $6,000 with the fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror!
    Duuuuuuudddde!! That woul;d have been perfect too lol One with a blwon up motor would work too. I have a 400 out of a 69 goat.
    1978 21 Challenger
    1985 Avanti Raceboat

5. Collapse Details

Run until it sounds expensive

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fast fun 2 View Post
    Looking for a 1970-1979 Firebird,Formula,Esprit or Trans Am. No 6.6 403s or 6s. Would prefere a 400 or 455 but I know they are way more expensive. Looking for a driver condition car, not perfect but no junk. Under 10k

Johnny
    Nice taste. I think these are the next "thing", and prices will be going up soon. This was the only cool muscle car in the 70's really.

I want one for a driver too, but I need to buy a boat first. I hope they don't go up too much in the next few years.

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor glassdave's Avatar
    good luck with the search i have a perfect perfect 71 i bought a few years ago as a roller/complete body shell. Think i paid 3.5K for it.
    Throttles- Cleveland Construction/Traffic Light Racing 377 Talon cat

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glassdave View Post
    good luck with the search i have a perfect perfect 71 i bought a few years ago as a roller/complete body shell. Think i paid 3.5K for it.
    Gotta assume that will be outta my price range?
    1978 21 Challenger
    1985 Avanti Raceboat

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fast fun 2 View Post
    Gotta assume that will be outta my price range?
    oops no sorry, actually its not for sale. I retro'd a 71 Camaro several years ago and thought I'd like a Bird. Would love to also get my hands on a late 70's TA Bandit or something. Tons of stuff on ebay right now, ran across some nice GranPrix XJ's to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 71camaro.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

Why no 6.6 403's? Just curious, I had a '79 TA with one and it was a great car.

11. Collapse Details

I am glade to hear a teenager looking for an Muscle car, insted of a honda or someyhing like that, I have done a few frame offs and fixing up an old car will give a real sence of pride when you drive, Just like the boat you did. Here one of the cars I did a frame off on, its a 68 Camaro. This was done with my son. So I have kept it. He did the paint job.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P5020073.jpg   P5170009.JPG   PC220007.JPG  

12. Collapse Details
    Fast Fun
    I know someone down the street from me who has a 68 or 69 Firebird Conv. sitting in there garage have seen them drive in a few years, I don't know if they would be interested in selling but it never hurts to ask. It belongs Gee Gee, Ask your father he probably knows them. Tell him its Gee Gee and Mikes.
    Or PM me and I'll give you there last name

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lscsr311 View Post
    Why no 6.6 403's? Just curious, I had a '79 TA with one and it was a great car.
    Nothing wrong with them but its an Olds motor. Harder to find parts and its a Pontiac, It needs a Pontiac in it
    1978 21 Challenger
    1985 Avanti Raceboat

14. Collapse Details

Clutser, ya man ask about it. Not really what Im looking for but for the right $ who knows.
    1978 21 Challenger
    1985 Avanti Raceboat

15. Collapse Details

16. Collapse Details

that has got to be the funniest episode EVER

17. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Check this one, even though it's an '80, seems like a good deal if you have some time and smarts.

If I lived closer, I'd be on my way to look at it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...1%7C240%3A1318
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

18. Collapse Details

Fast

Go buy a 68-70 Cadillac Deville (sedans are real cheap, coupes next, then convertibles pull the most money). They came with 472's that with monster HP/ Torque (only the big block Vette had more those years). They burn rubber down the block and you can cram 6-8 people in it at once. You will have more fun with a Caddy than trying to restore/mod a Firebird. You won't get all the Smokey and the Bandit jokes either.
    Caddys can also be found in better shape than most unrestored hot rods.

My neighbor inherited one from his grandpa and the car was tons of fun. The only catch was in FL the rust caught up with the body in less than 5 years. He intended to put the motor in a 90's pickup but let the car die in a boneyard......

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    Fast

Go buy a 68-70 Cadillac Deville (sedans are real cheap, coupes next, then convertibles pull the most money). They came with 472's that with monster HP/ Torque (only the big block Vette had more those years). They burn rubber down the block and you can cram 6-8 people in it at once. You will have more fun with a Caddy than trying to restore/mod a Firebird. You won't get all the Smokey and the Bandit jokes either.
    Caddys can also be found in better shape than most unrestored hot rods.

My neighbor inherited one from his grandpa and the car was tons of fun. The only catch was in FL the rust caught up with the body in less than 5 years. He intended to put the motor in a 90's pickup but let the car die in a boneyard......
    Sherman, set the way back machine...A friend used to drive us to school in one of those. Had more room than the bus

20. Collapse Details

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...1%7C240%3A1308

Paint it black (think Maaco, $199), put in a thumping radio, tint the windows and enjoy the HP....... That thing would make Tony Soprano proud!