Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

artie is this how you go out and find work..... i should try this approach..... i like it...
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stecz20 View Post
    artie is this how you go out and find work..... i should try this approach..... i like it...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spitcoffee.gif  
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details
    Talking
    I apologize guys and i deserve a beating for the DAWGGGGGGGG that i am and just to be safe i pulled the K Y jelly out and lubed my bun hole . a

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    GOD pi$$ed in my Cheerios this morn'n and yes when it comes to JUNK you do not have to be the loudest pile of $hit in the barn yard because it becomes a fact and when you work on boats day after day clueless is out of the question , JUNK is JUNK and once again Mr, Don J, JUNK , JUNK and MORE junk . ha ha ha ha ha ha junk! and like i said before , i would not have one shoved up my a$$ !
    Come on, With the knowalge and experince you have you could have just offered to let anyone know what to look for and how. But instead you come off like that and wonder why you get flamed. I have enjoyed some of your post's on the tech foum and HAD!! alot of respect for what you do and have done, after this I have to say I am disapointed and now understand you don't have a clue what this fourm is all about, all that respect has been lost to one stupid post.

5. Collapse Details
    Wink
    Stecz your starting to know me all to well and i figured you might be one of the only people who would appreciate this approach considering you deal with garbage .

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Come on Artie, There were some great Scarabs out there that were put together well, ask Betty Cook. There also are some out there that have been rebuilt, (by guys like you), that are outstanding rides. Just because , when the economy tanked in 83-85, some were built without the best quality don't piss on all of them.

I have an 83 Chris that I've been working on for years, it still needs more work and has a couple issues where they skipped the best construction techniques, there are also some Chris's out there that are damn near perfect.

And you deserve the beating you get on this one.

Help the guys with your knowledge about what to look for and may need fixing if they are interested in a particular boat. Don't slam them all.

Well said!~

7. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Dave...you don't need encouragement

8. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Stecz your starting to know me all to well and i figured you might be one of the only people who would appreciate this approach considering you deal with garbage .
    Well he is from Joyzee.......I can say that......I do know his neighborhood fairly well.
    JK stecz

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Scarab KV View Post
    Well he is from Joyzee.......I can say that......I do know his neighborhood fairly well.
    JK stecz

10. Collapse Details

I apologize guys and i deserve a beating for the DAWGGGGGGGG that i am and just to be safe i pulled the K Y jelly out and lubed my bun hole . a
    actually OG, I understand exactly what you mean. I'm on my second 38' Scarab with the thought that they are a lot of bang for the buck. It kind of goes without saying that Wellcraft boats are production boats - inconsistent with their quality control. Therfore I assume that everything needs looking at. If anything needs redoing, I'm still likely to be money ahead. If certain areas check out ok, then I'm golden. I have no illusions, Wellcraft is NOT Larry Smith. I'm just happy with where Scarabs fit in the value matrix. - Jeff
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

11. Collapse Details

I like my boat, my CHICA like the boat...so who cares what ANYONE thinks?

Why you gotta hate guys with a LONG DECK!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scarab+chics 016.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

I have a hell of alot more respect for a hard-core boater that knows his stuff in a 30 year old bargain beater than I do for a guy that buys his way in and knows little.

13. Collapse Details

Hey guys , like i said in a previous post i apologize and when i wrote it i knew i would get bashed But........................... the truth of the matter is i have been doing fiberglass repair for over thirty odd years now and in the last decade i have done more major repairs on Scarab's then any other brand from all stringer's from the motor compartment to the cockpit , transom , firewall ext ext and everytime that a person brings one to me it is like opening a can of worm's and after reading old 377 guy's post , i thnk he has been there and done that . I have to tell you that one of my all time favorite Scarab's was Betty Cooks KAMMA and still think so.

14. Collapse Details

Hey guys , like i said in a previous post i apologize and when i wrote it i knew i would get bashed But........................... the truth of the matter is i have been doing fiberglass repair for over thirty odd years now and in the last decade i have done more major repairs on Scarab's then any other brand from all stringer's from the motor compartment to the cockpit , transom , firewall ext ext and everytime that a person brings one to me it is like opening a can of worm's and after reading old 377 guy's post , i thnk he has been there and done that . I have to tell you that one of my all time favorite Scarab's was Betty Cooks KAMMA and still think so.

Now that's a lot easier way to take it. Was a little harsh being told your ride is......well no need to hash it up again.
    Yes some do have issue. Found one on mine last fall that will need to be dealt with and will probably post for tech on it when the time comes.

15. Collapse Details

artie i dont get you... sometimes you're the nicest guy, a lot of heh time you go out of your way and with your years of expericance you truly do like to help out the other members.. everyone enjoys your imput.. when you act like a dick, not so much... if you would change your approach and not act like a dick once and a while you would be recieved much better on these boards.

artie what kind of car do you drive???

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JETJOCK View Post
    I like my boat, my CHICA like the boat...so who cares what ANYONE thinks?

Why you gotta hate guys with a LONG DECK!
    that is some ass.....

17. Collapse Details

Dave , the $hit just isnt doing it for me anymore ( KOOL AID ) besides you have left a hard path to follow and such a rocky road . Dave it is very easy to be the Grasshopper . when your the KING. Dave i drive a 1998 chevy cav for work that gets me from point A to point B and is loaded with tools and material and at the moment when you get in the car it smells like toxic waste , Epoxy plus hardner, Primer , Glass , Cabosil ,Sand paper, Acetone ,Imron , tools , and anything else that i might need for a 32 Skater that im working on .:

18. Collapse Details

chevys suck, only pickle sniffers drive chevys.... fords are skaters and chevys are the bayliners.. i would think a man of your skill would know that......

carry on artie, and remember stecz is watching you.... my kool aid never runs dry, nor does my following of faithful pigs.......

i like you artie, thats why im going to kill you last.....

19. Collapse Details

by the way, scarabs are cool....

20. Collapse Details
    Talking
    Dave the only thing you will kill me with is your kindness and keep the fuel for the fire comeing , Dawgggggggggggggggggggggggggg