Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by nomomoney View Post
    Whats all that white stuff??
    With that plow hanging off the front, it's called mo money.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Slick02 View Post
    Ya can never have to much truck, cause ya never know when your gonna get the itch for a bigger boat.
    And the Megacab swb is still shorter than the crewcab lwb,,,the only thing I had against the Megacab swb I looked at was that it had the most BUTT UGLY rear fenders in existence, they looked like someone designed and built a truck and then said,,,oh we forgot to put rear fenders on it,,what can we do,,,CHEAPLY. lol
    I agree you can never have too much truck. That's why I bought the original 2500 I had. It got destroyed. I also agree with the short box flares on a dually. They look like they are off of a jeep, but I still like the trucks.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Expensive Date View Post
    I drove an 07 Dodge dually and I thought it rode ok I would have bought it but we could not get together on price.I ended up buying a GMC 3500 dually
    its no big deal driving around but I am in an 4300 International with a 26 ft box all day so a dually is a toy.It is overkill for the boat I have now but I want to go bigger and only want to do this once.You have to go drive on they are nice but I liked the GMC a little better and the deal was to good to pass
    Thanks for the input and by the way congrats on the new truck.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Activeshack View Post
    I've got a 07 Mega-cab 3500. The wheel base is the same on the Mega and the crew cab. They use the same frame one just has more cab and less bed than the other.
    Thanks that's what I thought but never really looked into it.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catmando View Post
    I suggest trading up to a Dodge 2500. You'll get 4-5mpg better towing your boat and 23-24mpg in your sales job. If you buy that Fountain it will still tow it fine.
    A 2500 is still on the table as that was my last truck. I have always liked the way duallys look and figured I'd toss the idea around and get some thoughts from those of you that have/drive them. If my 2500 pulled the boat as good as it did then the 3500 DRW has to be better. I'm just not sure about daily. With all the feedback I have gotten it is very helpful. I'm trying to find the time to go out and drive one and see.
    Jason

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock28SXT View Post
    A 2500 is still on the table as that was my last truck. I have always liked the way duallys look. With all the feedback I have gotten it is very helpful. I'm trying to find the time to go out and drive one and see.
    Jason

See if you can find a dealer, that will let you keep it overnight and actually live with it to see if you'll actually want one. When I test drove a LWB Ford I swore I wouldn't own a dually,,after driving the SWB truck for a day or so, I was sold.
    The more I know about people, the more I like my dogs

7. Collapse Details

A 2500 is still on the table as that was my last truck. I have always liked the way duallys look and figured I'd toss the idea around and get some thoughts from those of you that have/drive them. If my 2500 pulled the boat as good as it did then the 3500 DRW has to be better. I'm just not sure about daily. With all the feedback I have gotten it is very helpful. I'm trying to find the time to go out and drive one and see.
    Jason
    All you really have to do with a dually is watch the outside wheels. It will become second nature to you quickly as you drive it. It must be said though that than 2500 is much lighter than the dually so your fuel mileage will be better. I use Opti-Lube in my truck and get 20-21mpg@2000rpm so that's pretty decent for a heavy(7400lbs) truck with a non-chipped motor.

I agree with Slick, try to get a demo for a couple days and hook your boat up. One other problem with a dually is you can't see your trailer tires so that may or may not be a deal-breaker for you. I hauled cars last year and couldn't see the trailer tires so I made sure I stopped often to check the straps and tires.

8. Collapse Details

Duallys are awsome tow trucks, mines for sale here and on OSO.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catmando View Post
    All you really have to do with a dually is watch the outside wheels. It will become second nature to you quickly as you drive it. It must be said though that than 2500 is much lighter than the dually so your fuel mileage will be better. I use Opti-Lube in my truck and get 20-21mpg@2000rpm so that's pretty decent for a heavy(7400lbs) truck with a non-chipped motor.

I agree with Slick, try to get a demo for a couple days and hook your boat up. One other problem with a dually is you can't see your trailer tires so that may or may not be a deal-breaker for you. I hauled cars last year and couldn't see the trailer tires so I made sure I stopped often to check the straps and tires.
    That's the kind of MPG I was seeing with my 2500. I never considered not being able to see the trailer tires. Can't even see them with the little fish eye mirror?

Nykamp: Thanks for the offer but I'm still undecided. I'll keep you in mind when I figure this out. I probably will make a decision closer to spring time.

10. Collapse Details

That's the kind of MPG I was seeing with my 2500. I never considered not being able to see the trailer tires. Can't even see them with the little fish eye mirror?

Nykamp: Thanks for the offer but I'm still undecided. I'll keep you in mind when I figure this out. I probably will make a decision closer to spring time.
    Uhh my ford you can see the trailer tires just fine on anything longer than a 10' trailer. But the fords do have the best mirrors around. Though on my buddies dodge drw his mirros flip up and are decent and you can see the tires even on his little 15' fourwheeler trailer. Not as good as the fords..but still good.

11. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    I've had a couple duallys and drove a few others with race teams. They are great on the hi ways when towing 10k and more. You easily get used to the width. I like the ride.

Around town as an only vehicle. I would choose not. Just too big. Very limited where you can park. In a city it can be a night mare to find parking. IMO

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    I've had a couple duallys and drove a few others with race teams. They are great on the hi ways when towing 10k and more. You easily get used to the width. I like the ride.

Around town as an only vehicle. I would choose not. Just too big. Very limited where you can park. In a city it can be a night mare to find parking. IMO
    Everybody seems to agree that they ride nice on the hiway. It's about a 50/50 mix for me city/hiway driving. I have been paying more attention to them, all of them. Seeing where they are parked, driven and overall how they fit into the city scene. I also been considering if I were in a dually in some of the driving situations I am currently in. I have never put this much thought into a vehicle purchase before. When it was time to buy I looked I saw I liked I bought. This is good though I kind of jumped into the current truck as I did not have a vehicle after the wreck and now I'm here. Anyway Thanks for your thoughts.

13. Collapse Details

Dodge mirrors are not extendable like Ford's are. You can turn them vertical but you still can't see the trailer wheels even with the big fisheyes. I think Dodge has the biggest fisheyes and they are really great.

14. Collapse Details

I can see my trailer wheels just fine in my 450.I don't even have to extend the mirrors out.

15. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    If you are around toll roads. The tolls may be more than double. Varies from state to state.

16. Collapse Details

I toss around the same idea. I figured a SRW would be cheaper in the long run with better MPG, 2 less tires to worry about, is my daily driver, etc.

Got a longbed so I'd think a DRW may be easier to daily drive but love the truck none the less.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails truck.jpg   truck1.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    If you are around toll roads. The tolls may be more than double. Varies from state to state.
    That always pissed me off. It should be by weigh, not # of tires.

18. Collapse Details

Yup,My dually is the same toll rate as my International that is 3 times The GVW

19. Collapse Details

The only tolls I go thru are in Ill.. I'll never for get the day I bought it(in Ill). Drove down $1 toll (two axels) and on the way home $8.50 (five axels). No toll roads here.

20. Collapse Details

This might be slightly off topic. But, What is the difference between a 2500 and a 3500SRW? Is just extra springs are there bigger brakes and stuff as well?

I am actually now considering going the 3/4ton route and just adding airbags in the back.