Having some hot water issues in my new house. I haven't called my plumber yet because he's gonna think I'm an idiot. We all know I already am.

Here's the set up in the house. Two 80 gallon hot water heaters plumbed in line with each other. The temperature of the water is VERY inconsistant. There are times when it's scalding hot, other times it's just warm or about right, and other times it's not what I consider warm enough to take a shower.

I know what you're gonna say. Are you running the dish washer or washing machine while you take a shower? Is someone else taking a shower or bath at the same time? No. There is nothing consistant about any scenerio when it's not warm enough. Sometimes we're running said appliances and the water is scalding, sometimes it's barely warm at all. In the morning it's a coin flip. I take a shower about an hour after my wife so the water should be back up to temperature. There are times when it's fine, times when you can't get out quick enough. There are times it's warm outside and the water is luke warm and times it's cold outside and the water is hot as hell. Just nothing at all consistant that I can put my finger on.

Any ideas from the pros?

Buck