I have been asked by the Lee County chapter of the American Red Cross to assist them in organizing a Poker Run style event fund raiser on January 17, 2009. You may recall that we tried to do this last June but were blown out by thunderstorms.

The starting points and chip stops are located throughout SW Fl. The end point will be the Marina at Cape Harbor in Cape Coral. It is anticipated that there will be silent auction items set up in the rotunda between Rum Runners and the Boathouse. Awards for winning hands will be made in the same area. The organizing committee has determined a registration fee of $150 to $200 for each boat, captain, co-captain and one hand of cards. Additional hands of cards are anticipated to be $50 to $75. Unlike some other poker runs, there will not be a limit on the number of participant hands that can be played, and speed will not be an issue. (It is a fund raiser, after all !!) There will be a MYSTERY HAND for a grand prize of a 20 foot outboard deck boat with wakeboard tower and accessories - Retail value $50,000 ++.

At this point, there will be light appetizers at the final stop at Cape Harbor and the event will conclude before dinner. Participants will be on their own for dinner. With this level of registration cost, I would expect to pay for dinner myself.

Cape Harbor, Realmark Realty, and the Boathouse management have graciously offered complimentary overnight dockage at the marina for the event.

In addition to participating in the fun run, I am looking for your assistance with the following:

1.) Obviously, sponsorships are available for Presenting Sponsor, Burgee Sponsor, Chart Sponsor, T shirt Sponsor, Chip Sponsor, and Card Sponsor. The sponsorships contributions range from $250 to $12,500.
2.) Silent auction item donations
3.) Customer participation. Encourage your customers and friends to get out on their boats and participate.

4.) Spread the word ...

Following is a link to the Red Cross web site with specific info on the run:

http://www.arclcc.org/help/Boat%20Scramble.htm

Update: Chip / card stops listed below:

Sanibel/Captiva
Sanibel Marina/Gramma Dots 472-8138 (Red 2)
South Seas 472-5111 (Red 40)
Jensen’s 472-5800 (Green 37)
Green Flash 472-3337 (Green 37)

Cape Coral
Cape Harbour 945-4330 (Red 92)
CAPE HARBOUR IS NOT A CHIP STOP
CAPE HARBOUR IS HQ FOR EVENT
KC’s River Stop 549-5699 (Red 78)
North Fort Myers
Pincher’s 652-1313 (Red 52)

Fort Myers Beach
Salty Sam’s/Parrot Key 463-7333 (Green 9-Red 8)
Fort Myers
Royal Palm Yacht Club 334-2176 (Red 54)

Pine Island
Cabbage Key 283-2278 (Red 60)
Waterfront 283-0592 (Red 12)
Woody’s 283-5555 (Red 12)
York Road Marina 283-1149 (Green 73)

Thanks,

Tom C