Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I didn't care for my 07 very much way over rated and for me uncomfortable as hell to drive. I traded mine to my Ford dealer with 20k miles straight up for two new F150 work trucks and a used Taurus.

Total thumbs down as a daily driver in my opinion.

I actually enjoyed driving the less expensive loner Rovers the dealer dropped by the house every time they took the Sport for another repair more than driving mine.

They have pretty good brakes for an SUV ill give it that much!

2. Collapse Details

Love mine. Would buy another in a second. I bought my wife my girlfriend at the time a discovery in 2000 and the service was second to none. We had little to no problems on all our rovers. Only probelem I have with our sport is the trunk space is tight and traveling withe the two dobermans and the baby is tight.
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

3. Collapse Details

most problems were pre 05. They have come along way. If you do buy make sure it is from a land rover dealer and have it certified. Get the 75 or 100K warranty.
    SOS NINJA dancing on the boundaries of hell.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Stecz20 View Post
    Love mine. Would buy another in a second. I bought my wife my girlfriend at the time a discovery in 2000 and the service was second to none. We had little to no problems on all our rovers. Only probelem I have with our sport is the trunk space is tight and traveling withe the two dobermans and the baby is tight.
    He has spoken.....

The word is law now......

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Dated View Post
    Or check with By U Boy, he sells them in Houston.....
    I am going to have By U Boys azz for letting this get two pages before he comments. "Since I brought him aboard"

The Range Rover Sport retails new from 59K to 84K depending on options.

That will give you a huge spread on what today's market value is on a pre-owned. I can help you out with a good purchase price and or get you a better deal on a incoming lease return.

The JDpowers crap, does not compare the cars and manufactures on level playing fields. If they wanted to start they would survey all the brands the same.

Feel free to give me a shout. Tom 832-577-2250

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TOMTBONE View Post
    I am going to have By U Boys azz for letting this get two pages before he comments. "Since I brought him aboard"

The Range Rover Sport retails new from 59K to 84K depending on options.

That will give you a huge spread on what today's market value is on a pre-owned. I can help you out with a good purchase price and or get you a better deal on a incoming lease return.

The JDpowers crap, does not compare the cars and manufactures on level playing fields. If they wanted to start they would survey all the brands the same.

Feel free to give me a shout. Tom 832-577-2250
    I just saw this myself.
    SOS NINJA dancing on the boundaries of hell.

7. Collapse Details

Id like a black with ivory interior supercharged, perfect condition.. 06 or 07. would consider silver too

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy222 View Post
    Id like a black with ivory interior supercharged, perfect condition.. 06 or 07. would consider silver too
    ok snoopdogg
    VP of Operations, GLOC's Fastest Pontoon 2009

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member, Competitor Cookee's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I used to live 15 minutes from the factory and I'm in the market for something like that and I'm looking at the VW Toureg or the Porsche Cayenne, both of these are available second hand over here (UK) for silly money, but I wouldn't have a Range Rover. I need mine for towing boats, and transporting wife (to be) and the new dog in comfort.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Stecz20 View Post
    Two Dobermans?....... Do you have the Hawaiian shirt and the FieroFerrari too Magnum?

11. Collapse Details

Waterboy

Even if you love the truck with all this great feedback on the RR's who are you going to sell it to when you are done with it?

My buddy (BMW Service Writer) stole a Discovery when it came in on trade. 66K miles/5 years old and got it for $5500. Got a 9K loan on it (got 3500 in his pocket to buy it) and drove it 3 years for gas/oil changes only! His sole repair was a battery and the tires got rotated a couple times. He traded it three years later for the loan payoff. In comparison my neighbor bought a brand new 96 RR HSE (the original supercharged RR), paid all the money (1st one/ blk/blk, 18's etc). Truck was towed to dealer (30 miles away) almost weekly. Best was turn key, starts but NONE of the accessories work (no radio, a/c, radio or even power windows!) A blk/blk RR in S. FL in the summer with no windows, a/c is not worth much. She traded it on her 4th Toyota Landcruiser and never looked back.

12. Collapse Details

My wife has one and she loves it. That being said, I hate it. She does't pay the bills. I've spent over $6000 on the engine in the past year. I don't mind turning wrenches, but I as stay far away as my wallet will allow. It now needs 4 new oxygen senors at about $500 each. I'll have to go aftermarket and install myself. As long as she likes it I'll spent money my on it, its still cheaper than buying a new one. I thought Ford sold Rover to some company in India. I also think a Mercedes G wagon would have been better choice. Doug

13. Collapse Details

G wagon cant be had for close to the same price, even used.. ive looked at those too. Im reconsidering, plus they arent comin up much on my trade-in.

14. Collapse Details

Are you referring to the G500? Maybe you meant the GL series?

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy222 View Post
    G wagon cant be had for close to the same price, even used.. ive looked at those too. Im reconsidering, plus they arent comin up much on my trade-in.
    WB there is a reason they aren't stepping up on your trade......it is because we are in a recession so they might have trouble selling your Ford to anyone who doesn't pay cash for it.

Don't you live in the Midwest? If so do yourself a favor and keep the Ford, you are too far from Miami, the Hamptons and S. Cali to need a RR anyway!

16. Collapse Details

my father in law let them come and get his 2001 discovery, time after time after time that thing broke down, he was proud as all get out when he got it, I just said we'll see how it runs from what I know they have trouble, he got all offended, "bull**** these things go anyhere and are know for lasting forever". Three months later we came to visit and every warning light in the damn thing was on, after a year of constant breakdowns it died, he got out took the plates off called a cab and told them to come and get it, needless to say he is no longer a Rover fan.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Dated View Post
    .. and from what I can tell, the people who say that Rovers have tons of problems have never owned one.
    I've owned 'one' and 'one' is all I will have ever owned.

The only car worse that the POS Land Rover is our current POFS Audi.

18. Collapse Details

I have had three and never had any problems. Just bought my wife an 09 supercharged sport limited and she loves it

19. Collapse Details

Cale: We were looking at them last month but with all of the horror stories I have been told by my friends, who owned 06 and 07 RR, Kelley and I decided that several trips to the dealership would be too much of a pain in the ass. Even if you get a free loaner. It's convenience! Talk to Bob about a SLADE.
    Somebody's STUPID

20. Collapse Details

My daughter wanted a new 1 we test drove it almost purchased it till I spoke to ownersAll wheel benz or Jeep less$$ for eitherBetter feed back a lot of bad press even on 07 and newer!!