1. Collapse Details
    plumbing problem?
    last night at 2 am I woke up hearing a jack hammer sound coming from the bathroom. It was loud as hell. So I go running in and turn on the faucet, the noise stops. I shut the faucet it comes back. I do the same with the tub ... So I for some reason turn the water off running to the toliet and it stops??? I mean this noise was loud as hell it sounded like a jack hammer coming through the wall ...

2. Collapse Details

Well or city water? You could be experiencing an increase in water pressure. Do you have any air chambers on your pipes. If so they could be waterlogged. Sometimes they're hidden in the walls. Drain your water system completely. If you can, open the union at the supply in the basement. make sure to open every faucet and flush all the tiolets so everything opens. It's probably a good time to flush your water tank as well.

Sometimes loose pipes can hammer- big temp changes on pipes in crawl spaces can cause hangars to pop loose. Also if you have a well, your pressure tank could be waterlooged. You have to check the air regularly as it will leak over time- or you could have a broken diaphragm in it. It needs to be 2psi below max system pressure.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CAPO71 View Post
    last night at 2 am I woke up hearing a jack hammer sound coming from the bathroom. It was loud as hell. So I go running in and turn on the faucet, the noise stops. I shut the faucet it comes back. I do the same with the tub ... So I for some reason turn the water off running to the toliet and it stops??? I mean this noise was loud as hell it sounded like a jack hammer coming through the wall ...
    Cap, probably have a bad or mis-adjusted ballcock valve on the toilet. There is a small gasket/washer inside the toilet fill valve that shuts off the flow of water to the toilet when it is full. It has some type of float that comes up as the toilet fills and closes off the washer or gasket. It may be too high and spilling into the over flow and causing it to bounce or it may be bad all together and need replacing. The other thing that could be wrong is the tank flapper that stops the water from coming from the tank into the bowl could be worn out and leaking slightly allowing the valve to run. I would replace that. Either one is a pretty simple fix and not expensive. You can pick up the parts at the local hardware store.

4. Collapse Details

fix the toilet but the noise is coming from the valve coming out of the wall. just turn the handle 1/4 turn either way and it will fix the noise problem.