1. Collapse Details
    Boat races returning to Lake Decatur after 20-year hiatus
    Blog Entries
    DECATUR, Ill. (WCIA) — Lake Decatur may be frozen over now, but in a few months, people will be racing power boats on the water for the first time in 20 years.

The Decatur Park District is celebrating not one, but two boat races for their 100th anniversary. The Decatur Dash was announced earlier this week and the Hardy’s Highway: Race for the Lake was announced last year.

It’s been more than two decades since boats were raced on Lake Decatur. The Decatur Park District’s Executive Director Clay Gerhard said this will bring back memories for the community.

“We’ll have about 60 boats, we hope, for the weekend,” Gerhard said, “a couple of cranes. We’ll have food vendors. We’ll have some kid activities. We’ll have some art vendors. So it’ll be a nice event on Lake Decatur where you’ll get to hear the roaring of V8 engines across the lake.”

The Hardy’s Highway race will be June 8 and 9. The Decatur Dash runs September 6 through 8.

https://www.mywabashvalley.com/news/...0-year-hiatus/

2. Collapse Details

My Girlfriend told Me to Lick Her where it Stinks....So I Drove Her to Decatur.
    Parabellum FJ²B