Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Couple ques for my winter projects
    1. Wife wants to do away w/ the wood finish on berth table & also ice chest (which means the door trim too). Any suggestions? White would probably be the safest color choice, but dont know how to finish.

2. I want to remove the current transom brass water dumps for the Gil exhausts. I think i found some on cpperformance, "Dual 3/4" NPT Polished Stainless Water Discharge Fitting". Does that sound like the right item?

3. Going to replace the pitot too. Looking at pics i took, seems it has a 1/8" pitot to a 1/4" adapter back to a 1/8" hose fitting. Not sure what the previous owners did. Besides fittings, does it make a difference on hose size? the current hose is brittle so i was going to replace it anyway. Is 1/8" the normal size?

4. What would you call these things? (see attached pic). Going to put new ones on & will call Cig next week to see if i can just buy them w/out the rest of boat attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 38_16b.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

step plates
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

3. Collapse Details

Regards #1 - I have seen pictures of people who have had the wood trim redone in white fiberglass. I think that is your best bet. The table and the cooler top looked really nice in the few pictures I have seen, some with Cig Logo's emblazoned in them, etc....

I dont think you will be happy with the results of it being painted.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Seafordguy View Post
    Regards #1 - I have seen pictures of people who have had the wood trim redone in white fiberglass. I think that is your best bet. The table and the cooler top looked really nice in the few pictures I have seen, some with Cig Logo's emblazoned in them, etc....

Attached Picture - This belongs to member BaronMarine - Hope he doesn't mind.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NO-Wood Cabin.bmp  

5. Collapse Details

i guess i can put down my cans of spray paint then. yeah i was thinking of some veneer finish but didnt know what was all out there. The ice box lid has to remain very near the same outer dimensions tho so it still fits properly. How thick is fiberglass?

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BDiggity View Post
    i guess i can put down my cans of spray paint then. yeah i was thinking of some veneer finish but didnt know what was all out there. The ice box lid has to remain very near the same outer dimensions tho so it still fits properly. How thick is fiberglass?
    I have contempleted taking the old lid to a glass guy and just having him make a mold of it and then making the glassed top an exact fit. Not sure of the cost of something like that, but I have seen a lot of the old TG's and Cafe's with those lids - maybe someone can chime in that has done it??

7. Collapse Details

registered
    One word.....Plastic!!!! Alot of the older Cigs have had the teak replaced with plastic (Lexan). I know that LipShip has done a bunch, but I'm not sure if there is a kit for it. Give him a call.

I have the white lexan step plates on my boat. there are rubber strips in them spaced about every 3/4 inch to keep the slip factor down.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    One word.....Plastic!!!! Alot of the older Cigs have had the teak replaced with plastic (Lexan). I know that LipShip has done a bunch, but I'm not sure if there is a kit for it. Give him a call.

I have the white lexan step plates on my boat. there are rubber strips in them spaced about every 3/4 inch to keep the slip factor down.
    That is probably what the ones I have seen are.....

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post

i had the lexan step plates too but both cracked so i removed them. thats why i want to replace w/ what they are using on new models.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BDiggity View Post
    i had the lexan step plates too but both cracked so i removed them. thats why i want to replace w/ what they are using on new models.
    Michele (Mickey) and I had custom billet ones made through www.westcoastoffshoreunlimited.com Kevin (the owner) can powder coat or polish them and he can inlay them with the rubber inserts.

The lexan wood replacement is cool but if you're planning on Lip=Ship doing it, Phil needs the boat there. There's no pre-made kits.

Pic of our steps:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1110.jpg   IMG_1111.jpg  
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run extravaganza - 04/22 through 4/25 Lake Havasu, Az.

11. Collapse Details

Kevin also did a billet glove box with "born on 188th st." emblem in it. Also got me the chrome extinguishers and billet holders.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1115.jpg   IMG_1116.jpg   IMG_1112.jpg  

Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

12. Collapse Details

thanks, their plates were half the price as Cigarettes. & they have that swim platform i like, but thats gonna have to wait.

13. Collapse Details

I would be interested in buying your teak cooler lid. Mine was missing when I bought my boat. After you decide call me @ 252-339-4560

thanks
    Harvey

14. Collapse Details

Attached Picture - This belongs to member BaronMarine - Hope he doesn't mind.....
    Sea: i must say i about fell out of my chair when i first saw that pic. i love the whiteout look. and i don't have the pillows anymore. lol. btw i don't mind a bit.

todd
    Big Seas and Deep Vee's
    36' Deep Impact trip 300's, 19' Baron surface drive
    Ada Logistics your Flatbed Pro's

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by baronmarine View Post
    Sea: i must say i about fell out of my chair when i first saw that pic. i love the whiteout look. and i don't have the pillows anymore. lol. btw i don't mind a bit.

todd
    Sweet pillows Fruitloop

What did you do take them out of the boat so you can roll around in bed with them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NO-Wood%20Cabin.jpg  
    Last edited by tommymonza; 02-10-2010 at 10:23 PM.

16. Collapse Details

So who's got pics of the Lexon around the the cabin door where it use to be wood? I've gotta get rid of mine as well!

17. Collapse Details

Lip Ship can fix you up. However, the wood is tough and can take the flex of hard rough water runs. The lexan will break if the boat moves any. Seen it happen on the way back from the Bahamas two different times on a Cafe.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Kevin also did a billet glove box with "born on 188th st." emblem in it. Also got me the chrome extinguishers and billet holders.

Tank where did you get the BORN ON emblem ?

19. Collapse Details

Here is a shot of the front of my '93. Wood gone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails int frt.jpg   dash angle.jpg  

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Tank where did you get the BORN ON emblem ?
    Kevin at West coast offshore unlimited found them. Then he built the glove box around it. It's pretty trick the way he did it and though I can't remember the exact price, I know it wasn't too bad.

By the way, I actually like the wood in our cabin and around the entrance. I always loved the Playboys wood floors too.