Thread: Fred Cecil

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dean's Customs View Post
    I remember on OSO when I tried to warn some people early on about what a scumbag he was, boy it I get a ration of s h i t. He had some real defenders at that time, some have posted on this thread....
    Ditto, about him having defenders, and I too got a ration of sh*t for questioning Fred Cecil's lack of ....

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    Many people ordered and received their goods.......but you have to understand the scam that Fred was running. He was basically a middleman. The biggest crime that he committed was the fact that he didn't pay the people who supplied him so he could supply his customers. He got the $$$ and didn't pass it on!!!
    Bingo!!!

Never mind the relentless badmouthing of other marine businesses he did behind closed doors. He always liked to warn people about the crooked west coast marine suppliers. Probably becuase we all knew all about his MO and what he did with his Burger King franchise deals... another sad story...

Ask CMI how much they are owed. Ugly and a half!

3. Collapse Details

Registered
    Cecil ( Too Old ) bought and sold a number of boats within the offshore community. I remember these :

Sonic
    Cigarette flatdeck
    Sutphen
    newer Cigarette
    Formula

Did he screw anyone on these deals or was most of his crimes done via the parts business ?

After his fall I remember a number of parts retailers and manufacturers saying there was no way they could sell for his prices. His defenders were probably those that bought at those lowball prices.
    ed
    Last edited by TCEd; 01-07-2010 at 10:46 AM. Reason: spelling

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TCEd View Post
    Cecil ( Too Old ) bought and sold a number of boats within the offshore community. I remember these :

Sonic
    Cigarette flatdeck
    Sutphen
    newer Cigarette
    Formula

Did he screw anyone on these deals or was most of his crimes done via the parts business ?

After his fall I remember a number of parts retailers and manufacturers saying there was no way they could sell for his prices. His defenders were probably those that bought at those lowball prices.
    ed
    I remember reading the guy that bought the Sonic never got the title.

5. Collapse Details

Time to write a book about Fred we can call it "TRICK or Treat"

6. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by boatme View Post
    Time to write a book about Fred we can call it "TRICK or Treat"

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TCEd View Post

Sonic
    Cigarette flatdeck
    Sutphen
    newer Cigarette
    Formula

ed
    you forgot the 28 foot pantera

8. Collapse Details

Don't forget his buddy's 33 PowerPlay

9. Collapse Details

Actually a friend of mine bought the 35 Fountain he was selling for a friend and was very pleased with the whole transaction and the boat. I bought a trailer from him and he pulled it halfway, brought me a couple of t-shirts, nice stuff. Too bad it went so poorly later on.

10. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    There was a 24' Skater as well. And ,Yes, I WAS a TRICK supporter.....there I said it.
    Ryan Beckley

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    brought me a couple of t-shirts,

I recieved a Trick tee shirt with a minor purchase. On my 2nd order, Fred told me on OSO chat 1 night he had the parts in stock I wanted. Called next day to buy. I have to assume I was talking wiht Boatme's son at this point. He said no parts and asked Fred about them. Was told they were on order. Called back when delivery date was here. No parts. In fact, no parts were ever ordered. Fred even lied to his employees.

On a positve note, the free tee shirt made for a nice rag when changing oils. It was either a rag or to wipe my azz with it. Came down to my azz was too good for wiping with that shirt.

12. Collapse Details

My son could tell some stories (and has told me many)

Fred only used the computer for forums He had no ability for order process or book keeping on a computer

My son started taking His laptop to work to at least track orders he had responsibility for but could not get Fred to see urgency in any particular order unless it was a personal contact of Fred’s and even that went away after a while

Fred turned out to be a crook but his true demise started with his incompetency in running his business

It was sad and it was bad

Fred closed up his last Burger King in the middle of the night after telling his employees they were remodeling and would be off for two weeks then he spent one entire night loading what he could get out of the place and then locking the doors forever

Turned out he only cared about himself

sad sad deal in the end

My son had moved back to Michigan before the entire bottom fell out but he was burned in the end as well

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by getchasum111 View Post
    you forgot the 28 foot pantera
    I didn't forget about the 28 Pantera deal. I put the boat up for sale for my buddy Bill. The deal was all set in place and Fred came up to sea trail the boat. He then wanted a little more money off. So that was agreed upon and a sale was made. Fred tows the boat from Illinois back to South Carolina. Two weeks later Bill gets a phone call that Fred blew a drive. Bill says "its your boat and you bought it AS IS". Fred makes all kinds of threats and Bill, trying to avoid having his Name ran into the ground, sends Fred another drive. Two weeks later the other side blows a drive. In "good faith" Bill sends another drive. Still haven't seen the 2 blown drives sent back to us. All the while Fred is bashing Bill on oso and to other people.

I go on oso in the Pantera section and voice my opinion of what has happened. I call Fred out as the crook that he is and the bandwagon jumped on me like a pack of wolves. I receive a few threats and counter with a few threats of my own. I even received a phone call from the principle's office asking me to lay off. I'm pretty sure it was deleted. Everybody kept telling me what a great guy he was and that I should just stop this crusade. He was a crook then and proved to be an even big one in the end.

I travel for a living and I'm sure our paths will cross someday soon.

Hey Dean. What's up?

Big Andy

14. Collapse Details

Hi Andy, hope all is well with you...

Take care

15. Collapse Details

The 33 Powerquest deal was one of the biggest of all.. I don't own it but my friend does. The guy that Fred sold the boat for was here last summer and we took him out on his old boat. The story is so bizzare that it is like a movie plot. Fred was a ***** !! I bought stuff from him early on and he always came through and then everything went to hell for him. But ripping off your best friend is in-excusable.

16. Collapse Details

Fred had my son deliver the boat. He stopped home to say hi before he completed the trip and headed back to SC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails towing_1845%20rd.JPG   towing_1847%20rd.JPG  

17. Collapse Details

Registered
    who has the powerplay now?

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by northernoffshore View Post
    who has the powerplay now?
    It resides in LOTO last time I heard. I tried to purchase that boat but never got call backs from Fred, good thing I guess.