1. Collapse Details
    2022 Calendars NNRT Offshore Classic
    We did Calendar's again this year. If anyone would like one $35.00 that includes shipping in the U.S.
    PayPal , Venmo or mail me a check.
    message me on here or send me an email to c12lamorte@aol.com

thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3986.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	337.3 KB 
ID:	91750

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Awesome!!!!

Two for me please!!!!!!
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Got mine. Thank you

4. Collapse Details

Ok now. To all you old school boat fans out there what kind of boat is the Red V bottom on the cover?

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I've got my two copies also!!

You mean the one that says APACHE on the side?

6. Collapse Details

yes

7. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member Top Banana's Avatar
    Rhode Island - Summers / Florida - Winters
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Ok now. To all you old school boat fans out there what kind of boat is the Red V bottom on the cover?
    Well actually there are two red vee bottoms on the cover.

Do you mean the standard vee, that was a stretched version of a more conventional vee, or do you mean the one that was using a pad on the bottom at the back of the vee?
    Light travels faster than sound....that is why some people appear bright until we hear them speak!!

8. Collapse Details

Are you asking what brand of boat one of those deep vees is, or are you trying to find out about the origin of a name that has grown to be very respected in the offshore world on one of the boats?

You do understand that if you are referring to the name used on one of those boats, it was not actually a brand name at that date, as that would not happen for another year or two.

Boy this offshore history stuff get real confusing really quick. Maybe I better sleep on it and take a fresh look at this in the morning!!
    Light travels faster than sound....that is why some people appear bright until we hear them speak!!

9. Collapse Details

Ok, I'll get specific. The Red one in the foreground. Not the Red bow of the Velocity with the pad bottom. Pretty sure if the entire boat was in the pic it would read Velocity on its side.
    The one that is named Apache is not the boat brand name.
    That is the question. I figured most would assume it is actually an Apache brand boat. It is not.

I know what it is. Anybody else know what brand boat it is?
    Last edited by MOBILEMERCMAN; 12-26-2021 at 09:50 PM.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Ok, I'll get specific. The Red one in the foreground. Not the Red bow of the Velocity with the pad bottom. Pretty sure if the entire boat was in the pic it would read Velocity on its side.
    The one that is named Apache is not the boat brand name.
    That is the question. I figured most would assume it is actually an Apache brand boat. It is not.

I know what it is. Anybody else know what brand boat it is?
    Had another idea as a way to cut down on the potential names. If T2X was here he could assure us that it is not a Schwartzcraft, as he had that entire line covered in one of his diatribes years ago.

Considering that the name of the boat APACHE, was not the correct name for the original owner when they finally decided.....BUT, he made the choice to use it anyway, as he thought it sounded cooler than the alternative.

OK, set the stage. Miami and the master Don Aronow had completed one more of his boat company sales and was starting out on a whole new boat building company and a new name for it. Since by now everyone of the potential buyers knew that if you bought one of his companies, he would just move next door or across the street and start another one to compete with you. His last sale of Cigarette to Hal Halter a New Orleans oil rig boat builder was proceeding smoothly, helped by the fact the sales agreement included a stipulation that the seller (Aronow) was prohibited from building any more than 12 deep vee boats in the following year. Plus Don did not really have a a shop with all the necessary ingredients to build completed boats...what could he do??

Along comes the first buyer for the first boat.... and he wants a race boat to compete on the APBA offshore race circuit. Don has called his new company Squadron XII. He took off the wings and the just left the star from the US Air Force logo and added the Roman Numeral 12 or XII for his new company name. Don suggests that he will sell him a complete hull and deck laid up for racing and he suggests that the new buyer go an visit a very experienced rigger and racer who has just started his new company further up Biscayne Blvd. The guys name is Bobby Saccenti and his new company is called Race Headquarters. A deal is struck and the boat begins to be built. The next part is very interesting....Stay Tuned!!!

11. Collapse Details

Now the boat is being built down at Don's new Squadron XII company and Bobby Saccenti and the owner are working out a deal where Bobby's new company, Race Headquarters will rig the boat and paint it up with the new boat name.... and BTW, would Bobby be open to crewing the boat too as Throttleman. Yes, to all of the above! A new team is formed.

Bobby asks the new owner for some background information on his personal history. He is looking for something that could be used as the theme of the boat. The owner tells him that he was a former Golden Gloves boxing champion and he is also 1/2 American Indian. They agree to meet again in two weeks and Bobby will have some story boards made up, so the guy can actually see what the boat will look like when completed. Gil Paik, who will go on to major fame all over the world as the painter and artist and who thought up most of the themes and designs of future Apaches, is assigned the job on this boat.

The meeting day arrives and the new owner is shown two ideas and names for the new race boat. #1 Is Raging Bull. The movie starring Robert De Niro as Jake LaMotta the boxing champion was released in 1980. This concept would pay tribute to the owner and his past history of being a champion boxer. #2 is Apache. This concept would pay tribute to the owner's personal lineage of being 1/2 American Indian. After some discussion, #2 was selected with some nervous laughter from the new owner. Is there a problem? Bobby asks. Well the new owner says, I love the Indian concept and I love the name, but I am 1/2 Cherokee Indian. However, I think Apache is cooler, so let's go with that.

12. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    What mold was used to build the boat?

13. Collapse Details

So time goes by and pretty soon the guy that bought Cigarette from Don, realizes that he isn't getting the number of boats sold that he was counting on, but Don seems to be selling a lot of his new Squadron XII boats.

Don't panic, it is just business, so what can the new owner of Cigarette do? Don, would you like to become a part owner of Cigarette boat company again??

Sure, but not just part owner, let's merge Cigarette with my company Squadron XII and we can give the customer more boat for the money.

So the new owner decides that is a deal that he can live with, and he calls a relative in from another state to come and learn how to make fiberglass go fast boats, then maybe he can run the floor and get these boats built.

It will take some time but it eventually work out. Welcome to So Florida Mr. McManus.

14. Collapse Details

Those Schwartzcraft Guys liked to Brawl
    Parabellum FJ²B

15. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Schwartzcraft, the baddest of the bad!