2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    http://www.gbfiberglassparts.com/consoles.aspx

Now turn Matlock off and get back to drinkin
    That would cut into his beer money.

3. Collapse Details

I would take a differant approch. Use a ball pein hammer to do simmilar damage to the other corners, and start drinking more!!
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Davidmnc View Post
    I would take a differant approch. Use a ball pein hammer to do simmilar damage to the other corners, and start drinking more!!
    This would NOT cut into your beer money at all!
    The Penguin Cometh

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That may be the approach he uses.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    It's just one more service I provide at no charge!
    The Penguin Cometh

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Mitch are you now expanding your horizions on Serious offshore opposed to ( SPEEDWAKE ) and does Jeff know this

Damn glad to have a guy of that level of talent and skill here on the board- thanks for your participation!

9. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Damn glad to have a guy of that level of talent and skill here on the board- thanks for your participation!
    Ditto. Welcome MitcherT!!!

10. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Mitch welcome aboard but ................................ if i were to express my knowledge of over 30 years doing fiberglass repair on SPEEDWAKE , i would be told it was a form of advertising , so with that in mind , if anybody would like me to talk them thru gas tank repair,s on there Skaters ,structural , or anything related to fiberglass repair , feel free to PM me ................ G G

11. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert/Sponsor Mitcher T's Avatar
    Thanks for the compliments, everybody!

I'm still a moderator on Speedwake, too. Jeff and Karen are very close friends of mine. I don't see any problem with helping out here in the tech section, too. I'm just trying to help.

Offshore Ginger, your method is probably the best, I'll admit. There are several ways that would be appropriate to this repair. This isn't really a traffic area or a structural integrity issue, so I wouldn't worry too much about the true strength of this repair. Granted, it is on a corner where it may get stepped on inadvertantly, which is probably how the damage occurred in the first place. It was probably also laid up too thinly in the mold, also. So the combination resulted in what you see here.

As long as the cracks have been dremeled or routered out into virgin territory, and there has been a sufficient aggressive grit applied to the repair surface area, any of these methods will probaby be sufficient.

I like to advise people that are trying to do their own repairs by using materials that they are familiar with and are readily available and inexpensive. I always worry when a person has to start buying the minimal amounts of repair items and is only going to use a teaspoon of bondo or 3 square inches of matte. They have to buy a whole blanket of matte and a quart of resin, etc. By the time they are finished, they've spent $200 on a repair and used $10 in materials from it.

Usually, I offer to send the paint materials in a fractional setup (like 2 0z. bottles, etc.) as a kit for the paint side of it, just to help the owners out. That's why I like to coach them thru the process on the phone. It's so much easier and less time consuming.

I hope this helps out.

12. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert/Sponsor Mitcher T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Mitch welcome aboard but ................................ if i were to express my knowledge of over 30 years doing fiberglass repair on SPEEDWAKE , i would be told it was a form of advertising , so i rest my caseeeeeeeeeeeeee and if anybody would like me to talk them thru gas tank repair,s on there Skaters ,structural , or anything related to fiberglass repair , feel free to PM me ................ G G
    That's totally true OG. And that is exactly how it is handled on SW, too.

So to clarify your concern, I was asked a few weeks ago by the staff here on Serious Offshore to come aboard and act as a Tech expert and assist GlassDave in this section of the forum. I also am advertising on this website and have contributed product as giveaway items, etc. in order to help support this website.

I hope that answers your statement sufficiently. I am looking forward to helping anyone that has a need for it.

Mitch

13. Collapse Details

LOL that's what my dad would do, thanks for the help, I will probably tackle it this weekend.
    Parabellum FJ²B