Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Who is doing upgrades for 2009
    Any body building or buying new stuff for 2009?????? (add pic's)

2. Collapse Details

Only hoping to upgrade my income......

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Dated View Post
    Only hoping to upgrade my income......
    that would b good 2 help put more gas in the boat!!!

4. Collapse Details

I'm waiting for approval from the financial oversight department
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

5. Collapse Details

Just adding a color GPS to the dash, moving the stereo, and adding an electric engine hatch ram. I may add some LED lighting to the cockpit and transom....

6. Collapse Details

Registered
    I'm hoping to actually get the boat off the trailer so I can upgrade the trailer.

7. Collapse Details

Recoated the bolster frames, that's done already (Thanks Billy)... If I get a bug up my azz I might have the bow rail recoated and maybe even a new set of rings/bearings/heads on the other engine but I might go another year since I wont be using it much next year anyway.....

Lets check back in in February/March after the winter blues have set in and I have the whole friggin boat apart again.....

8. Collapse Details

Looks like a new 32" flat screen will be installed since my wife got me one for Christmas. Now, how to mount it?????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CARYINSIDE.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

Hotrod, Forget about the upgrades. U should be thinking of ways to plant more flowers to keep me in business

10. Collapse Details

I upgraded my GPS and added some LED in the bilge and UW. Took the mufflers off and added some nice Corsa tips.

11. Collapse Details

We are changing the trailer brakes this winter from 2-axle drum to 3-axle disc. This is on a 10,500 tri-axle aluminum trailer. The drum set up has worked pretty well since 1994. The goal is to move the stopping power from ok to very good. Guts, feathers and all should be about $1200 in parts.
    We am also installing a new intercom system using Piratecom components (may sell my 3 sets of black Tiger headsets-interested?). This should give us crew communication along with iPOD and cell phone interface in a simple plug and play set up. I'll post some pic's of the progress and results on each project.
    Last project is a little bottom work...GlassDave?

12. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HOTROD2 View Post
    Looks like a new 32" flat screen will be installed since my wife got me one for Christmas. Now, how to mount it?????
    You're a professional welder, what's the problem?

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BenPerfected View Post
    We are changing the trailer brakes this winter from 2-axle drum to 3-axle disc. This is on a 10,500 tri-axle aluminum trailer. The drum set up has worked pretty well since 1994. The goal is to move the stopping power from ok to very good. Guts, feathers and all should be about $1200 in parts.
    If it's not too much trouble, could you send me some of the info of where you bought the parts from etc.? I have 3 wheel drum but everything needs to be re-done including master cylinder and wheel cylinders so I may as well switch to disk.

Great, another project... lol

Thanks!

Frank

14. Collapse Details

Here are two good places to start. www.easternmarine.com and www.championtrailers.com. I ended up with the Kodiak S-CAD disc brakes. I got most of my hard brake lines and fittings from other places as the "kits" as offered are designed around one size fits all vs a custom fit. I will have some pictures and more install details in a few weeks. I got all my parts except three short hard brake lines and the fittings at these two dealers.
    The more I got involved, the more I wasn't impressed with the factory rigging. Except for the main brake line from the MC, I am replacing the entire system. I also decided it was good time to just replace my Dico/Titan 10 master cylinder vs. rebuilding. You will also need a blocking or bleeding solonoid and a flex line at each caliper with the conversion to disc brakes.
    I am also going to use the Buddy Bearing axle seal kits as I already have the SPINDLE - LUBEŽ spindles. These seal kits gives you a new "speedi-seal" type cover and a flat surface axle seal. We have had good success these seals.
    If you are launching in salt water, the whole Buddy Bearing type system might be worth the investment. The Spindle-Lube or Buddy Bearing system also allows you to not have to hand pack the bearings. Just install dry and pump in the new grease.

15. Collapse Details

Holes are cut for the new JL audio speakers and also just got in the billet speaker covers from Rons custom billet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2007 General Pictures 021.jpg   2007 General Pictures 018.jpg   2007 General Pictures 019.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

Also put in jumper box and some cockpit lighting
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2008 Winter boat upgrades 002.jpg   2008 Winter boat upgrades 003.jpg   2008 Winter boat upgrades 004.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

lighting
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Neon Purple boat pictures 003.jpg   Neon Purple boat pictures 004.jpg   Neon Purple boat pictures 002.jpg  

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HOTROD2 View Post
    This 43' Cary [Ike victim] I had shipped back to Michigan from Texas will need more than a flat screen Tv !!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cary 45 #.jpg   Cary 43 -12.jpg   cary 45 5.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

upgrading jobs for 09, and picked up the sea ray distributor cap and drove a chris craft underneath of it

20. Collapse Details

Adding 4 more speakers in a couple months.
    My 8 yr old trying out the new throttles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC250049 (Large).JPG