Had a wonderful weekend with my wife attending the Amelia Island Concours. Met many old friends from my racing days, both boats and cars. The founder of Amelia Island Concours, Bill Warner, was a co-driver with my oldest son Charley in the IMSA endurance series. This is the 25th year and this event has grown into one of the premier auto events on the east coast, certainly ranks up there with Pebble Beach Concours in California. Every year they honor a former auto racer or personality and this year the honoree was Roger Penske. Roger and his lead mechanic, Jay Signore with Bob Magoon driving a 40 foot Cigarette won the Benihana in 1976. As I was in that race, I was very happy to see these two former offshore racers. Photo shows left to right, Jay Signore, Roger Penske and me. The Benihana race was Roger's only offshore win after a year or so of trying. But he certainly knew how to win on the auto racing tracks all over the world. Also met up with my old friend Jochen Mass. Jochen was a Formula 1 driver for McLaren back in the 70's and was a team mate of James Hunt. The recent movie called RUSH, about the life of James Hunt, featured many scenes of the Marlboro Formula 1 race cars and Jochen was able to be driving his old McLaren in the movie. Jochen is a big boat lover and has enjoyed a few flights off the wave tops with me when he visited me in Rhode Island.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roger Penske at Amelia Island.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	88039Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jochen Mass Amelia Island 2020.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	142.2 KB 
ID:	88040