1. Collapse Details
    26’ Northamerican
    I have a client that is wanting us to restore a boat for him. He brought it by along with paperwork but I don’t recall the make at all. It looks like the old school powerboats “cigarette” but I don’t recall maker. The paper work states 26’ North American but I have never seen one before. So maybe you guys can chime in with your experience.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E7A3B685-EE9C-4DCF-A6C7-CFF1E46B7DC7.jpeg  
    Last edited by Vidamarboats; 01-04-2019 at 04:49 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Does it have a HIN # ?
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Vidamarboats View Post
    I have a client that is wanting us to restore a boat for him. He brought it by along with paperwork but I don’t recall the make at all. It looks like the old school powerboats “cigarette” but I don’t recall maker. The paper work states 26’ North American but I have never seen one before. So maybe you guys can chime in with your experience.
    The photo of the boat we are to identify isn't loading.

While we wait, I'll guess Sleekcraft with a HIN of NAS. That's not really like a Cigarette, but it's closer than the North American Hover Craft.

5. Collapse Details

There u go guys the pic I loaded is identical to the boat my client wants to restore

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Does it have a HIN # ?

I would have to go see it. In the hustle and bustle of doing ten thousand things I forgot to even look at the hin#

7. Collapse Details

Thanks for the pic. From that angle, I take off the sleekcraft suggestion unless that is one of those deals where somebody takes an offshore boat and hacks it up and makes it something else. (Not that a Sleekcraft was an offshore boat.) Sometimes the transom or transom corners (at the gunwale) can show telling differences. As can the gunwale and fairing at midship. That's where you can tell the Apaches. The HIN # will lock down the manufacturer.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Thanks for the pic. From that angle, I take off the sleekcraft suggestion unless that is one of those deals where somebody takes an offshore boat and hacks it up and makes it something else. (Not that a Sleekcraft was an offshore boat.) Sometimes the transom or transom corners (at the gunwale) can show telling differences. As can the gunwale and fairing at midship. That's where you can tell the Apaches. The HIN # will lock down the manufacturer.
    Yea going to have to get hin# from him bc I’m stuck on ideas too. When he first brought the boat to us I thought it was a old school V hull but when he told me that name I was like “what” but it is a nice looking hull, just wish there was more info out. I like to get info on boat models before I restore so I can have an idea of where I can & cant add stuff without affecting boats navigating performance

9. Collapse Details

I look at that picture, and I compare it in my mind to often copied deep V hulls through the years that have performed well. Like Nova 24, Formula 223, etc. And to the shape of my current 28. I think the mystery boat is similar way out at the bow but gets different quickly. I think the boat in your pic seems to be "rounder" as it transitions than the classic 24 degree offshore hull style. The lines at critical points in the hull seem to be curved and less razor straight. Hard to tell from that pic of course, but it just has the look of a boat with a dramatic rocker in the keel, by design. The (assumed amount) of freeboard aft seems low for most offshore designs of the time. Curious to know what it is.

10. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm going with the North American Fiberglass boat company. They built a 19, a 22, and a 26.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

11. Collapse Details

Looks like an "Angler" to Me.
    Parabellum FJ²B

12. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    And the hull id number is?