Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Dated View Post
    You have a good point but it is the lawyers that take the case. If they had integrity they would tell the wanna be plantif to take a hike and stop wasting the legal systems time.
    DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!! We have a winner!!!!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    Ok, I'll admit I skipped a lot of class in law school so I could work at a bar, get drunk and sleep with college girls, but I sort of though you needed to have a plantiff to file a law suit... So, its my thinking that in addition to a scumbag lawyer, you also need a scumbag plaintiff (the girl who's suing her friend) in order to have a law suit like this.

I know that a lot of these ambulance chasers go out looking for plaintiffs, but it's still the "injured party" that ultimately decides to file the law suit.

Sort of like "guns don't kill people, people kill people..."

It's a bigger issue than the lawyers. We live in a society of dirtbags and losers who'd steal from their own dog if they thought they'd get money out of it...

And you really want to see how ugly the ambulance chasing business is... ejoy: http://www.philalawyer.net/

I agree…….It was not the layer that made the decision for my “buddy” who got drunk and fell out of my golf cart to sue me! He decided it was my fault he was to drunk to stay vertical and fell out of the golf cart and broke his leg. At the end of the day he was accompanied to court by a highly respected member of the NC bar association that just happens to pay close attention to the emergency room activities at the local hospital! But after 2.5 years of BS, and a three day trial with 12 of my peers. I was acquitted of any wrong doing and received 0 of the 500k he was asking for………………… Oh yea, we are not “Buddies” and more….F HIM
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

3. Collapse Details

I'm not fond of "other people's lawyers" I like mine just fine.

I have one that's very bright, refined and articulate- she's great for the "Chinese Water Torture" approach. The other one makes Atilla look like a schoolgirl. He's truly evil, mean, vindictive and downright unpleasant. He lives to not only win but to make the other person absolutely miserable in the process.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I'm not fond of "other people's lawyers" I like mine just fine.

I have one that's very bright, refined and articulate- she's great for the "Chinese Water Torture" approach. The other one makes Atilla look like a schoolgirl. He's truly evil, mean, vindictive and downright unpleasant. He lives to not only win but to make the other person absolutely miserable in the process.

Sounds like my custody layer........ A true *****......I love her......Oh yea. I have full custody!
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Davidmnc View Post
    I agree…….It was not the layer that made the decision for my “buddy” who got drunk and fell out of my golf cart to sue me! He decided it was my fault he was to drunk to stay vertical and fell out of the golf cart and broke his leg. At the end of the day he was accompanied to court by a highly respected member of the NC bar association that just happens to pay close attention to the emergency room activities at the local hospital! But after 2.5 years of BS, and a three day trial with 12 of my peers. I was acquitted of any wrong doing and received 0 of the 500k he was asking for………………… Oh yea, we are not “Buddies” and more….F HIM
    Yeah. F him!

Most people would not do this sort of thing unless the Lawyer talked them into it. They are very sly bastards. Take my X wife for example; wanted nothing until she visited a Lawyer. Next thing you know - she wants the world. The lazy b1tch didn't work the last 3 years of our marriage - with no kids in our late 20's!!! I worked 80 hours a week - she went to lunch with her friends. F the b1tch!

6. Collapse Details

Chris, that post cracked me up. Soo true!

I think the lack of personal accountability transcends profession. If everyone's a thieving dirtbag, then that means, lawyers are thieving dirt bags, McDonalds fry cooks are thieving dirt bags, the local Bud distributor is a thieving dirt bag... and so on and so on.

I am friends with one person from law school and have an overriding disdain for lawyers in general, but I do think this issue is tied to an overarching lack of accountability in our society. Nobody's feet get held to the fire for the actions any more...

And I'll look back on my time in law school as the best 3 years of my life. I lived in the rugby house at Pitt, I never went to class and I worked as a bouncer. I didn't have to get a "real" job until I was 27 years old...

And for the record, I don't practice law now and don't think its too likely that I ever will, but I did get laid a lot more than I should have in my 9 years of college!

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

7. Collapse Details

I think the lack of personal accountability transcends profession. If everyone's a thieving dirtbag, then that means, lawyers are thieving dirt bags, McDonalds fry cooks are thieving dirt bags, the local Bud distributor is a thieving dirt bag... and so on and so on.

I am friends with one person from law school and have an overriding disdain for lawyers in general, but I do think this issue is tied to an overarching lack of accountability in our society. Nobody's feet get held to the fire for the actions any more...

And I'll look back on my time in law school as the best 3 years of my life. I lived in the rugby house at Pitt, I never went to class and I worked as a bouncer. I didn't have to get a "real" job until I was 27 years old...

And for the record, I don't practice law now and don't think its too likely that I ever will, but I did get laid a lot more than I should have in my 9 years of college!

haahaha.

im glad there are still some decent people left.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Yeah. F him!

Most people would not do this sort of thing unless the Lawyer talked them into it. They are very sly bastards. Take my X wife for example; wanted nothing until she visited a Lawyer. Next thing you know - she wants the world. The lazy b1tch didn't work the last 3 years of our marriage - with no kids in our late 20's!!! I worked 80 hours a week - she went to lunch with her friends. F the b1tch!
    You must have been married to a relative of my ex-wife.

Did she have an Uncle in OH that got murdered by a hooker and her boyfriends??

Good way to spend your 20's.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

9. Collapse Details

If I was smart, it would have been a good way to spend my 30's too!

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Dated View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

It is too bad 99% of lawyers make the other 1% look bad.
    now there's our post of the week
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson