Thread: Warpath!

Page 60 of 161 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 110 160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 3211
  1. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    the day I brought mine home, 2004 (pink trailer) and the day I brought it home after having the trailer painted....
    I want the pink trailer!!! looking good Frank!!

2. Collapse Details

the day I brought mine home, 2004 (pink trailer) and the day I brought it home after having the trailer painted....
    i really like your boat it's simple but bada$$....but the truth i like the trailer more when it was pink

mike

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by xlr8by View Post
    nice, but what is an Apache doing out in flat water?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefApache View Post
    Let me add this......BORING...it isn't fun at all......a little chop makes all the difference in the ride.
    Pretty much sums it up Chief...it was non-eventful and boring as heck!!!

It was the 2nd test run since I finished the transom with the new X. I had just run the ocean for 10-15 miles between 65-70 mph to get a feel for the new setup and when I was on my way back in entering the bay I decided to open her up.

I think that if there was a 1-2 ft chop the boat would have gone another another 1-2mph faster!

Quote Originally Posted by lucy View Post
    I want the pink trailer!!! looking good Frank!!
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post
    i really like your boat it's simple but bada$$....but the truth i like the trailer more when it was pink

mike
    I didn't mind it so much but the paint was faded pretty badly and had some good rust spots.

All the locals nick-named "pinky" because of that trailer!!!

Thanks everyone for the complements. It has been a lot blood sweat and tears to get her to where she is today and keep her runnin all the time!!

4. Collapse Details

We still haven't figured out who painted my boat... Bobby doesn't remember and Gail didn't recall either.

The small feathers and the windings are vinyl. They must have been added before I bought the boat. The rest of the head and head dress is painted.

Anyone know??? An inquiring mind would love to know.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo36 View Post
    we still haven't figured out who painted my boat... Bobby doesn't remember and gail didn't recall either.

The small feathers and the windings are vinyl. They must have been added before i bought the boat. The rest of the head and head dress is painted.

what year? Bobby Radical?

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Bobby Radical was around and that has a couple of his traits!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

7. Collapse Details

It also has Gail traits as well

8. Collapse Details

Thanks everyone for the complements. It has been a lot blood sweat and tears to get her to where she is today and keep her runnin all the time!!
    The boat looks Great!! I love the video you posted from off the stern!!! You should be proud!!! The boat is one fine ride!
    Jr.

9. Collapse Details

We still haven't figured out who painted my boat... Bobby doesn't remember and Gail didn't recall either.

The small feathers and the windings are vinyl. They must have been added before I bought the boat. The rest of the head and head dress is painted.

Let me know when you figure out who did yours because I bet mine was done by the same artist.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my apache side view of apache logo_edited.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    Bobby Radical was around and that has a couple of his traits!!!!
    thanks, I'll have to check it out!

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by baywatch View Post
    Let me know when you figure out who did yours because I bet mine was done by the same artist.
    Josh, it was B Radical. Look close, you should see his sig somewhere.

12. Collapse Details

I tried watching the SBI race this weekend and I found it totally unwatchable (and I don't mean the internet video quality). It made me think that Warpath, or any Apache for that matter would never have been built based on todays racing. What a shame. Apache and all of its predecssors were created to go offshore and blast through whatever conditions are thrown at it. That is why Warpath could not only go head to head with the fastest (top speed) boats in the world, but it could blow them away if the conditions were right. I was genuinely looking at finding a way back into racing offshore, but after seeing what the sport (or should I say show) has become I think I will just keep my good memories of what true offshore racing was.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by smokeybandit View Post
    I tried watching the SBI race this weekend and I found it totally unwatchable (and I don't mean the internet video quality). It made me think that Warpath, or any Apache for that matter would never have been built based on todays racing. What a shame. Apache and all of its predecssors were created to go offshore and blast through whatever conditions are thrown at it. That is why Warpath could not only go head to head with the fastest (top speed) boats in the world, but it could blow them away if the conditions were right. I was genuinely looking at finding a way back into racing offshore, but after seeing what the sport (or should I say show) has become I think I will just keep my good memories of what true offshore racing was.
    i agree 100 %.....and that also goes for the Bimini race that have been held the last 2 yrs.....seas less than 3 ft.... it is what it is

14. Collapse Details

Todays racer doesn't have a quarter of the challenges that the racers from 15-20 years ago did!!!!

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MARK BENTLEY View Post
    Josh, it was B Radical. Look close, you should see his sig somewhere.
    Thanks Mark!!!

Frank, here is the guys website. Send him an email and he could let you know if he did your boat.
    http://www.bobbyradical.com/flamingocop.htm
    Last edited by baywatch; 10-05-2009 at 06:24 PM.

16. Collapse Details

Todays racer doesn't have a quarter of the challenges that the racers from 15-20 years ago did!!!!
    It was a Macho sport. It was like watching the Ilse of man TT. if youve seen that motorcycle race, youll know what I mean. very few sports like that anymore. You need tremendous talent, equipment and will to win.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by smokeybandit View Post
    Did you get my PM

18. Collapse Details

Did you get my PM
    I got it Sean, thanks. I'm really looking forward to see what you have planned. It is really difficult to maintain interest in this roundy round racing. I won't give up just yet.

Robert

19. Collapse Details

Come on guys we have to keep the trivia going!! How many race setup 41's and 47's were built?

20. Collapse Details
    Wink
    Glad to see you guys have the trivia going!! just a quick hello!! and a smile from Grand Turk! It is hard to get on line here, be back soon!!