Thread: Warpath!

Page 11 of 161 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    I don't care what you have or don't; bowrider Apache is just plain wrong IMHO but it's his boat and obviously he can and did what he wanted with it.

I wouldnt do it either but to say Lorne has 'more money than brains' is insulting to a guy who has done alot for the sport and IS the genuiine article, not just some keyboard cowboy. I know it wasnt you that said that though MM.

FYI

He told me the reason he did it was because the girls complained about the 6 pack and usually there were too many to fit and he liked the 6 pack so on days when he goes slow with girls he uses the bowrider and on days when he wants to run 100mph he uses the 6 pack. He loves Apaches and thought it would be cool.

I think making it a 100mph 41 Apache 6 pack bowrider is alot cooler than some guys who buy "center consoles' or switch to a Sea Ray because they are more practical. Guys like Lorne bring the mountain to Mohammed not the other way around.

To put it into perspective, when I bought my first boat at age 24 Lorne offered to fly anywhere in the world to look at any boat I asked him to so that I didnt buy a lemon. I never took him up on it because thats not my style but I can assure you he was 100% serious. He loves power boating, not showing off his money. To offer that assitance to a young guy getting started when you could be banging models and drinking $6000 dollar bottles of champagne in St Tropez next to one of your multiple Enzos shows you the kind of guy he is.

Insulting a guy who is a legend of the sport, especially up here in Canada, dont expect people not to 'correct' the statement.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Caveman

Caveman has been SOLD. They are replacing it with a Top Gun for VIP rides.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ar15meister View Post
    I wouldnt do it either but to say Lorne has 'more money than brains' is insulting to a guy who has done alot for the sport and IS the genuiine article, not just some keyboard cowboy. I know it wasnt you that said that though MM.

FYI

He told me the reason he did it was because the girls complained about the 6 pack and usually there were too many to fit and he liked the 6 pack so on days when he goes slow with girls he uses the bowrider and on days when he wants to run 100mph he uses the 6 pack. He loves Apaches and thought it would be cool.

I think making it a 100mph 41 Apache 6 pack bowrider is alot cooler than some guys who buy "center consoles' or switch to a Sea Ray because they are more practical. Guys like Lorne bring the mountain to Mohammed not the other way around.

To put it into perspective, when I bought my first boat at age 24 Lorne offered to fly anywhere in the world to look at any boat I asked him to so that I didnt buy a lemon. I never took him up on it because thats not my style but I can assure you he was 100% serious. He loves power boating, not showing off his money. To offer that assitance to a young guy getting started when you could be banging models and drinking $6000 dollar bottles of champagne in St Tropez next to one of your multiple Enzos shows you the kind of guy he is.

Insulting a guy who is a legend of the sport, especially up here in Canada, dont expect people not to 'correct' the statement.
    Lorne is a stand up guy. The bowrider was written about in Poken Run magazine about 1.5 years ago (I am the guy in the black shirt with Lorne and Mark going for a test run). At the time I was in key west for the world's and my uncle and I were close to buying a 41. He spoke with us answering all the questions we had, then he offered to take me for a ride. Afterwards he gave us his number to ask any additional questions. We later talked to him a couple times for an HOUR or more each time. He couldn't have been more helpful, and kept us from getting in over our heads. The bowrider itself rode great at near 100mph and he can easily convert it back.

4. Collapse Details

I saw it in KW as well (looks like that is where it is at in post 172 in front of the Galleon). I didn't think why would anyone do that; just that I wouldn't ever do that. Then again- I wouldn't buy a Sunsation MCOB either but that's just me. (Just to clarify- I said nothing about the man)

5. Collapse Details

If you ever met Lorne, you'd understand

6. Collapse Details
    Wink
    Mr. Loren Leible loves his Apaches. This one use to be his
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails warpaint.jpg  

7. Collapse Details
    Wink
    How about a Sun set! Beautiful Bonaire!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails n43102155_30994041_5544305.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lucy View Post
    Great pic!

9. Collapse Details

Im getting jealous Lucy

10. Collapse Details

Banned
    Mr. Loren Leible loves his Apaches. This one use to be his
    This boat was on 188th forever next to Cig...anyone know where it is now?

11. Collapse Details
    Wink
    BoraBora, Yap, and the moon in Curacao!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails olgassunset 023.jpg   ST THOMAS 023.jpg   P1010750.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cashbrain View Post
    This boat was on 188th forever next to Cig...anyone know where it is now?
    ITS FOR SALE !!!!!!!!! 200 K and its yours.

13. Collapse Details
    Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by g.paik View Post
    The transom was changed to 12 degrees.
    Gail it was great talking with you this morning as always a got a lot of giggles and first hand information! Hope you stop by here at seriousoffshore.com and have some fun! Kisses
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gail paik @.jpg   gail p #.jpg   warpath 01 019.jpg  

14. Collapse Details

registered
    Lucy,
    Is this the banner boat or the replica that went to Europe??

By the way, GREAT THREAD!!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Apache.jpeg  

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    Lucy,
    Is this the banner boat or the replica that went to Europe??

By the way, GREAT THREAD!!!!!!!!
    Awesome boat any more pics?? Also any idea if it still has this paint job?

16. Collapse Details
    Wink
    The tan and blue Banner Boat is a sister to the Red Banner Boat. It was made to go to Europe and promoted Apache Engineering, it never return to US. I do not have any more pictures of it. but here are some of the red one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1%20-%20team%20apache%2041%20%282%29.jpg   bobs.jpg  

17. Collapse Details
    Smile
    first 47 apache ?

18. Collapse Details

first 47 apache ?
    The yellow one that was confiscated before a race and now owned by a man in NJ, am I correct? This boat still has the original graphics, I saw it as a flag boat at the point pleasant race a while ago.
    Last edited by xlr8by; 08-06-2009 at 01:28 PM.

19. Collapse Details

hammerhead is for sale, is that a one off ? (I know it sank)
    Parabellum FJ²B

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    hammerhead is for sale, is that a one off ? (I know it sank)
    where is the listing?