Thread: Warpath!

Page 104 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 114 154 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 3211
  1. Collapse Details

I totally agree! It reminds me of the personal trainers at my gym who are 50lbs over weight or the financial investors who pull up in a Ford Focus and want to invest your money
    Dr. G

2. Collapse Details

Gary, Any recent pictures of the rest of the boat?

3. Collapse Details
    Wink
    could not finish the year with out wishing you all a very happy new year!! you have being part of my life for many years!! Besos from Colombia!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0481.jpg   DSC_0520.jpg   DSC_0522.jpg  

4. Collapse Details

Banned
    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO U ASWELL !!!!!!!!!!

SEE U in 2010 .

5. Collapse Details

Well, she is officially on her way to NJ to her new home. She will be well taken care of. Will be finalizing on her name, some minor cosmetic changes, and begin working on the new motors. Looking forward to build the new monster motors for her. Its gonna be a great year!!!!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrGaryDC View Post
    Well, she is officially on her way to NJ to her new home. She will be well taken care of. Will be finalizing on her name, some minor cosmetic changes, and begin working on the new motors. Looking forward to build the new monster motors for her. Its gonna be a great year!!!!
    Can't waite to see it winning some races and attending some poker runs.

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I totally agree! It reminds me of the personal trainers at my gym who are 50lbs over weight or the financial investors who pull up in a Ford Focus and want to invest your money
    Dr. G
    Should be your sig line Doc.......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

8. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lucy View Post
    could not finish the year with out wishing you all a very happy new year!! you have being part of my life for many years!! Besos from Colombia!!!
    Happy New Year Lucy!!!!

Paul and Terri

9. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=DrGaryDC some minor cosmetic changes, and begin working on the new motors. Looking forward to build the new monster motors for her. Its gonna be a great year!!!![/QUOTE]

What drives are you going to use?

10. Collapse Details

Going to keep the 3a's and just play around with some props. Have a set of 5's to try as well. Plenty of testing prior to first race

11. Collapse Details

What differs between 3a's and number 5's? Sounds like fun! Keep us posted.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lucy View Post
    If you look at the things that become timeless, collectible, legendary, etc. They are usually things that fit one or more of these criteria;
    Exceptional performance for their time.
    Uncompromising build quality.
    A legacy of winning even against supposedly more modern designs even under the most challenging conditions.
    Colorful and complex people and stories related to the item.
    Hand build not mass produced, made in limited numbers.
    Each Apache boat has its own unique story and specifications.
    Every manufacture of boats, cars, motorcycles, would like to win in racing but the ones who usually win are the ones with the most will and commitment to winning. The primary goal of most manufactures is to SELL their product and used racing as a tool to promote sales. NOT the case for APACHE winning in racing was their PRIMARY goal!! selling the boats only a bonus reaffirmation of their success.
    In reality the price and desirability of these Apache boats is limited to the few people who know of their history, Unlike Ferrari for example, of which every one knows about, Nonetheless is my opinion, Apache's history is just as interesting and its winning record, significant and undeniable in its sport. No other boat manufacture the I know of can truly make this claim!!!

13. Collapse Details

Gotta Agree with Lucy on the Apache having Racing as top priority thenagain Apache wasnīt alone but Apache has that "special" SoFla Drama around it.

CUV made 0 pleasure versions that I know of and the owners of CUVīs, well mostly European Aristocrats so Drama or no Drama, take your pick but all around the tabloids in the day and getting a lot more ink.
    And come to think of it the same philosophy that was applied in Apache, CUV and Larry Smith also applied for Lotus,Ferrari and Porsche and in that order regarding the will to please the audience...
    How many pleasure versions vs raceboats did LS make which reputation got washed by Wellcraft ?
    Guess the total number is less than Apache raceboats?

Iīve always wondered is the Legacy of Apaches just an American thing as seems overseas it doesnīt carry that high, even a Cig or a Magnum is a match.
    The Brits especially state that Apache had their asses handed to them against the European competition and back in the day and wasnīt a threat in the toughest of them all, CTC race.

I personally like Apaches a lot ( Because of the 41 being Don Aronows last baby) but would also consider a CUV Cougar or a LS raceboat as an alternative (Did I say that).

Thereīs a lot of other interesting stuff among those the audience knows nothing about and especially the Brits and Italians are renown for building only raceboats and caring less about selling on monday as those behind the builds are Load€d with caĢh in other busin€$$€$ and keep a very low profilĢ of it.

This is a Very good thread that IMO definitely needs the Competitors threads alongside just to relive the days.
    Offshore Racing wasnīt designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

14. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post
    So time to bump the thread

Which Apaches have a
    1. Notch
    2. Rocker
    3. Hook
    4. Straight

Bottom?
    1) Most
    2) All
    3) a few
    4) Most
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderman View Post
    What differs between 3a's and number 5's? Sounds like fun! Keep us posted.
    The drive height as measured on the vertical shaft but you already knew that I am sure!!!!

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by xlr8by View Post
    I do not have a definite line in the sand for what was the last boat with the original transom angle. I know that Warpath, Warpath II, The Team Apache Boat (banner boat), all have the earlier transom, and I think Stinson said in a prior post that it was only the early boats. Off the top of my head Lethal Weapon, Island Runner, Shaka, etc. do not have it so the change took place somewhere in between, I know it does not answer your question too well . Anybody?
    All you have to do is look at the back of the boat and you can tell.....if the transom has a little angle just under the rub rail then it is a new transom if not it is an old transom!!!!

17. Collapse Details

Going to keep the 3a's and just play around with some props. Have a set of 5's to try as well. Plenty of testing prior to first race
    How many sets of props do you have Gary

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    1) Most
    2) All
    3) a few
    4) Most

Lol Guess the No3īs do not wanna be public
    Offshore Racing wasnīt designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

19. Collapse Details

You can check on the driveline section, we have been discussing about 3's vs 5's for weeks

20. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    You can check on the driveline section, we have been discussing about 3's vs 5's for weeks
    Sean's been lost......

Sean, you must have some input for the 3 vs 5 thread......