Thread: Warpath!

Page 102 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 3211
  1. Collapse Details

Dahm Lucy, you trying to kill all the guys here on serious with pics of you and your friends

2. Collapse Details

I love all 3 pics Lucy posted!

That skull ROCKS IT!! Pic #3 comment is self explanatory

3. Collapse Details
    Question
    is this the Tu Tama boat?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ..12.jpg  

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lucy View Post
    is this the Tu Tama boat?
    Lucy I am not sure, but I believe that the current owner is on this website and if his avatar is the side of his boat, that is not the current paint job, but it could have been the old one maybe? See this post http://67.192.255.161/forums/showpos...&postcount=190

5. Collapse Details

Is Tu Tama, RHC's old boat?

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    It was a sad day, just glad fred ippolitto and his crew were ok.... I was a half mile behind them when it happened and by the time I passed by all you could see was the bow sticking straight up.

Word is they were running fast and loose. There were literally 5-6' rollers in the hudson that poker run with about 150 boats at the start. I still had my Panther and we could only run 50 mph in that slop. It was probably the most amount of boats ever at the NYC poker run. They went skyward approaching 100 mph, tripped, stuffed and barrel rolled at high speed.... All we could see was water....
    Took pics of it with the hatches open, on the dock right before we all took off that day. The accident must've happened right behind us, cause we never seen it take place.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    Took pics of it with the hatches open, on the dock right before we all took off that day. The accident must've happened right behind us, cause we never seen it take place.
    We were headed to NY the next week to look at Freddy's Boat a friend of mine was going to buy it after a sea trial

I called him later on saturday to tell him that i saw a pic of the boat with 3 foot of the bow sticking out of the water at the poker run So much for that purchase

8. Collapse Details

Lucy that 36 is in the middle east area.

9. Collapse Details

yep .... Frank hows it going ?

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    I didn't even know you were there, it's too bad we didn't get to hang out. I still had my Scarab, actually had the for sale sign on the back that year. That year had a rediculous number of boats... One of the most hectic starts I remember in the 11 years I've done that run. This coming year I might do something different, maybe AC...we'll see how it goes...

I remember Fred pulling into the gas dock Friday evening.... My buddies knew I was looking for a 36' so when Fred pulled in, I asked him how he liked the boat. His response was; "Best boat I've ever owned." Famous last words I suppose.

After the poker run my buddy Steve says to me; "You still wanna buy the Apache?" I guess I did...

Quote Originally Posted by boatme View Post
    We were headed to NY the next week to look at Freddy's Boat a friend of mine was going to buy it after a sea trial

I called him later on saturday to tell him that i saw a pic of the boat with 3 foot of the bow sticking out of the water at the poker run So much for that purchase
    That sucks.... I didn't even know it was for sale.. He got a great deal on that boat.. I remember the ebay auctions... That's the year you and I met.

Quote Originally Posted by BRD View Post
    yep .... Frank hows it going ?
    I wanted to buy that boat....it was just outta my price range. Bobby hooked us up when it was for sale.

Things are good, busy as hell right now, it doesn't even feel like Christmas. I guess I can't complain, just working hard, keepin the ship afloat!!

Hey, ya know we never closed the loop on the Concept... My buddy wound up buying a left-over with twins from Tomes Landing. He uses the Concept more than his 51 OL these days!
    Last edited by Geronimo36; 12-23-2009 at 09:34 PM.

11. Collapse Details

Yes it is, so no Lucy, that is not the Tu Tuma scheme. I need to go find it.
    Queen of Bammin'

12. Collapse Details

Were all 41 Apaches made of Kevlar? How about the 36's?

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderman View Post
    As far as I know about the 36's some of them were Kevlar. The one that rolled in NYC was a Kevlar layup.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefApache View Post
    Yes it is, so no Lucy, that is not the Tu Tuma scheme. I need to go find it.
    In an email set to me by Bob in 2004' about 2 months before I bought mine, is this it? "Frank, 1996 MerCruiser 600 SC / bravos 300+ hrs fresh water lake Erie boat, $$$130K Clean 75+MPH"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RHC.JPG  

15. Collapse Details

In an email set to me by Bob in 2004' about 2 months before I bought mine, is this it? "Frank, 1996 MerCruiser 600 SC / bravos 300+ hrs fresh water lake Erie boat, $$$130K Clean 75+MPH"
    Yes, that is Tu Tuma, thanks Frank. Roger had no name on the boat when he owned it. When Rob bought it he took his time and named the boat the last year or so. He did well.

Thanks to Rob F who owns Tu Tuma, we own our Apache. We too were after Roger's boat and almost had Rob talked into selling her to us. Things worked out the way they should have.
    Queen of Bammin'

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderman View Post
    Not sure on the 36' but I believe all the 41' were made from Kevlar and 5 were carbon/kevlar which are Sam,Tonto, Tatonka, Geronimo, and Ghost Runner (originally named "Take Over")

17. Collapse Details

Not sure the benefit of Kevlar back then? It was strong but also heavy and sometimes there was lay-up problems with the kevlar back in those days. Did they use less glass layers to compensate for the Kevlar and the added weight?

I wonder how much lighter the Carbon 41's are than the regular?

18. Collapse Details

Registered
    Carbons stiff to compress and Kevlar wont stretch or tear
    You can sand carbon with your finger and whatever you sand kevlar with hasn't been invented yet
    Using them without an epoxy layup is almost a waste of good cloth

19. Collapse Details

Not sure the benefit of Kevlar back then? It was strong but also heavy and sometimes there was lay-up problems with the kevlar back in those days. Did they use less glass layers to compensate for the Kevlar and the added weight?

I wonder how much lighter the Carbon 41's are than the regular?
    If you scroll to 5:28 of this video it says the Apache 41' using Kevlar is 1/3 lighter than fiberglass (granted this video is not the most accurate as they say Warpath is running 120mph ). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_6vdTEChas Can't help besides this...

20. Collapse Details

My main question is, are all 41,s made of kevlar?