1. Collapse Details
    OPA Fall River Grand Prix 2018
    Blog Entries
    Thursday, August 23, 2018
    5pm Volunteer Meeting - Borden Light Marina

Friday, August 24, 2018
    All Day Arrival of Race Boats - Race Village - Borden Light Marina ​(1 Ferry St, Fall River, MA)

Saturday, August 25, 2018
    10am-Race Village open to the pubic
    8am-2pm-Registration - Borden Light Marina - Race Village
    9am-Safety Meeting with USCG - Borden Light Marina - Race Village
    10am-Racer Meeting - Borden Light Marina - Race Village
    11am-4pm-Race Boat Inspections - Race Village
    11am-4pm-GPS Registration - GPS Trailer in Race Village
    11am-Race Control Operation
    11am-4pm-Crane & Ramp Operational​​​
    12pm-3pm​​-Race Boat testing​​
    5pm-Boat Parade & Street Party (4:00pm Staging)
    8pm-Return to Dry Pits
    9pm-Fireworks at Borden Light Marina TBD

Sunday, August 26, 2018
    10am-5pmRaceVillage open
    8am Team Physicals - Borden Light Marina - Race Village
    8am Safety Meeting with USCG - Borden Light Marina - Race Village
    9am Racer Meeting - Borden Light Marina - Race Village
    10am Set-up Course Markers
    10am Patrol Fleet Briefing - Borden Light Marina - Race Village
    10am Medical and Dive team briefing - Borden Light Marina - Race Village
    ​10:30am Race Control Operational
    10am Crane and Ramp operational
    11am Race Patrol Fleet & Course Support Fleet on station
    12pm ​RACE 1 (subject to adjustment) ​
    2pm RACE 2 (subject to adjustment)​
    3:45pm ​​RACE 3 (subject to adjustment)
    7pm Awards Ceremony - Borden Light Marina - Race Village
    9pm Racer Celebration - Tipsy Seagull (1 Ferry St, Fall River, MA)

Crane Area - Borden Light Marina
    ​Ramp Area - Borden Light Marina
    ​Wet Pits - Borden Light Marina
    ​Dry Pits - Borden Light Marina
    ​Wash Down Area - Borden Light Marina
    Nearest Gas Station - Inquire within Registration

2. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fall river 2018.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	615.6 KB 
ID:	85723

3. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Powerboats descend on Fall River ahead of races

https://youtu.be/iqrZAOCPhvk

4. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    If you’re planning to watch the boat races from the water, Fall River’s harbormaster has some tips for you

From closed safety zones to dockage, Fall River Harbormaster Bob Smith offered this helpful Q&A on his Facebook page to give mariners a idea of what to expect.

FALL RIVER — Planning to head out on the water for the Fall River Grand Prix boat races? There are some things you may want to know.

From closed safety zones to dockage, Fall River Harbormaster Bob Smith offered this helpful Q&A on his Facebook page to give mariners a idea of what to expect.

Q) When are the races?

A) Saturday 8/25 is the practice day from 12pm - 3pm.

Sunday 8/26 is race day from 12 noon until 5:30 pm.

The practice day is not a formal schedule, however the Safety Zone is in effect. The race boats will enter the course at their leisure and make some laps to get familiar with the course.

Q) What are the on water restrictions?

A) During the hours mentioned above the Taunton River in Fall River will be CLOSED to boat traffic on the entire east side (Fall River) of the river (the Safety Zone). Spectators will have a great view of the races from the west side of the river (Somerset).

Q) Where is the best place to watch the races from the water?

A) The best and ONLY spectator location for boats is on the west side of the river (Somerset). No spectator boats will be allowed to anchor anywhere on the Fall River side of the river for this event. The Somerset side west of the lighthouse offers a great spot to view the races.

Q) Where is the race course?

A) The course starts north of the Braga Bridge, about even with Point Gloria, and goes south all the way to Tiverton.

Q) Can I get in or out of the marina’s, restaurants, or in and out of Battleship Cove during the races?

A) No. There will be no boat traffic allowed on the east side of the river during the time that the Coast Guard has declared a “safety zone” in effect.

Q) What if I am traveling north or south on the river to get somewhere and I have nothing to do with the races.

A) Stay on the extreme west side (Somerset) of the river and you should be able to “wiggle” your way through the spectator boats.

Q) What if I go down to my boat at one of the marinas to go somewhere during the races.

A) There will be law enforcement vessels stationed at all the entrances to the marina’s to enforce the Safety Zone. You will not be allowed to exit the marina while the safety zone is in effect.

Q) Does this apply to small inflatables and dinghies.

A) Yes. This applies to all boats and watercraft of every type. No boats, kayaks, dinghies, rafts, etc will be allowed to move on the Fall River side of the river.

Q) Will I be able to launch my boat at Bicentennial Park during the Safety Zone?

A) Yes. You can launch. You will be directed North up to the Brightman Bridge, If you want to go south you will have to go north 1st, then west to the Somerset side, You should be able to wiggle south through the Spectator boats.

Q) Are there moorings available in Battleship Cove?

A) We do have moorings available for rent. You can reserve a mooring at Dockwa.com

Q) If I am coming by boat and I come before the safety zone is in effect, where can I pickup some guests that are on land in Fall River?

A) They can park in Battleship Cove and you can pick them up at the Fall River Public Landing. These are the dinghy docks located right next to the Carousel building in Battleship Cove.

Q) How soon after the races end can we move?

A) The minute the Coast Guard ends the Safety Zone the river is open to all traffic. Please come ashore at one of our waterfront restaurants, if you have a dinghy we invite you to pickup one of our city moorings, and we also have a Public Landing in Battleship Cove for short term tie up. Come take a walk on our Boardwalk.

http://www.heraldnews.com/news/20180...e-tips-for-you

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    OFFSHORE POWERBOAT ASSOCIATION RETURNS TO THE SOUTH COAST AUGUST 25-26, 2018

2018 opa alex aniFor the third year, super boats including Alex & Ani and Gieco will be battling for supremacy in the2018 Fall River Grand Prix.

Last year we saw record breaking turnouts on the shores of the city with over 10,000 spectators cheering on the powerboats throughout the weekend.

The “Race Village” located at Borden Light Marina will feature entertainment and multiple local ven-dors. In addition, visitors can stroll through the pit area and see the boats up close and meet the Captains and Crew!

2018 opaJoin the team that is responsible for hosting a world class event here in the South Coast while increasing your brand awareness. Please read the attached synopsis of our promotional sponsorship levels, and benefit package.

Don’t hesitate to call my cell 508-944-3728 with your questions or ideas.

We look forward to having you be part of the team!

Thank You,
    Michael Lund