1. Collapse Details
    Gallery Of The Week: Fountains Fly The Flag And More At Big Thunder Marine
    Cutting a swath at the Lake of the Ozarks, https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...thunder-marine.

2. Collapse Details

Whats the deal with the fountain cats?

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well,

The Fountain cat is molds purchased from Chris who built them while he owned Smart Marine.

The hull mold is a splash from the old Maelstrom cat Chris purchased, then supposedly tweaked, and made the mold from.

The deck is supposedly a splash from a Doug Wright cat Chris raced for awhile.

Fountain, Iconic Marine, bought the mold from Chris because he needed the money due to financial issues he was having. They had one at the Miami Boat Show with 400's listed at $199,000 I think. The couple people I know who were looking at outboard cats said they were not impressed with its performance.

That they just got caught modifying the motor to get higher speeds than the other cats in the same size says hmmmmmmmm.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Since this story was published, Joe Curran, the chief operating officer of Iconic Marine Group—Fountain’s parent company—confirmed (today) that ECMs in the 32 Thunder Cat Verado 400R outboard engines were modified “for testing purposes.”

https://speedonthewater.com/new-boat...s-130-plus-mph

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Well,

The Fountain cat is molds purchased from Chris who built them while he owned Smart Marine.

The hull mold is a splash from the old Maelstrom cat Chris purchased, then supposedly tweaked, and made the mold from.

The deck is supposedly a splash from a Doug Wright cat Chris raced for awhile.

Fountain, Iconic Marine, bought the mold from Chris because he needed the money due to financial issues he was having. They had one at the Miami Boat Show with 400's listed at $199,000 I think. The couple people I know who were looking at outboard cats said they were not impressed with its performance.

That they just got caught modifying the motor to get higher speeds than the other cats in the same size says hmmmmmmmm.
    Thank, what does reggie say about the cats?

6. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I haven't asked him. That would be a good question to find out though......