1. Collapse Details
    Fate of Unlimiteds in Madison to be decided this week.
    Blog Entries
    The week upcoming is big one for the Madison Regatta.

After hosting the Unlimiteds for 67 years, a decision will be made if 2018 will be year 68.

The regatta board of directors and executive board are set to meet on Wednesday, January 31.

Will H1 Unlimited be part of the racing?

The Madison Regatta has a proposal into H1 Unlimited, hoping for at least 8 boats to compete for the Indiana Governor's Cup.

H1 Unlimited has been quiet on the situation, while the Madison Regatta committee waits for their decision.

Regatta President Dan Cole tells Hydro News an announcement will be made on the direction of the event on February 7 at their general membership meeting.

And, just as importantly, if Unlimited Hydroplane racing be on the schedule in July.

A new regatta logo is in the works, as well as a re-designed website. A headliner for the music festival will also be announced.

The Midwest Tube Mills Madison Regatta is scheduled for July 6-8.

Hydro News

2. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Midwest Tube Mills, Inc. located in historic Madison, IN is pleased to announce the securing of rights for the Title Sponsorship for the 2018 Indiana Governors Cup Madison Regatta. The race will take place on July 6th– 8th on the Wild Bill Cantrell race course on the Ohio River here in beautiful Madison, IN.

Just like the Regatta, MTM has been a constant in the Madison community for many years and 2018 marks the twenty fifth year of existence for the company. MTM CEO and President Rick Russell states “I cannot think of a better way to celebrate our 25th year than partnering with the Madison Regatta and the Madison community to be the Title Sponsor to such a great event. The Regatta allows Madison to showcase everything that it has to offer and with all the hard work going into the 2018 event I am sure this year will be something that we can all be proud of.”

MTM has become an industry leader in the manufacturing and sales of steel rolled tubing for the fence industry. MTM has clients in all of the lower forty eight states and several off shore locations. The product is commonly used in government and highway projects all around the United States. Russell states “The product we manufacture, right here in Madison has become synonymous with the quality the industry requires for many high profile jobs. I am very proud to have been able to locate my company here and experience the growth that we have over the past several years. We could not have accomplished this without the continual support of the City of Madison, which is why I have chosen to continue to sponsor community based events like the Regatta. My family and I are thankful for everything that Madison has provided and this is our way of saying thank you.”

MTM has been active in a number of community initiatives like the Regatta for several years. This is the first year they have taken on the sole responsibility of Title Sponsor. Russell stated, “With all the hard work by Dan Cole and the Regatta organization that the sponsorship was warranted and would pay dividends to the community for years to come.”

http://www.h1unlimited.com/2018/01/m...dison-regatta/

3. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    As a result of dialogue with H1 Unlimited and the Madison Board of Directors, The Madison Regatta has come to terms for a H1 Unlimited event on July 7th-8th, The 2018 Midwest Tube Mills Indiana Governor's Cup featuring a guaranteed 6 boat field, with the potential for an additional two boats. The H1 event will be points race, counting towards the 2018 H1 Season National High Points.

The H1 race format will be testing and qualifying during a four hour window on Saturday, the 7th, and all competition heats will be on Sunday, the 8th. The H1 action will be in conjunction with GPW racing on Saturday, and a GPW final on Sunday. The GPW field has an expected 10 boats coming to Madison.

This helps towards finalizing an exciting 3-day weekend of boats, music, and food for the "Madison Regatta and The Roostertail Music Festival", the official title of this years event. Headlining the music festival will be the Turnpike Troubadours, with more details coming soon and an exciting new look for the event.