Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    That race in Key West still sticks in my mind as a great ride overall. Its was as good as it gets for having fun until it wasn't.

The point I was making that should not be over looked is I got really busted up at 60 mph. Stress increase exponentially at every 10 miles an hour increase in speed.

A good example of stress and pressure is expressed in an old fashion speedometer. It's a simple pressure gauge. 70 mph is 70 lbs of pressure. 100 mph is 140 lbs in round numbers.
    Last edited by MOBILEMERCMAN; 02-01-2018 at 10:11 PM.

2. Collapse Details

I cant speak for everybody, but for me, that "zone" Fundy speaks of. when your in that zone, there is no risk in your mind, its all instinct. Its like jogging down the street, you come to a curb, you simply step up and over the curb and keep going, you don't come up to the curb thinking, ""If I dont step up over the curb I will trip" Now if you somehow pop out of that zone mid race, it can cause heart palpations....
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

3. Collapse Details

Being in the Zone does not exempt you from injury. You can be in the zone and something can happen so fast you don't have time to think or react. In less then a blink of your eye it can happen. The hope is your heart is still beating and your face is not in the water.

I get it, the zone you speak of, your focus is so heightened that time seems to slow down. The shoreline could be on fire and you'd never notice.

4. Collapse Details

High speed boats are truly unique machines. They operate simultaneously in two very different mediums. Add to that one of them has an ever changing surface. The faster you go the more you fly over the water. The bigger the seas the more the surface changes. Seas have faces, swells and holes which act in various patterns and amplitudes. Mixed up and converging seas can create an infinite combination of varying swells and holes. When two swells meet at a given point the height is the sum of the two. Three converge and its height is the sum of all three for that moment. Same is true for holes.

Know your limitations, understand your equipment, respect the water, and don't mess with mother nature if you are searching for safety in hi performance boating.

5. Collapse Details

Well said fund razor... you got half of that bang-on.."non participating well meaning" when it comes to racing....

6. Collapse Details

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Your concern concerns me. I'm not buying it. Cheers..jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	85018