1. Collapse Details
    29' Mirage Cortes Molds
    Hello wanted to see if you guys can chime in I know there are still alot of people around from the old power boat days. I recently acquired a mold of the original mirage 29' Cortes but strenched to 33'.

He said that the 32' midnight express is a copy of the 29' mirage. Just wanted to get more info on it from the guys who actually know the history with all these boats.

I am really interested in knowing the history as the orignal builder is related to me thru my grandfather and want to continue the legacy.

I saw some post of his son Pop57 and want to know if you guys knew how to contact him.

Thanks guys!!

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We will try to find out what we can.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    We will try to find out what we can.
    Thank you man I appreciate it.

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Chatted with Charlie McCarthy. Here's what he recalls.

"All I remember from Mirage is that they took a 28 Cigarette and used that as the plug. They say it was stretched to be called a 29, but they look pretty close to me.

Midnight express was started with a "borrowed" mold from Cigarette."
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Chatted with Charlie McCarthy. Here's what he recalls.

"All I remember from Mirage is that they took a 28 Cigarette and used that as the plug. They say it was stretched to be called a 29, but they look pretty close to me.

Midnight express was started with a "borrowed" mold from Cigarette."
    Ratickle,

They do look at lot alike then again most of the boats in that era do since they were all copies of copies lol. The mold I have was made by Pedro's "Bing's Partner" brother who used a Cortes 29' Mirage and strenched it to 33'. There as only been one pulled from mold for over 20 years the mold is like new condition. What makes mold special to me is that's its a copy of the Cortes Mirage bc he is a relative of mine. I remember hearing my uncles/mother speaking of him when I was a was growing up but I never knew he was the founder of Mirage until a few days ago after doing research about the mold I got.