1. Collapse Details
    Our C-54 model boat story
    The C-54 is a model of the Cigarette hull that was cut down and fitted with a deck and canopy from Skater, They were after the worlds speed record that fountain held, This boat fell a few MPH short, But I belive is still the fastest Cigarette hull out there. later she was tore down again and fitted with a nice open cockpit and painted very nice as the Strength and Honor boat. Our model is 54" and powered with a Inline twin she has seen speeds in the mid to upper 70's and is the boat to beat in the model boat racing class of Super boat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails skater ciggarette merger.jpg   real c-54.JPG   2006_0218miamiboatshow0008.JPG  

C-54.jpg   tom tuso boats 003.jpg   strength and honor.JPG  

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It was hands down the fastest Cig ever.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

There's went 172MPH ours has seen 78mph, so there is a 94mph difference. But ours is only 54" so what scale does that make it? I am playing and stirring the pot to get some of you that are viewing to start posting, Let's talk boats. Our scale speeds beat there's ....LOL

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There is no such thing as scale when it comes to speed. If there was, I could say my 10' boat goes 4.3 times as fast as my 43' boat.

So if people actually started talking, and actually thinking, scale speed. Then I'd have to make a model of the world's largest super tanker, make it about 5' long instead of 1500 feet long, and go out and kick everybody's scale asses.

But then somebody would make one 3' long and kick my ass.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

5. Collapse Details

AHH, sometimes stiring the pot gets people talking the most. That little boat has gone faster though, in the back of the car on the way to the lake. Maybe I should put a GPS in it and strap it to the back of the GSX-R 1000 then scale speed would not matter, I would have proof that our 54" model of there boat went faster then the real one....LOL.