Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details
    New OFFshore Racing
    Well I have been thinking about this for many years and I think i will get some good people to play and represent model boating with a event that will have offshore model boat racing in it. I do not want to call it model boat racing. I want to call it a event, and promote the great hobby of model boats. The racing will just be part of the event. So here is the plan, and I want suggestions on the racing rules ect. But my thoughts are to bring model boating up to a higher level, like a TOP GUN approach to boating. !st the plan will be to get a water front restaurant/bar as the place to race. So LOCATION,LOCATION ,LOCATION to sell model boating. these places have great insurance, MAMBA, IMPBA not needed. it will cost 100.00 to enter the event. We are only looking for 24 racers. size model boat does not matter, must be powered by gas. you will need 1 or 2 team mates. all dressed the same. shorts, matching race shirts., we will display our boats in the morning. some staff (unbiased ) will grade the how good you and your boat set up look. winner of that will get 200.00, then we will have 2, 12 boat offshore heats in the waters at there place, probably salt and might be rough, / OFFSHORE!!! the fastest boat might not win. they will be 20 minute heats, each player needs to bring his boat in for a 5 minute pit stop, so you have time to fix a problem and running time is only 15 minutes less when you consider time it takes to come in and get back out. the winners of the 2 qualifying heats get 200.00, then we take the top 5 of each group and have a 20 minute race with no pit stop. The winner of that race gets 400.00 The rest of the money goes for making the series and what we are doing better. This my friends will be real Racing. the players will be representing good, if you are not you will be DQ'd, come to have fun and promote model boating or do not come at all. We will ask that teams support hosting restaurants. Lets have a great model boaters lunch together ect. I will do what I can to arrange for a full size offshore boat to be sitting in the parking lot. This will be about FUN. there will be little hurdles, like counting laps, team mates will be doing it by hand. we will have to get things set up. and when I get a location all of us need to understand it will be a first, with some growing pains, We do not want anything to take away from the fun and promotion. This is just a base line, let me have your input, I will be talking to some places soon. I want to see what you boaters think first. This is a great time to get into big beautiful OFFSHORE gas boating.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 022314boat 613 (2).jpg   phantom.jpg   images (2).jpg  

lg-850037-0-8765.jpg   Mk26492.jpg   100_0836.jpg  

jbs racing.jpg   Apaches.jpg