1. Collapse Details
    New OFFshore Racing
    Well I have been thinking about this for many years and I think i will get some good people to play and represent model boating with a event that will have offshore model boat racing in it. I do not want to call it model boat racing. I want to call it a event, and promote the great hobby of model boats. The racing will just be part of the event. So here is the plan, and I want suggestions on the racing rules ect. But my thoughts are to bring model boating up to a higher level, like a TOP GUN approach to boating. !st the plan will be to get a water front restaurant/bar as the place to race. So LOCATION,LOCATION ,LOCATION to sell model boating. these places have great insurance, MAMBA, IMPBA not needed. it will cost 100.00 to enter the event. We are only looking for 24 racers. size model boat does not matter, must be powered by gas. you will need 1 or 2 team mates. all dressed the same. shorts, matching race shirts., we will display our boats in the morning. some staff (unbiased ) will grade the how good you and your boat set up look. winner of that will get 200.00, then we will have 2, 12 boat offshore heats in the waters at there place, probably salt and might be rough, / OFFSHORE!!! the fastest boat might not win. they will be 20 minute heats, each player needs to bring his boat in for a 5 minute pit stop, so you have time to fix a problem and running time is only 15 minutes less when you consider time it takes to come in and get back out. the winners of the 2 qualifying heats get 200.00, then we take the top 5 of each group and have a 20 minute race with no pit stop. The winner of that race gets 400.00 The rest of the money goes for making the series and what we are doing better. This my friends will be real Racing. the players will be representing good, if you are not you will be DQ'd, come to have fun and promote model boating or do not come at all. We will ask that teams support hosting restaurants. Lets have a great model boaters lunch together ect. I will do what I can to arrange for a full size offshore boat to be sitting in the parking lot. This will be about FUN. there will be little hurdles, like counting laps, team mates will be doing it by hand. we will have to get things set up. and when I get a location all of us need to understand it will be a first, with some growing pains, We do not want anything to take away from the fun and promotion. This is just a base line, let me have your input, I will be talking to some places soon. I want to see what you boaters think first. This is a great time to get into big beautiful OFFSHORE gas boating.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 022314boat 613 (2).jpg   phantom.jpg   images (2).jpg  

lg-850037-0-8765.jpg   Mk26492.jpg   100_0836.jpg  

jbs racing.jpg   Apaches.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Name and Objective
    The name of this group will Be ?
    The reason for which the Group is formed is to promote and facilitate the Best of the
    Best in model Boating. To stimulate the design and construction of Offshore Model Power Boats
    within the class rules and to encourage the running, racing development and use of Offshore model Power
    Boats.

General Members Rules
    • NO SMOKING or ALCOHOL permitted During the racing segment of these EVENTS, smoking applies to pit area's, Drinking by drivers or there crews will get there team Disqualified, for the day.
    • NO open toe shoes to be worn, Teams crew members and drivers will wear uniforms, closed toe shoes, matching shirts and shorts or long paints. Team can wear shorts or long pants same color.
    • ALL SPECTATORS must stay outside of pit WET PIT. Only driver’s ,spotter’s, RD’s
    and Lap Scorers allowed No team Uniform, no wet pit entry.
    there is no heat racing taking place. We will need to remember these spectators are customers of hosting location. All crews and drivers need to treat them as such and be very polite.“SAFETY FIRST”
    • Entries will be 100.00 per event, The pay out will be half of the entry monies collected. Your Id number will be the last 4 of your phone number.
    • We will rope and block off wet pit area Accordingly.
    • Our players will all be in uniforms, This will be you ok to be in pit area.
    • Our days will start with a how good do we look and represent, This will be scored By restaurant/bar staff.scores will be from 1-10 on the whole teams and there boats, Most points wins.
    • Leave the place better then we get it. I will address this as needed. But we will just start with a clean positive slate.
    Open Class Specifications
    Open Class – Hulls 48”-75” in. using 27.1cc – 70cc GAS engines.

• All Cats and V-Hulls will run together in the same class. Classes will be separated upon
    engine size.
    • Petrol Engines ONLY!
    • You can run twins as long as the maximum CC does not exceed 70cc combined.
    • Sport Class piston port motors only.
    • No turn fins allowed.
    Extreme Class Specifications
    Hulls 70”-100” in. (including overhang) using Gas engines (up to 85cc), Turbine engines (Twin
    Turbine max.) and Nitro engines.
    • All Cats and V-Hulls will run together.

• Clutches are permitted! . I do not know that we will be catering to a stock engine class, I have nothing against them but really only 24 Teams?
    • All engines must have tuned pipe with a muffler.

Extreme Class - Refer to Extreme class spec

• There shall be NO backup boats at ANY event.

• YOU will have 1 hour of Open Water (12pm to 1pm) to make final adjustments and
    tweaks before Event officially starts @ 1:15pm. Times may Vary

Tech Inspection Rules (Mandatory)
    Tech Inspection between 11 - 11:30am. RACE FEE must be paid during Tech!!! Times may very, our techs will be done while teams are being judged on there representaion

r
    11:30am results in a NO COMPETITION DAY meaning you are NO longer eligible to race,
    unless you notify of an emergency situation.
    • Drivers meeting @ 9:45am
    • ALL boats with capsule style hatches must have vinyl or painted Windscreens!!!
    • All boats must display visible class numbers on both sides of the hull at a min. 2.5” in
    height in either Black or White.
    • All boats must run with fitted tops unless top has been lost or damaged during course
    of race day and is un-repairable.
    • All boats must have some sort of Fail Safe that will be checked by turning OFF your
    Transmitter while motor(s) is started and throttle shutting OFF motor(s) completely. If
    you are not running a 2.4GHz radio you must have an alternate frequency in case you
    happen to be in a heat race with someone on the same frequency.
    Open canopy boats must have scale looking drivers.
    • All boats must have flotation.

Our drivers meeting will be fun, Our racing will be great and the payout after the day is done will be fantastic.

3. Collapse Details

Any drones filming it should be shaped like cheap helicopters and have scale pilots and photographers in them.

4. Collapse Details

I have this subject posted in a few places, On the hobby sites, I have put out there that we want to film with a drone. I do not know if we will be able to find a helicopter pilot to easy in today's world that can fly that good and will risk his heli over the water. Right now my goal is finding the right equipment that would allow the race to be live streamed to the Tv's In the Hosting Restaurant/Bar. This is a icing on the cake part of things, But I am very glad we are at least talking. That is the real first step is to get potential Players talking. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=deaSN98dAto
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4332008_orig.jpg   65457_orig.jpg   7562216_orig.jpg  

gtx.jpg   thunde11.jpg   5435751_orig.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

Once you get TV, you can get big money sponsorships.

6. Collapse Details

More great news, I talked to the people from the location I wanted and they are on board. This is all about timing right now, I did not want to set up a date with a waterfront Bar/Restaurant and not have players, I also did not want to get the players and not have a place to play. She will e-mail me soon and we will discuss more then we could today. But overall they are in and the ball is in our (us boaters) hands. We talked about and agree that may when the big boats are in town will be great https://thunderoncocoabeach.com/ but also discussed a trail run before that date. Lets start getting some names of who wants to play, remember, you need a crew of at least 1 or 2 members. Uniforms for that crew, and nice boats. Getting this list will not happen over night and that is fine, this is all new and it will take word of mouth. That ball is rolling. The boats we want as well as the people will be representing model boating. these pictures are from the back area, the restaurant and bar are very nice, Me and lisa have been working in the shop and I did not want to walk in on a Saturday Taking pictures yet. I would love that, I am going to go after sponsors once I have the 24 teams of players lined up, fro now I am just talking away that the video can be seen from the hosting restaurant/Bar. we can race on Saturday and be part of this, then watch the races on Sunday together if we want to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB_VDrRt0IE

OH, and as you can see we will be racing for money. And bragging rights. look the best with your boat and crew,200.00, win you qualifying heat 200.00, Top 5 in each group make the finals, any of them can win, and that's 400.00. ....... Look the best, win your heat and then the finals and you get 800.00 with a model boat. And a great Trophy probably. we will pay out half, So rught now 200.00 is not accounted for. All these numbers change with less teams. So come on guys do not let that happen start letting me know you want to play. This location is on A1A and 520 on the river side of Cocoa beach. Awesome location.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 004.jpg   005.jpg   006.jpg  

007.jpg   008.jpg   009.jpg  

010.jpg   011.jpg  
    Last edited by Expresscraft; 10-09-2017 at 11:57 AM.

7. Collapse Details

Would be cool to have a street party the night before, so everyone who traveled for the race can meet the drivers. Close the street so the boats can be admired by the crowds.

8. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You mean like one block of the street???????
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

9. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Are you going out to the NAMBA Nationals in Las Vegas?

10. Collapse Details

My thought is we will do our Event on Saturday and be able to watch the real boats race on Sunday. They do block the streets off and we might be able to set up with them. I am not going to Vegas, I am going to try and make the winter nats with one of our Phantom hulls. A lot of our boats are to big for NAMBA, they only allow 60" I am working on this Event to be part of this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB_VDrRt0IE

11. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Be cautious with that event.

The event this year was May 18-21. Next year the new offshore organization, RaceWorld Offshore, is saying they will be having their first race in Key West on May 21-25.

Something has to give, not sure what at this point........

12. Collapse Details

Thank you for that information, We have not set any real dates yet as we need to get the players together. I am glad to have a location that I think will work with us on the dates. If all goes well I will get a endorsement from our 1st location to help open the doors for other locations.
    I think to be fair to hosting locations, We should be loyal to them as well, I do not think it would be right to put on a great EVENT then do the same thing at another place right down the road. So I think some distance between locations will also be a consideration.
    Cocoa beach
    Tampa
    Miami
    Jacksonville
    Ft lauderdale
    Are all on the list so far. That would have us racing about ever 6 weeks. Maybe we take the 200.00 not accounted for from each event and pay 1,200.00 to the winner of a year end Champion race.