Thread: Turbine rigging

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Can't wait too as 1 might say; deprecate, what you have tried to communicate to us,

1. GEAR IS = TRANSMISSIONS - DRIVEs AND related RATIO'S ETC.

2. CRANKSHAFT IS INTERNAL IN AN INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE

3. TRANSOM IS THE "STERN" OR REAR MOUNTING POINT 4-GEAR AND ENGINES AND DRIVES

4. ? HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A 90* gear box ?

5. thank you for the conversation !

6. U + I -- R , talkin the same geometry, between us, no doubt, let's think about gear ratio's, hull efficiency and their related machinery and thus ; propulsion units !

2. Collapse Details

PS: why use a surface drive " 101 " - -- VS. a conventional stern drive can we/you/or, discuss the pro's + con's ? I luv'em! - -

3. Collapse Details

Rik, do-u- not want 2 "tango" come now it's all in fun and 2 create a "think-ing thing" dude ! u in or out ? U do a fab. job ! Like I said can U promote/discuss the Pros & Cons of a surface drive vs: a stern drive ? don't B bashfull. OR just say GFYS

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Rik, do-u- not want 2 "tango" come now it's all in fun and 2 create a "thing-ing thing" dude ! u in or out ? U do a fab. job ! Like I said can U promote/discuss the Pros & Cons of a surface drive vs: a stern drive ? don't B bashfull. OR just say GFYS
    I am not certain as to what you are wanting here. I don't need a pulpit and have nothing to prove.

Being that you know me, who are you?

5. Collapse Details

I am frozen water/& mean no harm/no pulpit pushing/just thought you were sort of a doctor of the surface drive realm/are u-knot ? Best thing out there ! IMHO - - :chillpill:

6. Collapse Details

Ok boys lets get it back on track.

Temperture shot to a schorching 45degrees Yipee!!!!
    One in one to go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0001.jpg   DSCN0002.jpg   DSCN0003.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

I,m shooting for the other before the big storms come rolling in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0004.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

Thanks, for the up beat, looks like that Vac. did something super for the attitude adjustment LOL ! don't tell me, yep your right I do need 1 that is Vac. & adj. Last 1 was up to Alaska, before that the last full wk. off was in "97" Lookin good my fine lad. anything cook' in on RT.1 ? ? ? and gutta luv. the backhoe style chain fall NICE. :gnorsi: - clean bilge.

9. Collapse Details

Pic with the cars really put in to reality how big those pipes really are for someone that doesn't see them all the time

10. Collapse Details

ok, is it just me or what exactly is tango saying? I'm not quite able to follow all of the abbreviations and arcane lingo. Help.
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

11. Collapse Details

I write upside down and back-words LOL, just gooffin with a few/ask a question will try 2-help God knows I need it :angelsad2::Angel_anim:

12. Collapse Details
    big pipes
    Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    Pic with the cars really put in to reality how big those pipes really are for someone that doesn't see them all the time
    MM dude they are huge the lower section of the exhaust, just before the turbine engine's exhaust exit point has a drain provision. That way water or rain water can not enter the last combustion chamber of the turbine engine thus flooding or puddling in the engine it-self. kool stuff or HOT @ times ! Notice the thermal blanket wrap around the pipes ? if it gets moist it will steam off for a while during start up. ps hows the mortgage market doin ?

13. Collapse Details

take a close look @ the 2nd exhaust system in photo #1 post #126 "the 2nd 1 back to the left" can you see the little catch tray ? that catches any excess water and drains into the bilge. on the front exhaust set up it is located @ approx 8 o'clock, but in the boat it faces down in the 6 - o'clock position once rigged and installed.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by old377guy View Post
    ok, is it just me or what exactly is tango saying? I'm not quite able to follow all of the abbreviations and arcane lingo. Help.
    So it's not me that has had a hard time deciphering the garble.

Then all of a sudden he quits trying to be cute and types like he knows how. WTF is his problem?

15. Collapse Details

Hey Rik, just got off the PH with Casale Eng. great bunch, the garble is there to B deciphered, thanks, and will try to stay on track.

16. Collapse Details

KR, you paint the bilge soft grey ? tell me what are the little tanks with the rubber tube and breathers for ? I see one mounted to the right, below the starboard engine and one to the left along the stringer on the port side.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    KR, you paint the bilge soft grey ? tell me what are the little tanks with the rubber tube and breathers for ? I see one mounted to the right, below the starboard engine and one to the left along the stringer on the port side.
    On Shut down the T53,s have a self purge of the nozzles
    combined with a combuster drain.
    Prevents clogging nozzles over exstended layups.

It is a -4 drain.

I picked up some Valvecover Puke tanks on EBAY
    Slightly modified them to fit.

It was challanging to get them slightly lower then the combuster housing and still be able to get at them for periodic
    drainage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails catch1.JPG   catch2.JPG  

18. Collapse Details

great thread, now I seem to be able to get the drift tango, rik and knot. very interesting machinery and rigging. - jeff
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    18 inches in diamiter. I dropped a bungee cord down the pipe
    I can actually fit in it

20. Collapse Details

KR, do you have 2-in or are those older photos ? Looks like your area may be hit with 10+ inches of the white cold fluffy powdery stuff between 2-night and into early monday AM. Get her tight to the weather, sure you do ! By the way, in general how often do you need to drain the purge tanks from the combuster chambers ?